Hiya all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kookie, Jul 28, 2014.

1. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Hey there.
    Im kookie and have started on duromine 6 days ago and have lost 2kg.
    I dont have much support from my friends or family with being on duromine so I am hoping to get support else where.
    I am 25yrs old, married with 2 children. I suffer from depression and anxiety wich makes normal methods of weight loss difficult.
    I am hoping that duromine will be the kick start to a healthier me.

2. Beautiful B

Beautiful B Active Member
    Registered

Hi Kookie, Welcome to the forum. Oh, and congrats to your 2kg loss. Well done!!:)This forum will really give you all the support that you'll need on your weight loss journey. It certainly has for me. I started duromine on 3 July 2014 and my eating habits has changed drastically to eating healthier. Well, basically my whole lifestyle has changed positively, and I feel so amazing, happy, motivated. Its really a mind over matter thing when it comes to food, remember all of us on this forum knows how you feel and we are here for each other. So if you ever just wanna chat about anything, send me a message....:)

kookie likes this.
  3. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Thank you so much. I look forward to having the support there when I need it. I am hoping to loose a total of 30kg to get down to around 85/90kg mark. Thats where I was before having my beautiful girls. I want go be fit and healthy so they will see the importance of looking after yourself.
    I hope to make some supportive friends here and hope they will last.

4. Kyles

Kyles Member
    Registered

Good luck kookie,
    Look forward to reading your posts on progress.

kookie likes this.
  5. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Thank you kyles. I hope I can post good news hahaha,

6. Beautiful B

Registered

You welcome. You will lose the weight. Just be patient and cut out junk food, fried foods, luxuries and soda's and go for a brisk walk if you dont feel like exercising. Like I said I started on the 3 July @ 95kg and on the 24 July I weighed 88kg.... so proud of losing 7kg in my first 3 weeks. I didnt think I could do it.... and Im so motivated to lose more weight because now I know that I can. I like the fact that you wanna show your kids the importance of a healthy lifestyle. One day at a time.......

kookie likes this.
  7. Chrissie70

Chrissie70 New Member
    Registered

Good luck Kookie! You can do it, I wish losing it was as easy as it was to put on :)

kookie likes this.
  8. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

I agree I think we would all be alot happier in life if it was.

9. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Wow 7kgs is amazing. I love walking but unfortunately I have injured my ankle quite badly a few months ago and it has not healed as well as expected so now a short 20 min walk can end in alot of pain :-( I try to use house work for exercise but its not enough.

10. Beautiful B

Registered

Yes 7kg. I cant believe it myself.... sorry to hear about your injury, but like I said, just be careful of what you eat... Now that I'm eating so healthy, I cant believe the things I use to put into my body by eating all that fast foods etc.... My mom says I'm becoming a health freak because I really take note of what I eat nowadays like by checking every product's label for the nutritional information.... Eating unhealthy is just a terrible habit that we need to get rid of.... I remember when I was a child, eating take aways or eating out use to be a treat... nowadays its the norm... Its not suppose to be this way.... My son is 10 years old and to him eating out is no longer a treat, because it's what his use to and its my fault..... Cant believe how food use to be my life.... MY GOODNESS!!!!:(

11. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

My problem was mainly not eating. Id skip breakfust and lunch and eat a huge dinner then some chocolate. Then dont eat for another 24hrs. It was a nast thing to do togmy body I see that now but it was just how survived as a teen so it became the norm as I became an adult.

12. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

So week 2 day 3. Have lost aprox 3kg an 5cm from waist. Really happy with the results so far and cant wait to loose more ^.^

Beautiful B likes this.
  13. Kyles

Kyles Member
    Registered

That's great kookie!!!
    My nxt weigh in is Monday morning, hopefully I can post good news like you xx

14. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Hey Kyles I havent picked a specific day to weigh in. I only do it when I remember to hahaha but my scales here at home are evil and seem to lie to me a lot. Im hoping to go to my docs again soon so I can use his scales wich are correct then I will be able to know how much I have really lost.

15. Kyles

Kyles Member
    Registered

Yea that's a good idea,
    Today I had a bit of a naughty day, it's weird I am so not hungry till about 2 pm, then I have lunch but just pick at it,don't eat it all, but as soon as I see cake or chocolate even tho I don't bloody want it, I eat it, then feel gross...oh well will just hit the gym super hard tomorrow :)

16. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Well I have lost the 3kg with little change to my diet. As I didnt have an appetite to suppress its more of a speed up for my metabolism. But ive actually found my self feeling hungry on the duromine

17. tarme

tarme Active Member
    Registered

Good luck

kookie likes this.
  18. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Thanks heaps Tarme. Good luck to you aswell.

tarme likes this.
  19. Donna Frame

Donna Frame New Member
    Registered

I've just finished day 3 on 30mg, still waiting to feel some sort of effect, so far I'm still hungry, haven't had a burst of energy or any other side effects. I wonder when it will kick in?

20. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

I haven't really had noticeable burst of energy either the only real difference I have noticed is im not as sleepy during the day. As I am the driver of two familys so I do quite alot during the day.