I love duromine!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Syd_babe, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Hi guys! I'm 23 and extremely overweight. So finally I decided to do something about it. I'm always starting new diets but never go through. In the end of may I asked my doctor to prescribe me some medication that helps lose weight. She prescribed duromine. I started taking it on 1st of June. Maybe had it for 2 weeks then stopped, coz of the stress and thinking " who am I kidding I will never lose weight and no one will love me etc" had a pity party. Started seeing someone in Jule and he was ashemed to take me out. That really got to me. I had so much anger inside. So I went back to my doctor & got another box of duromine. I started on the 10th of August and I was 150 kg and now I'm 139 kg. in 3 weeks. I take duromine in the morning and eat only ones a day. 1000 cal diet. eat only before 5pm. Don't eat or drink nothing at night ( only water). and I feel great! the only thing is I hate gym! and I don't like to feel tired, like I do if I work out there. just to go in the gym with all those skinny ppl around, makes me feel awkward. And how about those chicks who wear make up to the gym haha anyways lol I talk to much. I'm dancing at home and doing basic exsersize and stretching. Better than nothing! :) I want to go down to double digits till Xmas. (aka 99 kg) wish me luck!!

2. Myra250

Myra250 New Member
    Registered

Good luck babe and keep it up.
    Any side effects on your side?

3. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Thanks Myra:) side effects hhmm first week I had a dry mouth but that's about it. Don't feel hungry at all. No mood swings, I'm actually happy 24/7. what about you?

4. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

Good stuff. Hang in there.

I'm on my forth week ( I think, my diary has been missing a few day/weeks lately ) and have been feeling great! Exercise is doing me well along with healthy eating. I stepped out outside the square today and had McDonald's but could not eat a full "small" McChicken meal! I had the burger with only a few chips and no coke!! Funny though, afterwards I felt sick from over eating!! On a small meal?!? I used to smash a large meals and also have 12 nuggets as a side!!

I had my doctors visit today where I weighed in at 103.5 kg. she has prescribed me with another two months of Duramine and I am looking forward to seeing how I go. I'm kind of looking forwardmtomreaching my goal so I don't have to work as hard to maintain it but on the other hand I'm enjoying the exercise! Only thing I am missing out on time with my children..

Phly30M likes this.
  5. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Thanks mate! 103 kg! That’s awesome :) i myself try not to even look towards maccas if I’m passing by lol that is what I used to eat a lot. The thought of scales and being on them was giving me chills :p now I’m looking forward till next week and my gp appointment. I have to go in every week :( you shouldn’t miss out on time with ur kids. u can do so much stuff together like go to the park and ride bikes its fun for all ages + a good exercise! or go swimming fun, ur family will enjoy it and a great exercise... I hope you will reach your goals and good luck :)

6. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Hi guys, just wanted to post a new update. So my weight is 130 kg!!! I lost 20 kg from August (I think from the 10th) still going strong! No fast food so far or a soft drink. Oh and I made a mistake I don't eat 1000 cl a day. It's KJ. small meal ones a day. And take heaps of vitamins. Skin, nails & hair look fine. Do my little work outs. Going slowly but surely :) ok next stop is 120 kg lol
    PS I LOVE DUROMINE!

Kyles, Smashed1 and mummajessjess like this.
  7. klimeiki

klimeiki New Member
    Registered

Looking at your pic you do not look overweight but know you are not allowed
    I am day 2 of Duromine - lost 2.2 sure its only water but what the hell - its 2.2kg less

trying to stay motivated ... started exercising Tuesday and cook healthy meals - cut out all carbs...will see how long that holds - love my niknacks and toast with peanut butter !

mummajessjess likes this.
  8. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Hi, yeah I know. My head & face look normal. But the rest of the body is big. I look weirded lol but u know when u r 23 ... I'm doing my hair, nails, make up. Im dressing sexy. I have 2 buy clothes from USA try and find anything nice in Oz. size 22 impossible. + it's cheaper in US.
    One week I only lost 1.9 kg at first I was upset but then I had a thought hey it's 1.9 kg in - not +! so thought exactly like you. 2.2 is awesome. Easier for ur legs! I love that u cook. I just defrost broccoli. Can't be bothered cooking.
    Good luck with everything! I hope exercising goes well! Keep us posted :)

9. elisas

elisas New Member
    Registered

Hi is there any chance you can tell me who and where your dr is. I have been on Duromine before (lsat time a few years ago) and then I managed to lose weight myself with a lot of walking - however my weight has crept up again and my sisters wedding is in just over a month and now I am desperate to get at least a 2 months supply!

10. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Hey guys! Long time no see :) I completely forgot about my update. This time I put all the numbers in*
    Height: 168 cm ( 5 feet 6 inches)*
    Starting weight: 150 kg ( 330 lbs) or ( 23 st) *in August.*
    Current weight: 117 kg ( 257 lbs) or ( 18 st) *20 October *
    Lost weight: 33 kg ( 72 lbs) or ( 5 st)*
    Goal weight: 69 kg ( 152 lbs) or ( 10 st)*
    I do apologize if my numbers in pounds and stones are wrong lol so here we are under 120 kg woohoo! I'm very happy. The only thing that annoys me. No one who knows me sees it. Only I do. By my clothes. All my clothes is way too big. Every day I'm waiting for those magical words: did you lose some weight? LOL YES! * *Yes, I did. I'm already off duromine for over 3 weeks. All good. I actually eat less now. I know that I have to eat more for my daily kj intake BUT I want to lose 2 kg a week. So I eat 570 kj for now.*
    I would love to give you my doc's number but she won't prescribe it to you because you have to go to the same GP at least for 6 months. Do blood test and all that. That is what she told me. Oh, and your BMI must be over 40. Mine was 53.1 I think now it's 41.5. Almost down to obese category lol*
    So for everyone out there. Don't give up! You can do it. It is hard but results are worth it.*
    PS I love duromine!*

shellyisme likes this.
  11. MelbChick

MelbChick New Member
    Registered

Congrats on your weight loss. I'm on my first week of 15mg of duromine.
    I notice you said no one has comment to you about your weight loss, I'm the same I've only lost 20 kg but my family have notice and I think others don't want to offend me so instead of asking if I've lost weight they basically ask if I've had a boob job lol.. Once again congrat on your efforts : D

12. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Thanks babe :) 114 kg now. Maybe I will go down to double by Xmas. Didn't think I could make it. AND WOW 20 kg! it is unbelievable isn't it? It is so hard to be on a diet with ppl around haha everyone is trying to feed me lol
    How are going with duromine? I hope all good :)

13. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Your story is so inspiring, was great reading it!

I have just started on duromine (generic brand metamine) two days ago. I've been experiencing head aches, feeling really thirsty and a dry throat. I had to force myself to eat three small meals today, and the thought of fast food disgusted me. I currently weigh 132KGS and my height is 170cm. Feeling super motivated after reading your thread!

14. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Hi, Sierra :) I'm so happy that my story inspired you. It is hard when you are starting. Dry mouth is a B**** lol didn't have any head aches though. You mite feel thirsty because of a dry mouth. But also don't forget that an adult should drink atleast 2 L of water a day. When I had a dry mouth I just sucked on ice because didn't want to drink a lot of water (in one go) and streatch my stomach further.
    132 kg is nothing. You'll be down to a 100 faster than me ;) the first 10 k or so just melt away. Oh.. Don't forget to drink vitamins! I found this cool website it tells you how many calories a day you should eat to lose a sertain ammount of weight. How Many Calories Do I Require To Lose Weight? Good luck with your journey. Keep me posted
    P.S. don't you just love Duromine?!? :p

15. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Thank you so much for replying :)

I'm on day three now and my side affects are continuing. I'm fighting an ice coffee addiction lol I used to live on it and I hadn't had it for four days now and I'm really not craving anything which is great. How is your weight loss going now? I've posted a thread in my experience with duromine called 'first month of duromine' I'm posting daily updates.
    Kind of bummed I bought scales today and they say I'm 137.6kgs not sure if they're accurate but I'm going with it, all the more motivation!

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) I can't say i love duromine yet but I'll let you know when I do!

Sierra.

16. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Ok tips... count your calories intake. That's it. Try and eat under 1500 cal a day in the begining. Then lower it a little. I wrote down a website last time. It will tell you exact amount of calories you should eat. And also I don't eat after 6 pm at all. if you have high blood presure cuting on food mite effect it ( head aches) so cut out coffee and solt. Green tea is really good for HBP. If you don't feel like making it then just buy Lipton ice tea they have green tea and mango. Maybe that will help a little :)

17. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Just openned a twitter acount @cass__EY . Gonna post weight, food and other bunch of updates there :)

18. SallyCooper

SallyCooper New Member
    Registered

hi there
    I think you are doing an amazing job, have you been taking photos along the way? do you have a facbook page? maybe you could add them if you have them to here and im sure we will see the difference, the people that you see everyday wont really notice your weight loss as they see you so often, go try and visit someone who hasnt seen you for a few months, im sure they will be amazed
    ps i love duromine too :)

19. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

Re: I love duromine!F

thanks :) don't hv a FB but you can check out sum pic on twitter. I'm gonna post old pic and new pic. @cassy__EY (double underscore)
    Say hi :)

20. Syd_babe

Syd_babe New Member
    Registered

@cass__EY

lol misspelled