Hi, a new looser here.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by redjellybean, Apr 30, 2012.

1. redjellybean

redjellybean New Member
    Registered

Just saying HI! I am new to this forum and I have just started taking Duromine 15mg today. I am wanting to loose 15kgs, my Dr has put me on Duromine 15mg for 1 month only to see how I go..
    I am a mum to 5 children and I want to get back to being healthy, happy in my own skin and to just feel great about my self.
    Looking forward to reading how everyone is doing and hopefully make some new friends :)

2. djembay

djembay New Member
    Registered

Hi red!
    Good on you for coming on here and making a start! I am also on 15mg too, day 12 for me on a one month trial from my doc..... so far have lost 3.7kgs so its working well and i am really happy!!
    I have always been up and down with my weight - but now getting older (31) and after the birth of my first child I am finding it not as easy to shift the weight like I used to. I weighed 82kgs when I got pregnant, blew out to 120kgs during pregnancy, got down to 85kgs on my own with weight watchers eating plan....and now need to budge about 15-20 kgs before i will be comfy in my own skin again.
    Good luck on your journey hun!

3. redjellybean

redjellybean New Member
    Registered

Hi djembay, great result for 12 days in. I am on day 3, not having any side effects yet, except for a bit of crankyness!! I was really looking forward to the dry mouth so I would HAVE to drink water, that is my one big downfall, I don't drink water :(
    I hope I get a good loss after 12 days like you have... I am using My fitness Pal as well, just to guide me into better, healthier eating..
    Good luck on your journey too. Are you posting weekly weight loss while you are on Duromine?

4. djembay

djembay New Member
    Registered

hi red, yep i was cranky about day 3 too - actually if you ask my partner i think i still am!! lol!
    thats really great you are trying to eat healthy as well...it ticks me off that ppl think you dont need to eat anything on D - of course you do or else your body goes into starvation mode and you will not lose fast amounts! i find the days i eat more sustaining food - are the days that i lose more weight come weigh in time the next morning. some days i have lost half a kilo!!!
    i dont get the dry mouth as much any more which like you - is a shame cos i really need that kick up the butt to drink more of it...i have found a really nice herbal green tea with vanilla which is awesome! (And i HATE herbal teas!!) so i try to have 4 or so of them a day - hot or cold - and it makes the water nicer to drink, plus has let me wean off the coffees!!
    yep i will continue to post weight updates on here...i know how much previous ppl's posts helped me in reading up on their stories - so hopefully i can do the same for someone else!
    :)

5. djembay

djembay New Member
    Registered

and PS - WOW 5 kids to run after - your weight should start dropping right off!! lol! :)

6. redjellybean

redjellybean New Member
    Registered

My weight has always "dropped" off me after I stop Breast Feeding my babies, so I have never REALLY struggled with my weight, But this time, after #5 and being *cough* 38 eeek! The weight is creeping on instead of dropping off, even now with 5 to run after lol!
    I weighed on the morning of day 2 and I had put on 1kg! then I weighed again this morning and I had lost 1.8kgs. I won't weigh again until friday, which is when I normally weigh in. [I am really hoping for a loss of 8kgs for the month] but any loss will still be nice. :)
    I'll be keeping an eye out for your updates on your progress.