Hiya Everyone! - love to have a Duromine buddy group

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MeeMee, Sep 11, 2017.

1. MeeMee

MeeMee New Member
    Registered

Hiya!
    Just some background info: I'm 18 years old and I live in Southeast Asia. I'm currently taking a gap year and I'll be heading off to uni in Feb next year and I really wanted to get to a healthy weight before then.
    My doctor suggested I take Duromine to kick start the weight loss process and I started exactly a week ago.
    Start weight: 106.8kg
    Current Weight: 103kg
    Mini goal (by December): be in the 70s
    Final goal: be in the 60s

Initially I started on 15mg but 4 days later my doctor suggested to increase the dosage to 30mg because I didn't have any side effects from the 15mg (not even the appetite suppression).

Food
    I've also been put on a super strict diet. No sugar and up until today, no carbs (except for oats for breakfast). The 'No sugar rule' means not only no processed sugar but also no honey, no maple syrup etc and even no fruit (crazy I know). I usually have 3 meals and a snack in the evening if I'm really hungry.

Exercise
    Due to the huge cut in diet, my doctor said to take it easy and not do anything for the first week (yay me). Today was my first day of exercise (and hence why I can start with some carbs). I did the 7 minute workout and a 15 min endurance workout from the Nike+ Training App. I intend to do the 7 min workout every morning and try go to the gym twice a week.

Effects of Duromine
    I used to take the pill at 9am when I woke up when I was on the 15mg. But when I did the same with the 30mg I found it really difficult to sleep that night. From then on, I woke up at around 6:45, take the pill and then go back to sleep until 9.
    Even on the 30mg I don't find myself forcing myself to eat. I get especially hungry around usual meal times. But I guess I am eating smaller portions and I've practically stopped snacking in between meals.

If you're still reading, thank you very much and send me a reply! Let me know about you and your experience! I'd love to have a Duromine buddy group!

That's it from me for now until next time!
    Adios ~ MeeMee

April likes this.
  2. MeeMee

MeeMee New Member
    Registered

Week 2 Day 2
    I had my first gym sessions in a really long time today. My trainer went through some cardio and ab exercises for an hour. Safe to say I'll probably struggle to get up in the morning.
    I had a terrible headache all evening today- I don't know whether it's because of Duromine or the gym session or that I'm getting my period soon. I just hope I don't wake up with it tomorrow morning.
    Lastly, does anyone know a good remedy for stretchmarks? I know you can't completely get rid of it but it would be nice if it was a little more invisible. I have them all over my stomach, sides and my upper arm - and I've have them for as long as I can remember.

Anyways, bye for now,
    MeeMee

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Oh, I just noticed your thread. So you’re already in the second week of Duromine. The headache… probably, all three factors that you named might be the cause of it. there is one thing you need to keep in mind – when you exercise, you should increase your water intake. So, you have already increased it when you started Duromine, yet workouts require proper hydration, so even more.

There are three main things you need to do to improve the situation with the stretch marks:
    1. Take vitamin A and E in 1-week courses
    2. Use natural abrasive means during shower, like adding grinded coffee to your shower gel and gently rubbing the area with the stretch marks
    3. Gently rub olive/coconut/rosehip/etc. oils or special creams into the same areas after shower.
    This is probably it. Oh, and of course, consistency!

Have a nice day and hope no headaches for you today.

MeeMee likes this.
  4. MeeMee

MeeMee New Member
    Registered

Week 2 Day 3
    Today was horrendous. Woke up with not only muscle pain everywhere (from yesterday's gyming) but also really painful period cramps. I normally get period cramps when on the first or second day but it's never been this painful- I wonder if this is because of the Duromine. I was also much more hungrier than usual today. I intended to go to the gym today as well but I ended up spending most of the day in bed clutching a hot water compress. Fingers crossed the cramps go away by tomorrow.
    Also, April, thanks for the info about the stretchmarks - will definitely try them!

Until tomorrow,
    MeeMee

April likes this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi MeeMee, how are feeling today? Sorry you felt so bad... Hope, it is better and you will be able to enjoy this day and follow your weight loss plan.

6. MeeMee

MeeMee New Member
    Registered

Oops I forgot to log the last 2 days.
    Week 2 Day 4
    Woke up with no cramps at all - which was amazing. So I went to the gym and did an hour session. Nothing else new.

Week 2 Day 5
    I was much less hungry than usual on this day (in fact I skipped out on breakfast). However at night I had a feeling of constipation. I'm planning on sleeping on it and seeing if it gets worse before going to the doctors.

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi MeeMee! Thank a lot for updating! How do you feel today? There are a couple of ways to address the bowels issue (it’s one of the frequent side effects of Duromine):
    1. Drink more water
    2. Consume prunes or prune juice
    3. Have a couple of kiwis during the day
    4. Take laxative (inform the pharmacist about Duromine)
    Hope all is well and wish you a great new week!

8. MeeMee

MeeMee New Member
    Registered

Week 3 Day 1
    Hiya!
    I know initially I started writing on this thread daily but I think I might make it weekly or maybe every other day.

Weekly Weight Update!
    CW: 100.8
    Week Loss: 2.2kg
    Total Loss: 6kg (3.8+2.2)
    I had hoped to be in the 90s by now but I guess today is not the day (it's coming up soon though!).

I'm afraid the following paragraph might be tmi for most people so if you don't want to read about bowel movement and other butt stuff please skip this paragraph. So for the last couple of days I've been feeling slightly constipated and I've had pain whilst...um... "passing motion". I went to the gp about it today and turns out I have a small external hemorrhoid (aka piles). I've been given medication for it. However I'm waiting for my endocrinologist (who prescribed the Duromine to me) to get back to me on whether I can take both medication together. If not, I'd have to go off Duromine for a couple of days. :(

I've also been worried about my exercise - I'm not sure if I'm doing enough. I'm going to the gym twice a week for an hour with a trainer and I do one cycle of the 7 min workout first thing every morning. I also try to do some 15-30 min workout (ranging from endurance to cardio to yoga) from the Nike+ Training app on the days I don't go to the gym (except on my rest days; Sundays). I'm unsure whether this is the right exercise regiment for the best Duromine effectiveness (I hope this makes sense to you).

Anyways sorry for the looong post.
    Until next time,
    MeeMee

9. nobodybutme

nobodybutme New Member
    Registered

I think the important part is to to try and do what you are able to maintain in the future. I have been on duromine before and lost heaps of weight due to not eating because of not being hungry. But now I'm trying to force myself to eat a certain amount of calories to support the amount of exercise I do. I do a lot of exercise but my eating was out of control.

I think it's important to do exercise you'll be able to sustain and commit to longterm if that makes sense.

10. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi MeeMee. Congratulations with such an amazing week loss! You are extremely close to double digits on scales. The main thing is to not relax and keep pushing! =)

I am so sorry about your “inconvenience”. Hope the treatment helps and you start feeling better in no time!

The exercises seem quite right! You alternate the loads and types of exercises, have a day of rest, so it sounds really nice. The main thing is to provide your body with adequate nutrition on days when you exercise more intensively. And I agree with Nobodybutme – the amount of exercises should be the one that you can keep up when getting off Duromine. However, you can concentrate on toning and building your muscles, which will help you burn more calories, and in the future do exercises that will help you maintain and improve the muscle mass you manage to build during this weight loss course. Best of luck and looking forward to your future update!

11. MeeMee

MeeMee New Member
    Registered

Thank you, April and nobodybutme. I'll definitely take your advice into consideration.

April, you mentioned that the main thing is providing my body with adequate nutrition - I don't think I am achieving this. My daily calorie intake is usually around 700 which, after reading many articles online, is quite worrying. I know I need to eat more but I don't find myself hungry that often (I usually eat 3 meals a day). I am also worried that if I eat more, my weightloss is going to slow down.
    I don't really know what to do at this point. I think I might consider having 5 small meals a day and ensuring I eat them at specific times (currently I'm only eating when I'm hungry). I don't know.