Hi from SE Melb :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Snick, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Snick

Snick New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,

I'm from Langwarrin in VIC, 26 years old and moved to Melbourne about 3 years ago from Adelaide. In that time, I gained a whole lot of weight from becoming a chef and changing my lifestyle completely - Working upwards of 60-80 hours a week and having no time for myself and my health. I have since left the industry and want to get a boost for getting myself healthy again.. I am needing to lose about 30-40kg.

Hoping to get the courage to approach my doctor soon about a prescription. Look forward to reading all your weight-loss stories :)

Snicks xo

Rosie C likes this.
  2. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

Hi, I didn't even know duromine existed , I just told my doctor I was having trouble with weight loss and he suggested it to me. I have about 25-30 kgs to lose. Don't be Afraid to ask, your doctor should be happy you want to get healthy. Good luck mate :)
    P.s. I'm on day 3 and feeling great.

3. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I also didn't ask my Doctor for Duromine either. She suggested it to me when I was talking about our daughter's wedding and wanting to lose weight for it. I was seeing her about something else and we were just chatting and before I knew it I had a script for 3 months supply!

4. Dani7

Dani7 New Member
    Registered

Hi welcome ! I am on day 4 . Like Tamara J said dont be afraid to ask your Dr about it. This medication helped me say no to chocolate last night and hot cross buns today. I just simply didnt care for it. Its quite unusual actually ! but im happy with that. My eating habits are changing already. I have about 20 kg to lose. All the best !

5. Snick

Snick New Member
    Registered

Thanks for your support! Saw a Dr today, had my blood pressure taken, weighed then was given a script.. Surprisingly easy, feeling a lot better now it's over and done with! Going to start tomorrow! I am so excited! <3

6. Tamaraj

Tamaraj Member
    Registered

Good on you! Keep us updated on how you go, did you get 15mg or 30mg?

7. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

That's great. Let us know how you go with them.

8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good luck then!;)

9. Teresa nutting

Teresa nutting New Member
    Registered

ok I need some help ...14mths ago I lost 28 kilos on duromine in 5 mths I've lost 33 kilos all up when I lived in tasmania ... I've since put on 4 kilos and wanting to lose that and another 5 kilos ... I'm 81kilos now and 5ft8 I've tried a couple drs here in Melbourne but they won't give me a script cause I'm not classed obese ....seems there is a lot of p on here getting scripts that only weigh 60 something kilos ... can anyone recommend a dr near the city or st kilda that I could try ... thanks in advance :)

10. Teresa nutting

Registered

o_Oand please excuse my typos damm iPhone !!!

11. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Who's only 60 something kilos...I mentioned my daughter was 63.5 kg but she's not on Duromine. She's just watching what she's eating and runs (lucky bugger).

12. Teresa nutting

Registered

no no sorry it's not on your thread it was on others sorry I should have made myself more clear :)

13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Teresa. I think you don't need the pills. Don't you feel confident enough to lose a couple of kilos on your own? Because who needs the side effects for such small amount of weight to lose. Don't forget - Duromine is prescribed for at least a month, but I think you can lose those 5kg in two weeks, so what's the point? Personally, I would have refuse some medicines I had to take because of my health issues, but I can't. Any medication isn't good for health in some point. You have the choice. Make yourself a good diet plan and exercises little more than you used to. That's it - your weight comes off. Cheers.

Teresa nutting likes this.
  14. Teresa nutting

Registered

Thanks for the reply kate ... It's 9 kilos I want to lose and I guess I don't have the confidence to do it on my own I need another good boost to help me kick start this ..... and I was lucky I only suffered from a dry mouth no other side effects :)

15. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

I actually thought that I'd made a boo boo and because I mentioned my daughter losing weight I was making people think she was also on the pills like I was. Sort of a family affair lol. All cleared up now :)

16. Snick

Snick New Member
    Registered

I got the 40mg, the grey/orange ones :)

17. KatieB

KatieB New Member
    Registered

Hi All, I would like to find a duromine friendly doctor in SE Melbourne - would you mind sharing your doctors details please. Thank you!

Rosie C likes this.
  18. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Hi Snick - Would you share (message me) the contact details for the doctor who gave you the prescription in Langwarrin? I've just been to my 3rd doctor unsuccessfully despite falling in to all the right categories/heart fine/bloods fine/bmi obese. Would love some help?:)

19. Kb123

Kb123 New Member
    Registered

Has anyone had any luck finding a doctor to prescribe on the Mornington peninsula? I haven't tried to yet but I know my usual doctor will deffs say no! Anyone had any luck?