Hi i'm Kree and I finally plucked up the courage to get help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shrinking_Kree, Feb 5, 2012.

1. shrinking_Kree

shrinking_Kree New Member
    Registered

Well as the thread suggests I'm finally taking a stand against being big.

I have been a big lass since about 8. then when i had my 1st child at 18 it got outta control.

5yrs 9months ago i was 60 kgs, still curvy for my short height of 160cms but i was happy. 2 days ago i tipped the scales at 112kgs. I cried.... the tipping point for me was not being able to walk through town without the immature males of society calling out obscenities and expletives.

so i waddled into the doctors office and asked for help. its day 2 for me i've been started on 15mg capsules. I have nausea and and uncontrollable urge to consume vast amounts of food. but ive set a timer for 4.5 hrs between each meal. I have to beat this. it also makes me sleepy so i have to make an effort to just get up and do stuff.

this is the extreme attempt at losing the weight. I have tried almost everything you can think of and spent $1000's on all sorts of weightloss plans, supplements and diets. including Jenny Craig and Sureslim but with no results, in fact after spending $1200 on sureslim i gained 10kgs in 3 months... I seem to gain more weight the harder i try to lose it ( i do excercise and try to maintain an active lifestyle) also I'm pretty good with calorie intake and healthy foods its just my slow as heck metabolism and fat storing abilities that are keeping the scale up there.

so heres to hoping this can help me get to my goal weight :)

Stats.

Height: 160cm
    Highest weight: 123.4kgs.
    Ultimate goal weight: 60kgs
    Mid goal: 80kgs
    short term goal: 99kgs (i want double didgits)
    current weight: 112kgs

2. Laura Bear

Laura Bear New Member
    Registered

Go you, Kree!

I've been on Duromine for just over 7 weeks and have lost 17.3kgs.
    My mini goal before my wedding in March is 99kg (double digits too!)
    So I have about 10kg to go in under 5 weeks. I can DO this!

I've found that is site is a little slow on welcoming new people - so here is my welcome!

Keep up the good work and power to you for taking the control back!

3. shrinking_Kree

shrinking_Kree New Member
    Registered

Well here I am again and into month 3 of my journey

I have done a lot since i started and am only just over a kg from my 1st goal.

so i went from 112.8kgs to this mornings weigh in of 101.3kgs. I'm super excited to see this number as I havent been below triple digits in over 5 years now.

I thought I would have some problems at the 2 month mark as i sat at 104.6 for 3 weeks in a row so I took a deep breath and instead of eating everything in the pantry I cleaned the kitchen top to bottom and went to visit the GP who decided that i needed to be on a stronger dose. so i went up to the 30 mgs and luckily no strange side effects lol.

turns out I'm weird. I have reacted almost complete opposite to how i expected it to go i was almost terrified of paying the $91 for this months prescription in case it didn't work but so far so good. got another appt at beginning of next month with doc to discuss where to from here.

My mindset has completely changed over the last few weeks to let myself be a little more open to changes. I got told to throw out some things as i was adamant that I couldn't feel the weight being lost coz i could still wear the same clothes til it got pointed out that I dont fit them they just hang on me and make me look bigger as they are a poor fit.

thanks for the welcome Laura and I hope the wedding went well :)

4. Cori-Lee

Cori-Lee New Member
    Registered

Hi Kree and Laura...
    I'm new to this and have been reading everybody's stories on Duromine, I really glad I stumbled across this site after researching online, this morning I took my 1st tablet of 30mg, and so very keen to have a successful story like everyone else here.
    Congratz on your weight loss, and keep up the good work.
    I never really had set goals until before reading this but I now have had a think about it
    So here's mine:

Height: 171cm
    Weight: 113kgs
    Ultimate goal weight: 70kgs
    Mid goal: 80kgs
    Short term goal: 99kgs (i want double didgits) this is the same

113kg's is the heaviest I've ever been, so I'm determined to get under 100kgs hopefully in the next few weeks.