1. Hi Guest, please read about new forum structure
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Live chat was removed from the Home page of the forum. You can access it in the Shoutbox section.
    Dismiss Notice

I need a duromine buddy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Traceo, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Traceo

Traceo New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi! I'm on my first day 40mg and I am looking for someone who has also just started to chat to etc.
    I'm 30 with 2 kids and thought it would be cool to have a "duromine buddy" to share the journey with!

Finding Me again and Andi4today like this.
  2. Dani83

Dani83 New Member
    Registered

Hello Traceo, I started on 30mg today it's my first time trying duromine.
    I also have 2 children and I'm 34. A "duromine buddy" sounds like a great idea!

Indi and Traceo like this.
  3. Andi4today

Andi4today Member
    Registered

Hahaha @Traceo what a great idea, a duromine/weight loss buddy .. I'm single mum to four delightful spawn

Indi and Traceo like this.
  4. Traceo

Traceo New Member
    Registered

It's my first time too! I had THE WORST sleep...if u can even call it sleep! How are you finding it???

5. Traceo

Traceo New Member
    Registered

Yay duromine buddies lol I wasn't sure if anyone would reply. The forum seems a bit dead apart from people wanting to buy it online lol

Andi4today likes this.
  6. Miki

Miki New Member
    Registered

Hi Traceo - I just started yesterday..
    I am really forcing myself to eat something. How about you?

Andi4today likes this.
  7. Wa.girl

Wa.girl New Member
    Registered

I started on Tuesday. I'm a 35 yr old mum of one toddler.. was happy with my body pre baby, but stacked on a lot of weight during pregnancy and even more after (breastfeeding did not shed the baby weight) so now that my boobs are no longer needed to feed my little one I'm hoping to regain my pre baby body back.. I have so many clothes stashed away I can't wait to get back into and I refuse to buy any more 'fat clothes'. Looking to lose 20-25kgs or just fit back into my old clothes :) I am taking 15mg atm and find I'm still hungry but trying to limit my food intake as I binge/emotional eat a lot. I think I'm addicted to food so hoping to break the constant thinking about food. Am looking at doing up a monthly meal plan, that way I only think of food while writing one up and organising the shopping lists, then I don't have to think about food daily?? Sorry I'm rambling . Lovely to meet u all and I hope we can all achieve what we are after in this duromine journey

8. Andi4today

Andi4today Member
    Registered

@Traceo how are you doing today? Any side effect?

9. Lized

Lized Member
    Registered

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Ladies!! Finally a chat group that actually has some people CHATTING on it! This site is so quiet!

Ok so this is me: divorced mom of 2, boy (6) and girl (7)....yes 20 months age gap EEK *lol* turning 36 in November - WHY OH WHY???? - who is just tired of having to starve myself to lose just a little bit of weight. I guess you can say I dont have a great body image - I make myself very very unhappy when I dont feel good about my weight and it affects all other areas of my life when I get this miserable - but I just hate having to scratch through piles of awesome work clothes etc every morning which I cant squeeze into anymore yet refuse to throw out because I still love them, etc. So I just want to feel better about myself again. I also tend to comfort eat and I have a petite bone structure which means aevery single ounce of weight I gain shows immediately - my mother is the first to point this ou tto me lol.

So I joined the forum when I started on 30mg in July 2017. I was very worried about possible side effects, so I walked around with the script in my handbag for probably 2 months before actually going to the chemist. Also wanted to wean myself of anxiety meds - which I had been on for over 2 years as opposed to "just temporary" as initially intended (started shortly after my divorce because I was really struggling to cope alone with two small kids, one of which has ADHD and a manipulating ex husband on the side line). I was on the 30mg for about 3/4 weeks with a day off here and there (usually over a weekend) but I had a REALLY REALLY hectic time that same month with my ex husband, my daughter having issues at school, money worries etc so I just couldn't handle the "extra" anxiety - plus the lack of sleep was INSANE on top of an already exhausting life.

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY I dont regard myself as a big drinker, but hey every girl needs a glass of Merlot now and then especially when you finally get to sit and catch up with a friend, but oh my what a bad idea when you're one these pills..... trust me, if you are even remotely considering having a glass of wine (or two) now and then I can tell from personal experience NOT TO. You will feel just awful the next day - whatever is in the pill really really doesnt want you mixing alcohol with it ever regardless of how little.

Im generally quite a bad sleeper and can get quite anxious WITHOUT the meds - I am a worrrier I know, I know - so I'm still struggling with those two side effects. I am awake at 3am EVERY night - drink some water, wee for the 146th time for the day and then kinda snooze again till just before 5am. By 5 not even a tranquiliser could get me to sleep more, not that I've tried that! So I just get up and keep myself busy.

But this time round I am havign a lot more water and I can definitely say it helps. Not the sleep part *sigh* but most definitely less anxious.

How's everyone else doing? Do you gals have a weigh in day or are you taking measurements instead? I havent weighed yet - feeling bit bloated so dont want to demotivate myself. Gonna try and go by how my clothes fit for now.

xx

10. Andi4today

Andi4today Member
    Registered

OMG @Lized you'd be amazed at how similar our stories are! Single mums, bad body image, comfort eaters, stress and toxic exes!

Could you possibly ask Dr for something to help sleep? Melatonin is quite safe, not cheap though. Also, I'd recommend a vitamin B complex - its supposed to help with anxiety/stress & energy/metabolism I'd end up on a killing spree if I wasn't getting a decent sleep every so often!

I think thats the best tell, clothes; because if your clothes fit differently then its real progress and progress you can see! I think I might try weighing every week or two, long enough space that I hope to see a change on the scale every time *fingers crossed* I dont measure, never really got how and where you do it, lol - I think it would be neat to know but I can't be f****d.

Daisyflower and Catherine C like this.
  11. Catherine C

Catherine C New Member
    Registered

Hi there!
    Thank you for your awesome post, so much resonated with me.... about to turn 40 (omg)
    Traumatic childhood, not much family, dumped by my husband 18 months ago.... A 6 and 9 year old, work full time .... and I rely on food and wine way too much to keep me going. Sad ...
    so starting Duromine tomorrow and hoping to start losing some Weight and feeling good again.... (170cms and 86 kilos yuck)
    Time to feel and look good again! Have anxiety big time... hope I can cope !

Andi4today likes this.
  12. Andi4today

Andi4today Member
    Registered

Hi @Catherine C .. Good luck, let us know how you feel tomorrow - first few days can be an adjustment, just try to take it early in the morning and drink lots of water

Catherine C likes this.
  13. Lized

Lized Member
    Registered

WHAHAHA im the EXACT SAME with measuring! Where the actual HELL am I supposed to put the tape around my waist?? HOWEVER: I figured out a clever way to measure my thighs though - I put the tape at the exact spot where I have a tiny freckle (quite high up my thigh obviously) lol........stop laughing - bet you ten bucks by tonight you will be inspecting your things to see if you have a"freckle marker" too lol!!

hey babe, look at it this way: thats one of veeeeeery few single mum perks, i.e.: living alone means no one sees those insane looking moments where I and hunched over in my knickers trying to find the damn freckle with the tape in my hand.... :)

PS: I actually have Melatonin (cost a fortune, youre right!) and Ive literally had ONE tablet a few months back and it did nothing....does it have any counter effects on the Duromine? Yes I know there I go over thinking again....

xxxx

14. Lized

Lized Member
    Registered

True! Ive started taking mine at 3:30am (when I wake up to wee - like clockwork!) Get a bit hungry when I get up for the day though.

Andi4today and Catherine C like this.
  15. Lized

Lized Member
    Registered

Jeesh BABE you have no idea how I can relate. Im the only child and not really close to my folks - they just do their own thing and dont really have much interest in my life other than when need be. My mom has been overweight MY entire life (she had me at 20 and kinda slowly let go of herself after that) yet she points out every single kilo I gain and bear in mind she knows how unhappy I get when I gain weight. Dont want it to sound like she unnecessarily blasts me with criticism (I hardly see them haha), just mean she makes very sure I am aware of the fact that my jeans are at their max! Which I hate and she knows. Sigh, anyhoo........

As for your ex - babe Im so sorry to hear that, I know how hard it is at the start of rebuilding your life and with two kids in tow. Worst part: mom's don't have the luxury of falling apart - we need to be the foundation of our home - which means we have to deal with everything falling apart around us. I remember the day I left my husband after years of treating me like sh1t (catalyst event was two days before my 30th birthday when I was screamed at about not "appreciating" flowers sent to my office and how "no fkn wife would be so heartless"): I packed a bag to spend the night with a friend. I remember sitting there looking at my 6 month old baby and my 2 year old and knowing one has to stay with him the night and one can come with me otherwise I wont have a single moment to sort my thoughts. It half killed me. Very glad its behind me. It doesnt go away - they stay in the background for as long as your kids are small - but at least its ad hoc crap now, and not constant like when you stay together.

NEXT: anxiety....babe if there was an accreditation for stress I would have a doctorate. Been like that my whole life - which was great in my university days since I would like start studying for exams 3 months in advance lol - no, not a loser just scared of failing - but a frekkin nightmare as an adult because my daughter's ADHD makes life hard. And the constant bitching from the ex doesnt help either. Loooooooooooord dotn get me starting at attempting to DATE again either!!!! Thats a story for another day.

So, my tips from my limited experience so far: still eat (dont eat nothing, will make you shaky), drink the pill early and drink tons of water. That seems to help me so far. The first attempt was awful, so the second time around Im following all the advice I read on this forum.

And LASTLY: there is nothing sad about enjoying food and wine after working all frekkin day and managing two kids alone. Jeesh drinking less wine has been harder than giving up smoking!!! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT just think how awesome we gonna feel come summer time and we rock those shorts??? Much better than any wine ;)

April, Andi4today and Catherine C like this.
  16. Catherine C

Catherine C New Member
    Registered

My oh my you made me laugh!!!!! Thank you!!!!! Perhaps you aren't skinny but you sure are funny, warm and insightful!!!!! Far better attributes of you ask me!!!!! Thank you sooooo very much!!!!! You are amazing for all you've gotten through with the amazing kick ass attitude you move shown! Ok!!! Let's do this!!!!!! xx

Andi4today likes this.
  17. Andi4today

Andi4today Member
    Registered

What strength is the script? My son (13) has a 2mg tablet script and hes been told he can take x3. Its quite safe & natural? and its only in your system for 4-6hr so I would assume it would have minimal side effects combining with Duromine and better option than other (more chemical) sleep aids

18. Andi4today

Andi4today Member
    Registered

Hey @Miki ... how you doing, it's day three for you, yea? how's the side effects?

19. Catherine C

Catherine C New Member
    Registered

So I feel more energised , but could slam down some pizza Been an hour ... when does this stuff kick in?? (Patience isn't my strong suit haha) ... 30 mg day 1 lots of water And a coffee, half a banana

Andi4today likes this.
  20. Andi4today

Andi4today Member
    Registered

Hahahhahahahha I feel ya @Catherine C, I know its hard to make yourself eat when we want results yesterday, lol, but if you dont eat a lil something a few times a day your body will try to store fat - fighting what the Duromine is working to do ... plus the whole, health habits and what not , but I can't really talk .. I might only get down a bagel, cup of tea and try to make it all right with a lit re of V8 fruit juice

Catherine C likes this.