Hey there :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by much.too.rare, Nov 24, 2011.

1. much.too.rare

much.too.rare New Member
    Registered

Well, I don't really know what to say here. I wanted to join this site because i like the idea of being able to talk to people about this drug. I have been prescribed Duromine today as I am overweight and have an undiagnosed health problem (in the process of finding) which means I am in a lot of pain when I exercise. I recently lost a lot of weight, but once the pain started I put on weight.

I am 18, 171cm tall, and about 87kg's ... probably not the heaviest person to be prescribed Duromine, but as the weight has come on very fast I am getting overly depressed about it. I recently lost the weight by running and dieting, but with the pain I have felt lethargic and have lost all motivation.

So yes, I am Ashleigh - and I want to hear people's stories. I hope this works. I would like to lose a total of 10kg's all up. I am currently on 30mg dosage for one month, and if that works the doctor will let me do it for another month.

I am taking my first pill tomorrow at 8am. Would like to know what to be prepared for, and any tips. I have already read a bit about the drug on the internet.

Thanks ;)

2. alitim

alitim New Member
    Registered

Hi, Sorry to hear that u are unwell, i have been on duromine for 11 days, and on it i had dry mouth, waking up 3hrs earlier then i normally do, headaches and nausea in the arvo's the first 5 or 6 days but now that has pretty much gone, as long as u realise that this is a drug to stop u from overeating but that u still need to eat healthy and do some form of excercise then you should be able to lose they weight:) my start weight was 110kg and now at 11 days i have lost 4kg. So if ur only getting mild side effects i would definately stick to it as it does work:) let me know ur progress and we can motivate eachother:)

3. much.too.rare

much.too.rare New Member
    Registered

Hey,

Thanks for replying :). Yes, I am being referred to physiotherapy and will try doing some swimming and swiss ball exercises. I love exercising - I'm just limited. First day and I have really noticed a dry mouth - this is tolerable but sometimes irritating. I have noticed I am already not feeling cravings for food, but I have been feeling slightly sick during the after noon. I was also feeling drowsy but I'm sure this will all pass. I'm on a couple other pills to help with the pain etc of my undiagnosed condition so I think my body just has to get used to this intake of medication.

Thanks for the tips, I do normally eat healthy ... It's just that once I stopped exercising my body still wanted food as though it was and so this piled on the weight.

4kg's in 11 days is really good. I would like to lose 4-5kg's in the whole month - that would be ideal.

:)