Here's hoping

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Quinney, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

Hi there. Went to doctors today & got one month supply of Duromine. In the past I have lost 70kg following weightwatchers but about 15kgs has crept back on & am finding it really hard to get the ball rolling to lose it:p, so am starting to take 30mgs tomorrow. Reading all your threads have been really interesting on how it affects everyone differently. Will keep you posted on how I go

2. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

Well today was the day. 1st tablet down the throat. I must say tho that I was a little scared taking it. I made sure I had a really good sleep in just in case that's my last good sleep for awhile lol. I am going to see how tonight goes & if I can't sleep I think I will try what a few of you have been saying about taking it really early in the morning. It's only been a couple of hours but I can feel my energy level building which is great. I also am going to follow the weight watchers filling & healthy food guidlines which are really good. Will report back tomorrow & let you know how my first day/night went. Weighed in at 85.1kg this morning so here's hoping thats the last time I see that figure on my scales

3. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

1st day under my belt & I must say my energy levels were great. I felt so good & was able to get so many jobs done yesterday that have been on my to do list around the house for ages. I worked all day till about 7pm & only stopping for lunch. Didn't seem to curve my hunger pains, I ate 3 healthy meals & had fruit in between. Side affects were definatly lack of sleep. Went to bed about 11 feeling really tired but couldn't sleep so got up again till about 3am. Good chance to catch up on some programmes I had recorded tho lol. One part yesterday I did feel a bit light headed & dizzy. Had a very slight head ache for some parts of the day. Definatly dry mouth but that was fine as I had been a bit slack on drinking water so made me get back into that again. I also found quite good was chewing extra chewing gum as I also had not the nicest of tastes in my mouth.
    Today I took my tablet at 5am so heres hoping that might help my sleeping tonight.
    Got on the scales this morning just for curiosity & found I had lost 1.3kg so was wrapped but aware also that I can flutuate that normally, but heres hoping its for real

4. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

Day 2 finished & still feeling good. Had better sleep last night but did keep waking up. Took my tablet at 4am so will see how that goes for today. I feel mso motivated on this tablet. I don't know if it's all in the mind or not but I do have alot more energy. Spent another day yesterday keeping busy cleaning windows & walls. You just don't want to sit around which is great. Got on the scales again today & have lost another 600gms so thats 1.9kgs in 2 days, just hoping that doesn't stop.

5. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

Day 4 & apart from dry mouth which in it's own way is a bonus as it makes me drink heaps of water, sleeping slightly improving each night but apart from that theres been no other side affects & feel really motivated. Even went back to the gym this week, did steps & lunges & boy are my muscles sore. Still sitting at 1.9kg loss

6. SHADEDCAGE

SHADEDCAGE New Member
    Registered

:) Hii there just wanted to say Awesome job & keep up the good progress and keep us updated when u can plz.

7. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

8 days now & feeling really good in myself. As of yesterday still was only 1.9kg loss but I'm happy with that. I have now gone back to the gym. Been 4 times this week plus walking & have lost in centremetres as well. Sleeping alot better after 5th day

8. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

weigh in day today & weighed in at 82.2 so thats 2.9kg loss in 11 days so really pleased with that. Feel like more tho as have noticed my clothes getting looser. Really went out of my comfort zone yesterday as went to go for a 6.4km walk which is what I usually do but yesterday I walked to the end of the road which is 3.2km & then I jogged all the way home without stopping. Believe me when I say I am not a runner but I was determined to do it & boy did it feel great when I did. To achieve weight loss I believe we really have to push ourselves out of the comfort zone with exercise.

9. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

3 weeks down & weighing in at 80.3. so thats 4.8 kg & feel so much better for it. Still have the dry mouth but really no other side affects at all. Just hope this weight loss keeps going like it has for the last 3 weeks. Another 13kg to go.

10. zeez

zeez New Member
    Registered

Good on u quinney! How many weeks has it been now? and the weightloss?

11. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

Haven't been on for awhile. Still taking Duromine. Am now weighing 76kg & feel so much better for it. Only side affect is still the dry mouth which is fine. Sleeping well. Have also found that at the beginning I really had to exercise to help get the weight off but finding in the last three weeks I haven't been able to exercise & the weight is still coming off. This week was 1.6kg which really suprised me with not exercising.