Hi all! New here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kerryn, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Kerryn

Kerryn New Member
    Registered

Hi all,

My name is Kerryn. I weigh 84 kgs and would like to weigh a bit over 60 kgs. My Dr prescribed me Duromine 40mg today.
    I'm pretty good at maintaining weight, but I suck at losing weight. Although 10 kilos has crept back on the last year. I have not been too well though. I had some rather painful issues with cysts on my ovaries, then I managed to get pneumonia after thinking I just had a cold and cough that wouldn't go away for a few months. After that I put my back out again (I have a disc bulge in my lower spine) So basically I've not been able to exercise much at all this year, and have only just recently just been getting back into it, although after so long off its been super hard to motivate myself to work out.
    I'm really hoping I don't suffer some of the horrible side effects, especially the insomnia. Although I think I might, especially given the high dose of Duromine I'm on. But I have never suffered side effects from any medication, so here's hoping its smooth sailing!

Edit: I should add that I'm starting it on Monday. I work shift work and I have a night shift tomorrow night, then back to day shifts Monday.

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome, Kerryn! ;)
    I hope you won't have side effects, because that's the first concern when you start with such high dose. But let's be optimistic. Good luck!

3. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Hi kerryn. Let us know how it works for you. I'm interested to see if it affects your sleep. Good luck and may big losses come your way xx

4. Kerryn

Kerryn New Member
    Registered

Took my first one today when I got up for work at 5.30 am. I ate a banana afterwards, then went to work. I was super productive at work, and buzzed around all day. I kind of felt a bit hungry, but had no desire to eat, which is very unlike me. I ate a few small snacks through the day. The only side effect I had was a bit of a dry mouth.
    I was super motivated to work out and did an hour of cardio at the gym and then took my husband for a 45 minute walk when I got home.
    I can kinda feel the Duromine wearing off, as my appetite is coming back, so I'm reasonably confident I'll sleep well.

5. Kerryn

Kerryn New Member
    Registered

I spoke too soon....

Night 1 got about 3 hours sleep total. Mainly dozing on and off, couldn't fall into a deep sleep. Night 2 a little more, dozed on and off til 3 am then I managed a good 3 hour sleep. Both nights I had one Restavit which normally makes me fall asleep. Hopefully it improves