Hi :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lovecat, Apr 6, 2014.

1. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hello everyone. I have been reading here for afew weeks but have finnally decided to join. i have been on duromine 15mg for 16 days now. i'm at abit of a disadvantage because i dont own scales, so i have no idea how well it's working. I have to wait about a week and a half til i see my dr again. my starting weight is 62.2kg. That might not seem like much, but i'm short.
    I'm 39, and i guess my story is different somewhat. my diet is fine and i workout 5 days a week, have been for years, but my weight just ballooned out for no reason. I tried everything, was tested for everything, and it all comes down to the likelihood that i may be going through early menopause.
    My dr suggested duromine to help lose the weight and increase my metabolism. I know that if they work, it will be hard work to keep the weight off but i'm willing to try it. wish me luck!!

#1 lovecat, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

You can do it lovecat. Maybe you should take your measurements or pick something that's too tight and try it on once a week. That will give you some indication that you're losing.

3. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Thanks Scribbles, i had the same thought too. I'm using a pair of my jeans that are too tight as a guide. I don't want to try them on weekly because i want to stay motivated, so i'm going to wait til the day of my next appointment with my dr which will be my 26th day on duromine.

Kate likes this.
  4. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I do weigh but I picked a shirt and pair of long shorts as my first goal clothes. In the beginning I could barely get them up let alone zip them. Now I can get them up if I do a bit of a Houdini and can actually pull them together. But I think I'll need another 3 kg gone before I try again. But I can see progress. I don't measure. I like the clothes idea better myself. It takes so darn much of the tape measure to get around lol.

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Lovecat! That's a great idea. Plus you will not lose motivation this way, because many people start weigh in themselves almost every day and of course, they expect more than they see on scales. Stay strong and good luck!

6. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Thankyou both, i really appreciate it, it means alot. I'll let you know how it goes.