Hi everybody!

Discussion in 'Men's Corner' started by BeachBum, Apr 23, 2013.

1. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Hi guys well this is my first day on Duromine so not much to tell have not had any side effects yet but early days.
    So a little about me I have battled to stay at my ideal weight 90kgs for 10+ years in fact hard to remember what it was to weigh 90. I left high school at 87 kgs and not an ounce of fat on me. Over the years it slowly crept and it seems ever since i hit 100kgs i have battled to get it back down. Over the years have tried optifast, Dietitians, Weight Watchers and Dukan all with varying success but never sustainable. Each time I not only gained it all back but added extra as well.
    So yesterday I weighed in after not checking my weight in a few months and I had hit 120kgs I was absolutely shocked and as you can imagine depressed. By morning tea though I had arranged an appointment to see my doctor and she suggested Duromine 30mg which i had never heard of before.
    I have been given enough for 2 months so my aim is to kick start my weight loss and hopefully turn my new healthy eating and exercise into a habit for life. I have always carried my weight well being a male at 180cms tall broad and muscular but this year i have really noticed how much it has affected me physically and now mentally. All my gain has mainly been around stomach and only a few tops now fit me and all jeans are worn with button undone and belt at maximum. I have never been more motivated in my life and with my first child due in October I really have a reason to succeed.
    I hope I have not bored you all I look forward to reading through the forums searching for advice and hopefully keeping you entertained on my journey

Cheers Scott

Now 120.2kgs
    Aim 90-95kgs

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

:DHello there! I'm Kate.
    Looks like we got a guy in our big 'girlish forum' here?
    Welcome and feel free to share us your experience! You'll do great, I'm sure. We can help, support you.
    Good luck!

3. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate thank you for the welcome have to say a little intimidating being in the minority as a male here.
    Just a quick update today once again not many side effects but I did have a shocking sleep but so did wife as being pregnant is causing some discomfort. So not sure if it was the Duromine or the wife repositioning every 5 minutes.
    I have felt bloated today not sure if others have had this happen and boy I have visited the toilet a lot...
    I am off to the dawn service in the morning so must go as I attempt to get a solid sleep fingers crossed..

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Anytime dear!;)