Hi, Im new!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kini, May 24, 2012.

1. Kini

Kini New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone :)
    I'm Kini, and Im on my 13th day of Duromine 15mg.
    My gyne prescribed me Duromine because I have PCOS which unfortunately causes weight gain especially around the stomach area, sigh! I exercise daily with running, light weight training and eat pretty healthily, no carbs or refined sugars.
    So far I have not noticed any weight loss, my clothes feel the same and I dont own a scale but Im staying possitive, I dont want to up my dose hopefully if I keep doing what Im doing I will see results :)
    My side effects are, dry mouth, nervousness, teeth grinding, luckily I dont experience insomnia, I take my pill at 5.30am.
    Im hoping to loose 10 - 15kgs
    Nice to meet everyone, so happy I found this site :)

2. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Hi Kini!

I also have PCOS and you are right its incredibly difficult to lose weight with it. I also carry most of my weight around my tummy and sadly its the hardest fat to get rid of...BUT we CAN do it. I'm now in my 3rd week and so far I have lost 1.5kgs every week so 3kgs in total for now. I had been hoping to lose more as i have about 20 that I want to lose but I've come to peace with the fact that this is not a quick fix.

Best of Luck, if you have a tape measure start taking your centimeters might give you a bit of motivation seeing as you dont own a scale, that will be a good way to monitor your progress.

3. Kini

Kini New Member
    Registered

Hi Kyra :)
    Nice to meet you. Yup its not a quick fix but can be done.
    Keep positive :)

4. fagmida

fagmida New Member
    Registered

Hi fellow capetonian its nice to see that there are more and more peeps from SA also using duromine. I am on day 25 and have lost 4kg only. Thought I would like lose 10kg per month, however I am still greatful to atleast see that there has been a change in my weight. I would like to increase my dosage from 15mg to 30mg however i need to first go get advice from my dr. All the best and yes I agree with David lets jeep each other motivated!!

5. Kini

Kini New Member
    Registered

Hey guys :)
    What exercise are you doing? I run 4ks 4 to 5 times a week and I work out with 1kg weights, I dont want Madonna arms :)
    My advice is to not eat carbs for supper, rather have your carbs for breakfast or lunch. The one horrible thing about cutting out carbs is the price, its much cheaper to eat carbs than protein, oh well.....
    Well done everyone, we can do this!!!