Hey there, I'm new

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nas, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Nas

Nas New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Height:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi all... So I'm not sure if I'm doing this properly lol this is my 3rd day on 30mg. I'm hoping to lose with duromine together with eating properly and some exercise. Question... is it normal not to want to eat anything at all? It's like overnight I'm looking at food and I have no interest in it. I know I must eat but I have no appetite. I know this is the purpose of taking duromine but complete loss of appetite? I had a futurelife shake and half a slice of pizza the evening only cz my son didn't eat it lol the dry mouth is a blessing as I'm drinking almost 3 litres of water a day... today I only had 2 eggs and spinach. Can someone please explain the total loss of appetite? TIA

TeeDee67 likes this.
  2. TeeDee67

TeeDee67 Member
    Registered

Hi there @Nas ,
    Firstly welcome!. I have similar stats to you and am on the 30mg also, if you want to check mine out I am in my weekly updates I think it's In a thread called my experiences??.. ummm not sure.

And yes for the first 2 weeks or so I had no appetite at all and had to make myself eat, and when I did it was so much less than usual and i felt fuller quicker.

It was explained to me that our bodies us like a fire, if there is no fuel then the fire goes out.. which is bad cause the fire is our metabolism and we need to keep burning our fat off, so to stoke the fire and keep it going we need to eat. While we are on the duro and not feeling like food, it's the perfect opportunity to start putting the right sort of food into us and teach us what we really need and not what we just want, or because it tastes good and then we gorge ourselves on it.

So yes I had to start to teach myself, to have small portions at least 5x a day. Just little bits , I knew it was meal time so I made myself have something light.
    I must warn you that at about the 5 day mark you may get constipated..so beware, the dry mouth settles down and I very rarely get it now. I was like you and drank heaps because of it and now I have to make myself drink again..lol

So good luck, keep us posted, I weigh myself every friday and post my weekly stats, just so I keep accountable. I like scrolling through the forums also, it's very encouraging.
    All the best,
    Teedee67.

April and Nas like this.
  3. Nas

Nas New Member
    Registered

Thank u so much for ur reply. I will check ur progress :) I was a bit overwhelmed by the changes but day 4 and I'm getting used to it. I find that my headaches disappear when I drink water. I agree this will make me change habits... for the better i hope lol i will weigh in after day 10 and will let u know.

TeeDee67 likes this.
  4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Nas! Very nice to see one more person, who is willing to change her life! It’s great that water helps you cope with the headaches, so you won’t forget to drink enough water. I am sure that you will be able to review your menu and will find the eating plan that suits you the most.

Did you begin any exercising?

Nas likes this.
  5. Nas

Nas New Member
    Registered

Hi thank you for the reply... I really hope that I can get more food (healthy of cz) in as I basically have to force myself to eat. I did some light exercises for 2 days. I will do a bit more today :)

I appreciate the motivation :)

April likes this.