Hi !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dani7, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Dani7

Dani7 New Member
    Registered

Hi , I started my Journey with Duramine this morning . I am 90.5kg this morning. I have always struggled with my weight . I have Underactive Thyroid that certainly doesnt help but i am also a stress eater ! I have 4 kids , one of my children has medical and Intellectual disabilities and takes up loads of my time at appointments etc so I usually have to grab something to eat as i run out the door and its usually its the quickest thing like a mueslie bar or similar. Mid January I was in the right head space to lose weight and gain my health back . I began a green smoothie once a day, low carb , high protein approach. I was so strict with heaps of walking and no crap food. I hardly lost anything and plataued most of the time. My dr rechecked my thyroid but i am within normal range. I asked about Duromine and she said to give it a try :) so here i am !!
    I am so keen ! I turn 40 at the end of June and i desperately wanted my health/weight back on track before then. I also think to the future sometimes. I need my health and weight in check so i can help my kids especially my special needs girl and i need to do it for ME !

2. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Hi Dani. I'm Sharon. I've been on Duromine 2 weeks. Long story shortened is I was getting lots of headaches and gave it away for a few months and started again a couple of weeks ago and this time no side effects. I'm 90.8 kg down from starting at nearly 95 kg. Our daughter walks the aisle for the second time in September and I'd love to be somewhere in the mid-70s by then. Not putting pressure on myself to be super skinny by then (dreaming of 67 kg though if I was honest!) Even if not at goal but thin enough to look nice and feel self-confident instead of looking like a watermelon lol and wishing I wasn't so fat.

3. Dani7

Dani7 New Member
    Registered

Hi Sharon , did you lose 5kg in a couple of weeks ?! thats fantastic ! Its great you have a goal ! I am going on holiday in 4 1/2 weeks . It is going to be really warm there so i am hoping to feel at least a bit better about wearing bathers by then ! I have plataued for so long any loss is going to pick up my self esteem again ! I would love to be 70 kg :) :)

4. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Yes I did. Others lose more. My Doctor, who suggested them to me said she had a lady lose 15 kg in 4 months. Well wouldn't I like to do that lol. I don't want to put pressure on myself and expect to lose 4-5 kg a month. But I wish it would be somewhere around 800 gm to a kilo. I lost 900 last week. And that is eating around 1400-1500 cals and 4 walks. Was also spring cleaning and getting up and down on a ladder and cleaning walls. Some people kind of lose their appetite. Not me. But the pills sure help me to feel like I crave sugar less and I seem to have more will power on them. So that's a good thing. They say drinking water keeps the metabolism chugging along. And I nibble on carrots in between meals if I'm hungry. I don't get what I call hungry hungry. It's more missing that really full filling in your stomach like you get when you over-eat on a regular basis. I guess it takes time for the old stomach to get used to about 30% less volume in there! Where abouts are you located? I'm in north Queensland. And this sunshine state around here is absolutely pouring down with rain!

5. Dani7

Dani7 New Member
    Registered

Im in South Australia , holidays in 4 1/2 weeks in Qld ( Goldcoast and Noosa ) hope the rain stays away for that time ! Most side effects ease after a week i hear ? is that right ?

6. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

That's what a number of people say. Mine didn't. Just went on and on. Don't know why this time I'm fine. Maybe it was just a coincidence at the time and it wasn't the pills at all. Do you feel any different? That's where our daughter is getting married...the Gold Coast. You'll enjoy it. And Noosa. Hope you don't get run off! You know what they say about Queenslanders not liking other States coming onto their turf ;):D:cool:

7. Dani7

Dani7 New Member
    Registered

i feel a bit floaty/dizzy is about all so far . Well you Queenslanders can be nice while we are there !! lol My daughter was granted a wish through Starlight Foundation and it was her wish to visit Movie world and meet her favourite character , swim with Dolphins at Sea World and meet the horses at Australian Outback Spectacular. She cant wait !!
    A friend of mine tried Duromine for a week and couldnt handle them , didnt feel in control of things and had heart palpatations so stopped. She was very disappointed . Maybe she would have more luck second time around too

8. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I had a few nights where I didn't go to bed till after mid-night but then I was fine. I get such a funny taste in my mouth. Sometimes it annoys me. When I'm not on the pills it isn't. My prescription is for Mon to Fri and not on the weekends. The only difference I find is the taste in the mouth goes by Saturday afternoon. And is back on Monday night.

9. Dani7

Dani7 New Member
    Registered

I haven't heard of having it only mon - Fri . Is there a reason for it ?

10. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I have no idea. Perhaps to give your body a break? Who knows.