Hey!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lottie86, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    120kg
    Current Weight:
    116.5kg
    Height:
    172cm
    Lost:
    3.5kg
    First week done and dusted with a loss of 3.5kg

Started off with 15mg. Start my 30mg tomorrow for three months. Happy to see the numbers go down, no idea what my goal is as of yet.

Side effects - just a dry mouth with energy (which I don’t mind at all:D).

First few days I wasn’t really hungry. The size of my meals have dropped and I’ve changed my diet. Started back at the gym yesterday so I’m happy about that. I work on my feet a lot so can clock up 6-10kms a day.

Getting married next year so would love to look good for that but mainly doing this for health and well being :)

2. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

That's super! I'm sure you'll look fantastic for your wedding regardless.

Regarding your goals, can I suggest mini goals? I think your ultimate goal should be what puts you in a "healthy" weight range according to BMI (no it's not always super accurate and it's just a guide but as guides go it's at least partially scientifically backed and therefore worthy of consideration). For you, your ultimate healthy weight range would be "54.7 - 73.7kg".

That can be daunting when you're just starting though, so some people use mini-goals! You can make them as small as 1kg or as much as 5 or 10kg as long as the time period is realistic. I've spent a lot of time doing these types of calculations (I can only believe in something if I can see the science behind it, I can't blindly hope for the best like some, knowing the numbers helps me keep focused and believe it's possible- numbers don't lie) so I always try to encourage others to do the same so they don't come back in a week and say "I only lost X! I'm so disappointed!" when X was actually a realistic goal to begin with for that time frame so they should be happy!

Some say setting goals is crucial to success. Up to you what you choose to do!

GL! (And I frickin' love your avatar :D)

April, Sherlock_76 and Lottie86 like this.
  3. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Thankyou so much!

Mini goal will be atleast a kg a week or that’s what I’ll be aiming for :)

4. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

Perfect! Are you keeping a food diary? You could easily make that goal if you stuck to about 1200 calories per day (you might even lose more in the beginning). Is that your plan already?

5. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Yes, I have a diary, started it before I found this forum. I write what I eat / drink and how I’m feeling that day. (If I didn’t I’d probably get paranoid about not doing enough)

Sherlock_76 likes this.
  6. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

Sounds like a plan destined for success!

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hey! =) Welcome to our wonderful online Duromine community! You seem to be a very positive person and I wish you to have the same happy and positive weight loss journey! Now that you know your small weight loss goals, you can also set other small goals that have to do with those little changes in your life, which will eventually help you reach a healthy weight and a fitter body. I am talking about something like “this week, I will make 5 push-ups every day”, “this week I will have a coffee scrub to improve my skin condition every day after shower”, etc. etc. Once the week is over and you’ve reached these goals, and they are already a habit, add other small things. It’s just a suggestion, but it works really well. When you incorporate short, yet important, tasks for yourself in your everyday life, it changes as if unnoticeably. High five for the food diary! Love people, who start their weight loss journey with this important step of self-control. Keep up the great work and congrats on your first motivating weight loss!