Hi, I'm new! :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fibularr, Jan 28, 2013.

1. fibularr

fibularr New Member
    Registered

Hi i'm new! I am 20yo & I got prescribed 30mg & started yesterday (27th Jan). I am approx 66.5 kilos.

Today's my second day, i'm trying to eat as much as i can but still not having a healthy amount of calories because of nausea i'm experiencing as a side effect (among a few others), I'm hoping this will go away asap.. Has anyone else experienced this as a side effect?

My main concern is gaining all of the weight and more back when I stop taking it.

At the beginning of last year, i weighed approximately 75 kilos, after doing my HSC & first year of uni, and felt really crap about myself, so i set my mind to it and slowly lost around 9 kilos over the year. In November I lost my motivation and stopped going to the gym regularly and started eating a bit unhealthy again, and i only ended up gaining around a kilo at most. I'm hoping this is a good sign and i will hopefully rediscover my relatively healthy eating habits from last year and regular exercise and keep off any weight i lose on duromine :)

I'd really like to make some friends to share experiences with.

So yeah, has anyone experienced bad nausea on duromine 30mg? Did is start to go away after a while?

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Duromine rookie!
    My name is Kate and I'm glad you are here. We're all here to share experience and support each other.
    Still I'm a little bit surprised you're on Duromine with 66.5kg...I don't know your height though..
    But motivation is everything in this hard journey, trust me! Why you lost yours?

3. fibularr

fibularr New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate! Thanks for the warm welcome :)
    I'm 159cm, so I'm just in the overweight category.

I didn't really do any reading before I went to the doctor, so I'm now quite surprised that I got it too!
    The doctor seemed to think i was quite overweight with some of the comments he made.

I lost my motivation during exam time when I was at uni from around 8am till 10/11pm every day, i just sort of broke all my habits i guess, and I don't really have much support from anyone, so it doesn't help keep me motivated.

How long have you been on duromine for?

Congrats on losing 160lbs!! That is amazing!! :)