How Often Do You Weigh In?

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by ADSL, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ADSL

ADSL New Member
    Registered

I'm tempted to weigh myself every day but I think I'll limit myself to once-a week.

what do you do?

2. ann

ann New Member
    Registered

Hello!
    For the first 2weeks I weighted myself 3 times a day, lol. I wanted to see how my body respond to each meal. I work from home and that's why I could easily do it.
    Now I weight myself once daily and first thing in the morning. During first 2 wks I was really surprised and confused how my weight was changing by going down and up. I was about to buy a new weight scale to make sure it works correctly but before that I stopped weighting myself more than once a day .
    Cheers

3. ADSL

ADSL New Member
    Registered

So once a day is fine?

4. lesleyvg

lesleyvg New Member
    Registered

Hey,

I also weigh every day (first thing in the morning) but it is a very bad habit as your weight can fluctuate and vary so much from day to day. I think the healthiest way is to weigh weekly and then you'll be able to accurately determine if your efforts towards weight loss have been worth it. I only use my Monday weigh-in number and track my weight loss on a chart to keep me motivated

5. JustJessie

JustJessie New Member
    Registered

I weigh myself everyday,

My doctor told me not to, but I am genuinely interested in knowing if what exercises im doing are impacting my weightloss.
    I normally weigh myself after exercising and then first thing in the morning....Its amazing how much you can lose over night

6. stevejones

stevejones New Member
    Registered

Jessie....I do exactly the same thing...in hope some kilos have dropped over night.

I get a little despondent when I see that it is the same or slightly increases.....then later in the day drops.

7. Emma

Emma New Member
    Registered

Hi
    On week four first two and a half weeks on 15gm and now on 30gm I lost 2 kilos in 2 weeks then put on 1 kilo was impressed to have lost 4 kilos end of week 3 and now have put on 2 kilos ??? Feeling depressed about this is this normal as i have been not eating much at all !!! Low fat cereals and Low fat milk during the day about three times and normal dinner every 3 days. Confused.

8. stevejones

stevejones New Member
    Registered

Emma....you may have put on some muscle which would increase your body weight.

This is normal when you increase your exercise regimen.