How much exercise are you doing?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by KaylaLouise, Aug 12, 2014.

1. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

A lot of people on the forum loose impressive amounts a week or in the total time they are taking duromine and I wonder what exercise are they (you) doing?

What works for you best?

Or are you not exercising and still losing?

:)

Melmo and Leigh'sgottalottolose like this.
  2. Miss T

Miss T Member
    Registered

I have a stationary bicycle, and cycle 5 days of the week for about 30 min in the eve. going to start pushing for 45 min a day as my weight has hit a plateau.

Melmo likes this.
  3. KaylaLouise

Registered

Thanks Miss T. Have you done that since day 1?

I have a stationery bike at home and just bought myself an ipod shuffle so that I can ride for 30 minutes a day listening to music.

Melmo likes this.
  4. Miss T

Miss T Member
    Registered

no, not from day 1. only started just over a week ago. I was too nervous to start in first week as i didnt know what to expect with taking D.

Melmo likes this.
  5. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am not good when it comes to exercise, used to HATE it! When I started on Duromine if wanted to believe it is a miracle drug that will help me loose weight if I just stick to the right diet. During the first 2 months I lost 6kg, and was not happy with that at all.
    I had to FORCE myself to start doing exercise. I knew from the beginning I should do it, but still hoped I would get sway without having to. I asked my husband to join me, that way I have no excuse and he makes sure I do not skip a day.
    The first week was HARD - when I got up in the morning I dreaded the exercise, but after the first 4 days I started feeling good. Now I feel great!
    What they say is true, if you exercise you have more energy during the day and also sleep like a baby. Never believed it until I tried it.
    I now lose about 2 kg per week.
    try to find something that works for you. Just give it a week - the first week is always the hardest, and I promise it will get better, then easier, and eventually nice!:D

Melmo and KaylaLouise like this.
  6. Miss T

Miss T Member
    Registered

Thanks Audrey, that gives me hope.
    I have never been one for exercise either, but am pushing myself now. I would love a 2kg / week loss.
    Well done on your success

Melmo likes this.
  7. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

I never believed it myself, but I promise you, after the first week you would not want to stop. GOOD LUCK, YOU CAN DO IT!!

Melmo likes this.
  8. Liabet

Liabet New Member
    Registered

I go to the gym 4-6 x per week. I do a circuit class on Monday, rpm tues, & fri & Grit strength & body combat on a weds. Every other sat I do rpm.
    I had to drop my pt sessions as it was getting too expensive. I find I can get way more hungry when exercising but still having some crbs (usually a banana or grain toast or porridge) helps. I have also recently added yogurt to my diet.

Melmo and Leigh'sgottalottolose like this.
  9. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Leigh'sgottalottolose Well-Known Member
    Registered

wow Liabet, that sure is full on girl !! .. IF YOU COPING with all of that and not feeling pressured, keep going !!!! that is fantastic, I only do 1 hour a day 5x a week , 45 min Treadmill,hills , and 5 min Rowing on the highest level ,and 5 min pilates, core, and 5 min of squats and lunges.. I CHANGE IT UP every third day, so not to get bored, and so that my body will not get used to the same thing . So far this is working for me, and targeting all my fat areas, and toning my body as well, Friday is my body measuring day, so it will b interesting to see how much muscle I have gained and fat I have lost , Since changing my exercise , to shorter.. segmented ... multiple exercise, compared to Treadmill training one day, palates the next and rowing and lunges, squats on a separate day too..at 45 min each, it did not seem to do anything for my body, but the new short bursts of intense multiple exercises seem to have shaken my metabolism and is showing results so far .. Hoping I have now found my work out routine to balance my eating plan .. keep doing what you doing, may you lose loads of weight here on, and your carbs are good carbs, and yogurt is good for the tummy too, as well as calcium, so you doing it all right girl!! well done to you !!..

Melmo likes this.
  10. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Leigh'sgottalottolose Well-Known Member
    Registered

Kaylouise, I lost 1.7 kg the first week, no exercise, only because I was scared I would gain weight or plateau in the first week, as that is the usual pattern of my life ,execrcing and eating right , so it helped me to keep going then the second week I added exercise in only 20-30 min, for the 3x a week, still lsot the next week, 1.2.. but then the following week the dreaded plateau arrived, and I was not eating all my calories due to the D working so well and not feeling hungry , and skipping brekkie,and I learnt over the last two weeks that it is not my exercise that is hindering me only but my to little calories intake too, so it was about me getting my balance ratio of food intake and exercise output right ,it is the end of week 6 for me tomorrow and so far so good ,I have found what is working for me so far, and will continue till I hit a plateau, or feel fitter to add more to by routine like weight training, and swimming in summer, but for now, I am a firm believer in doing exercise and weight management, as the body tones better this way, as you lose weight , and one feels, sleeps and thinks better too .. Some people do not need both, or cannot do both for personal reasons but if one can I HIGHLY recommend it ,, each one of us is unique, and the more i read on this site the more I can see how each person needs to find their own thing that works for them, even though we on the same weightloss journey , and path , it does not matter HOW we get to the goal{finish line } but that we CONTINUE to achieve it at the end ..GO .. GO ..GOAL .. see you all at the finish line !!....

Melmo likes this.
  11. Liabet

Liabet New Member
    Registered

Thanks Leigh. I think I am not eating enough though, as I haven't lost any weight since week 1 3.5kgs. I'm now on week 6 & on 40mg now. I really need to focus on eating enough as even my measurements are not changing.
    So I've got my exercise sorted, now for my food. Well done on working out what's working for you. I change up my group classes but have to stick to the classes I can get to really. I struggle to remember to eat when I'm not etimg so hungry, do will make up some snack food to see If that helps. Keep us posted on your journey.

Leigh'sgottalottolose and Melmo like this.
  12. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi, Im doing 40 mins a day on a stationary bike as well as some stretching. this is my second day on duramine, before I started I could do 20mins and felt tired but I think the tablet gives me extra energy to do more. I am keen to find some low impact strength training to add in too :)

13. KaylaLouise

Registered

I've been very lethargic lately, perhaps it's just my body adapting to not eating high sugar or fat food.

My boyfriend is being really supportive even though I'm starting to get a little irritable, so he's suggested that tonight we go play squash. I'm looking forward to doing something fun but also knowing it counts as exercise. I think he'll have me running ragged

14. ChelseaPearshape

ChelseaPearshape New Member
    Registered

I have lost 8-10kg since mid June, and I don't have time for exersize, because I simply don't have time for it. I have 3 kids, I work Monday-Friday, and don't have a domestic. I walk about 3000 steps per day on average (walking at work) - and then the running after kids, cleaning, doing washing etc is what I do to burn energy!

15. ChelseaPearshape

Registered

Hi Kayla, have a look at this article, regarding low carb... (while still comsuming the correct fat). Interesting read.

16. KaylaLouise

Registered

If you haven't read my thread a little bit about me, I successfully lost around 20kgs a few years back, and after plateuing around the 8 - 10 kgs mark that's what I did ate clean but a high protein low carb diet. I have always tried to go back to it as I know it worked for me but lacked the discipline to do so. But I really should give it another crack that I'm on duromine and have a clear head space to make decisions and not be fuelled by my cravings. I shall give it a read though I played squash yesterday for an hr and really enjoyed myself, I was puffing and going really read but had fun. Feeling in a much better head space today!!

Leigh'sgottalottolose likes this.
  17. KaylaLouise

Registered

I can't see the article :(

Melmo likes this.
  18. ChelseaPearshape

Registered

Oh dear, I'm going to insert a few spaces here and there (just delete them so that there are no spaces)...
    I'm wondering if it is the way I pasted it, or if perhaps the Admin removed it, if we are not allowed to paste links into the comments. Hope I'm not doing something wrong/getting us into trouble...
    or you can google:
    Novel Dietary Ideas Runnersworld - and you should be able to find the page then. (a South African page)

#18 ChelseaPearshape, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2017
    Seva, Melmo and KaylaLouise like this.
  19. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

No, ChelseaPearshape, you are not doing anything wrong :p You are free to share interesting articles and links if it may help to other users. ;)

20. Liabet

Liabet New Member
    Registered

That's a really good article Chelsea, thanks.

ChelseaPearshape likes this.