How many kjs are people eating to get their losses?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Melmo, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi I am curious as to how many calories/kJ people are consuming on average? I joined the Duromine livelite webpage and they start at 1500cals. I told my dr I would be doing a 1200cal plan off myfitnesspal, and log everything. What was successful for you? TIA

Kyles likes this.
  2. Kyles

Kyles Member
    Registered

I consume between 1200-1500, and one day a week I treat myself to chocolate!! Used to eat the whole block (large) no problems, since taking duromine , which has only been 4 wks now, I am down to just a couple of rows or 6 pieces, and totally does me, don't even really think about it at all now, don't crave it like I used too, and believe when my nxt chocolate day is due ,I may skip it altogether :)
    I do exercise no less than 5 times a wk, 4 weight sessions and 5 cardio...
    Good luck to you on your journey :)

Melmo likes this.
  3. ChelseaPearshape

ChelseaPearshape New Member
    Registered

I count carbs, and try to eat less than 50g carbs per day. If you start reading the nutritional info labels, it may seem impossible, but it really can be done. It just takes doing a bit of research, and the results are great!
    I log what I eat on a food tracking app, and that way I can see how my food choises impacted on my carb consumption for the day. And on days when I do really well (eating much less than 50g carbs), I allow myself a treat, like a biscuit or a liquorice sweet!

Melmo likes this.
  4. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Thanks for that. I am going to aim for 1200-1500 as well :)

Kyles likes this.
  5. Audra Blue

Audra Blue New Member
    Registered

I just Googled how many I should be eating. I put in my measurements and weight, age and gender and it gave me how many I should eat to lose weight, maintain my weight or starve myself. For my stats I'm on 2,030 cals per day but I'm naturally eating around only half that. I also keep track of any surplus calories I have that I haven't used up. I figure if one day I get really hungry or I'm out somewhere and can't eat as well as I should, I have a bit of a buffer so I don't fall off the wagon. I started a food diary too including a comments section for how I'm feeling and coping and any issues or side effects I'm having. It will give me a good idea of where I'm at and if the doctor needs to know my progress I have it all there in front of me.

I'm also trying to eat Paleo because I find it works best with my tummy and stops me from bloating. I'm going to the radiologist on Thursday to get an ultrasound of my lower abdomen because the doc thinks part of my rapid massive weight gain over the last 12 months could be hormone/ovaries related.