Hoping to get fit, healthy and happy about myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kristie1585, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Kristie1585

Kristie1585 New Member
    Registered

Hey Duro community! My name is Kristie and I am a 29 year old female who has let herself go. I've always been the voluptuous and curvaceous girl with big boobs and hourglass body with a little bulge of the tummy. I've never felt what skinny is like. I've always been in size 12-14 sized clothes and I'm currently streching into a size 16. I was at my lightest 58kg when I was 19, but for the last 5+ years have been around 70kg mark give or take 1-2kgs (with fluctuation). I am now at my heaviest, weighing at 83kg and being 165cm high, my BMI is 30 which is classed as obese. I got the shock of my life at the doctors last week when I found out how heavy I was as I have never own my own scales (always used friends ones or my family's). I also had a blood test and found our my cholesterol and triglycerides are very high, hence my doctor's reasons for prescribing duro.
    I think the reason I have piled on all this weight is because I have been battling general anxiety disorder and depression major the past 2 years from a series of horrible events. I am happier now, but I am still taking Ad's for my anxiety. I also study full time at uni studying bachelor of veterinary science, so its really full on and I don't get a lot of time to exercise properly or eat well. I am excited to start this weight loss journey, mainly for my health but mostly to restore my confidence and happy, bubbly self. I've never have wore a bikini before and I am aiming to fint into one after I have finished this course.
    My doctor has given me one month's worth with an evaluation before prescription of the other 2 months worth. I am wanting to lose 15-20kg with my goal weight being 65-60kg. Would love to be 55kg but I think this would be a bit too light for my frame. Hoping to meet like minded people and share our experiences and encouragement and support with each other as this task at hand is quite daunting. So sorry everyone that this is a essay, just needed to explain my situation. Thanks for reading! Xo

KylieF, mrsnidhi and Ba-ann like this.
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome, Kristie!
    It is great that you decided to drop your excess now, when you are still young and things are getting easier than when you get older. You just need to monitor your state carefully and make sure you choose the right low-calorie diet. Plus little workout would be lovely for your skin. Good luck dear!

Kristie1585 likes this.
  3. Kristie1585

Kristie1585 New Member
    Registered

Hi there Kate,
    Thank you for your lovely reply. I am currently using my fitness pal and eating a 1200 calorie diet. I am not going to eat anything that is processed and not good for me. This week I'm going to do light exercise such as a 30 min brisk walk or jog, until I know how my body will react to being on D. I will step my exercise regime up a notch in the weeks after this one n incorporate weight training too. I think I'll be having protein shakes for recovery after my workouts. I'm so excited I have started this journey and cannot wait for the results. :)

4. KylieF

KylieF New Member
    Registered

Hey Kristie, I am in the same boat as you.. only on day 2 of 30mg today.. I am at my heaviest now (88kg, 165cm) which is more than when I was 9 months pregnant with my little girl :(

Don't you think the myfitness pal app is great? I never knew just how much food I was actually consuming or how many cal's were in some of the stuff I was consuming. I am following a 1200 cal diet now to and drinking heaps of water.. haven't really had any side effects from the duromine thankfully..

Good luck on your journey!

Kristie1585 likes this.
  5. Kristie1585

Kristie1585 New Member
    Registered

Hi Kylie, thanks for your reply. I love my fitness pal in conjunction with D. I've been very consistent and managing to stick to my plan. So I'm happy about that. I don't have any scales in the house so I force myself to wait until the end of the month. I have been taking a weekly photo to document my weight loss. So far I'm not sure if I have, but I am noticing my face looks more defined and my clothes fit slightly better. I've been in D for 12 days now and I'm feeling great. Although I'm not at my goal weight yet, I certainly feel less bloated and indeed a little lighter. I have a lot more energy now (except for this last week as I have had my anatomy practical exams = stress!) And more motivated to get up and move. I wish you luck in you journey and would love to keep each other posted on our experiences on this journey as we have similar stats and would be good to see our progression and be able to dupport one another when times are tough, or just to offer a vit of encouragement for motivation. We can do it :)

6. KylieF

KylieF New Member
    Registered

Thanks Kristie.. I love the myfitness pal app.. Have been sticking to it pretty consistently over the last 7 days now and find I am not missing out on any foods just cutting down my portions by a lot lol.. I don't know how you could wait for a whole month! I was barely able to wait the week to do my first weigh in but I am glad I did.. scales are showing a loss of 3kg and tape measure is showing 4cm from my tummy and 5cm from my butt so to say I am happy this morning is an understatement.. I know first week is just water weight but hey any loss is a good one in my eyes. Great idea with the photo to be honest I can't even stand to be in front of a mirror let alone a camera!