Hey everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KimmyK, Apr 28, 2014.

1. KimmyK

KimmyK New Member
    Registered

Hey Guys!

I'm Kim, I live in Canberra in Aus. I am getting married in just under four months and I am a mum of three boys!

My story is pretty long, I'll try keep it interesting!

I've always been big, weighing about 100kg at 17. I tried the soup diet and joining a gym and various other things, but I was super uneducated and I never lost weight.

When I was 19 I got married to a guy in the army (September 06). I had been looking at weight watchers because I was really over hating the way I looked.

The final straw that got my butt into gear was one day I was putting on the seatbelt in my husbands car, and there was a frayed spot. I asked him how he slid the buckle over it so easily, and he explained he didnt, thats where the buckle sat for him. The same day I found out I had become so big that the unspoken rule in the Army where saying nasty things about each others wives didnt apply to me, my husband had been getting shit at work because of the way I looked.

That night I joined weight watchers. I was there for 4 weeks, starting at 101kg and getting down to 97 when I found out I was pregnant. I gained 25kg.

About 4 months after my son was born I found out I was pregnant AGAIN. Id not lost all the baby weight yet, and went on to add another 30kg, putting me around 135kg by the end of my pregnancy.

When my second boy was two months old (Nov 08), I went back to weight watchers, starting at 108kg. I committed to counting points and eating right and lost the weight fairly fast most of the time.

In March 2010 my husband and I split, and I was about 80kg. Over the rest of the year I changed my lifestyle for the worse, going out dancing a lot and not eating. I dropped to 70kg.

I moved home in Jan 2011 and put on about 5kg. I started to get worried but I let it go. Then I met my current partner and put on another 5kg, as he surprised me with dinner out and chocolates etc. I also quit smoking as he was a non smoker, and that didnt help.

in October 2012 we went to america for thee weeks where I gained 6kg, taking me up to around 88kg. I was terrified. I had been climbing slowly but steadily since we met. We had started on the Rapid Loss shakes prior to the holiday in anticipation of gaining weight, but I gained more than I lost before hand.

In November 2013 I we went on a 10 day cruise where I stacked on a massive 6kg. Creamy cocktails and a full buffet every meal have that effect.

In the last few year I have constantly been dieting, always sitting between 77-88kg. More recently I have been on the rapid loss shakes again, pulling good losses Monday to Friday (like 2kg) then messing it up every weekend.

In the lead up to the wedding I keep thinking I have plenty of time to get to my goal before hand, but time has gotten away, and even though I am slowly losing, its too slow. Time got away from me.

I decided last week I wanted to go on Duromine. I read up on it over three days and then asked my doctor for a script. AT 170cm and 82kg my BMI is around 28, but I can stand to lose around 20kg and still be in a healthy weight range. I dont have a specific goal, because the first time I lost weight my goal was 80, then 75, then 70, and I was never happy with myself. I will know my goal when I get there.

I started on the Duromine 40mg on Saturday. The weekend was crazy busy so I ate a few bites of whatever I walked past over both Saturday and Sunday, managing 4l of water each day and lost 1.1kg over the two days.

Currently for today and tomorrow I'm doing a rapid detox, but instead of eating nothing at all if I want to eat, ill have salad sticks, because I know I can only push my body so far and its under a lot of stress as it is. As a side note, the 48 hour rapid detox drink tastes like BIN JUICE. I would not recommend it. I will finish it though because a)it was $30 and b)I have a point to prove to my partner who said I didn't need it lol.

Once the detox is over I will be back on rapid loss shakes and green tea for brekkie and lunch, and just small servings of normal dinners, minus carbs where I can. We eat a lot of veg in everything and I dont often cook even with spray oil. I think its more achievable than whipping up a chickpea tagine or whatever every night. If I cook what myself and my family knows and loves, and just learn how much is appropriate, I am more likely to maintain that.

I have NEVER really exercised.. I do a session or two of this or that every few months but get bored. After the detox I plan to start light exercise, but I feel with this going on I'd probably pass out.

My side effects haven't been too bad.. Headspins and a bit of a foggy stoned feeling from time to time, tac-mouth, and oddly dulled hearing.. like my ears are blocked but they aren't. Sleep is not going too well but I feel great anyway so I'm not too bothered.

Anyway, if you got here, I admire your dedication, and I would definitely bet on you to get to goal with that kind of determination lol.

I'm VERY chatty lol. I have lost a lot of weight before so even though I'm new to duro I still have lots of advice and ideas on weight loss :)

I'm really looking forward to chatting with everyone :)

2. Rita cachia

Rita cachia New Member
    Registered

Please check your iron levels before all the iron is depleted out of you. Good luck. I just stopped after two weeks and didn't even stop eating or anything just ate smaller meals and all my iron went out the window. Anzac long weekend spent in bed , too weak to do anything. Make sure you have a good multi vitamin, and ask your doc for iron test so if you feel weak you can see what's happening with another check.

3. KimmyK

KimmyK New Member
    Registered

Hey Rita

Thanks for your reply :)

I ditched the detox, I was gagging AS I drank it - never a good sign. I felt weak and shakey, and the cold I nearly had hit me full force as a result of me treating my body like crap. Lesson learned. Duro is enough to put my body through, without adding stupid crap like a detox at the same time.

Once I decided to give up on that, I had like 400g of too steak and some steamed broc and cauli for dinner. Still feel unwell but not like I'm going to die anymore.

I take a women's multi with dinner as I need real food with it or it makes me feel sick and I have a shake for brekkie.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm generally low on iron, as are most people trying to lose weight because we steer clear of red meat. I will have to make sure I eat more roo. :)

4. Vic

Vic New Member
    Registered

Hi Kim
    I am trying to find a Canberra GP who happily prescribes Duramine, can you help?

5. KimmyK

KimmyK New Member
    Registered

I went to ginninderra medical and the random doctor prescribed it when I was 82kg without even weighing me. So not hard to get haha. I saw Dr wahab.

6. Vic

Vic New Member
    Registered

Thanks!! Gold information will let you know how I go

#6 Vic, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  7. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Hi Kimmy. Congrats on starting Your duromine journey - i'm sure it will be very successful. Just a handy tip to keep your iron levels up, whenever you're having a little bit of grilled steak/kangaroo/venison (very high in protein and iron, very very lean), make sure you have half an orange or a vitamin C tablet. Vitamin C is fantastic for increasing the absorption of iron and will make you feel much better too!

8. Vic

Vic New Member
    Registered

Hello All. Day 2 96kg.
    Behaviors Observed
    1. house very clean
    2. up & ready to go at 4am
    3. manic but controlled & methodical, writing to-do lists
    4. drinking water like a fish, 3l water per day
    5. eating less, but good.
    6. the poor dog is tired from walks.
    7. mouth dry, tongue feels thick
    8. minor couple of headaches
    9. smoking more
    10. talking more
    11. want to fix stuff (see 3.)
    12. focused & determined
    13. swimming
    14. started a lunchtime walking group at work
    15. Yes. Lists. See 1-14.

9. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

:D:D:p Hey that's great if you ask me!
    1,4,5,6(LOL), 13, 14!! Just hope you sleep well so that your body is not overstressed with such amount of energy throughout a day. All in all I think you are on the right way!

10. LollyTerror

LollyTerror Member
    Registered

Just read your old post and wondered if you reached your wedding goal weight?