HELP.......what am I doing wrong??

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by KylieR, Jul 9, 2012.

1. KylieR

KylieR New Member
    Registered

Hey fellow Durominers

I nees gelp or guidance or..... I dont know what???
    I am on day 14 and started at 92.8kg and have only lost 1.2kgs. I mostly eat healthy and am eating more often and smaller portions. I begin with a coffee and my tablet, whrn I get to work it is 2 slices of multigrain toast with barely any butter and low fat cheese spread, cuppa soup for morning tea, small bowl of veggies for lunch or another soup, never get afternoon tea. Then I get home and its usually meat and veggies, I even try and have only one small potato. On a Saturday I drink a bottle of wine. Thats it.

I turn 30 in 60 days and really hoped to have lost 2 dress sizes before? How can I speed this up? I also walk to and from the train which is just short of 1km each way. I even walked home from the train station Thurs night and thats 3.6km. I have an Ab Circle Pro..... Maybe I need to get obsessed with that and use 3 times a day maybe?

I must admit I drink loads of water but never at work??

Any suggestions or ideas would be great. I value everyones opinion and advice

Thanks everyone xxx

2. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi KylieR. Are u on 15mg or 30mg. I also lost only 2kg for the first 2weeks. Duromine take some time to kick in at times as your body needs to get use to the drug. You need to drink water during the entire day not only after work. It is very important not to dehidrate and it can harm your kidneys.Your body fat and metabolisme as well as how active you are during the day also has a big impact on your weightloss. On average I have lost 2.5 to 3kg per month. You need to take measurements as well, some weeks the scale does not moved but than I have lost cm's. I do spinning for 15-20 min daily and the stepping machine every second day. The most important thing is not do expect it to happen overnight. Try to cut out sugar totally and fullcream milk. Believe me that alone makes a big difference in your diet. Patience and stay positive. Each gram lost is one gram closer to your goal weight. Good luck

3. Kini

Kini New Member
    Registered

Hey KylieR. :)
    Sometimes it takes a while, Im on the 15mgs (been on for 2 months) and only now am I starting to slightly notice my jeans getting looser, I dont own a scale.
    Keep eating healthy and dont skip meals! Its very important to kick start your metabolism by eating at least 3 times a day! Also keep up the walking, any exercise is great!
    Dont lose heart!

4. mummabec

mummabec New Member
    Registered

i think your eating the wrong foods, you shouldnt have bread, avoid carbs , drink more water all day
    dont think cuppa soups are that good for you either

5. KylieR

KylieR New Member
    Registered

Thanks for your replies - it all helps. I am on the 30mg tablets. I go back to my doctor on 27th to see how I am going. I am contemplating asking for the 40mg ones. He is funny about giving Duromine though. This time I got the generic brand but I dont think I will next time (its only $5 cheaper anyhow). Have read the proper Duromine gets better results. I dont understand how that works though?

I have stopped a million coffees a day and now only have a very weak one first thing, then I buy a small skinny latte no sugar (which yesterday was the last day of that!!) then maybe have one at work n only use light milk n equal sugar, half of one.

Am eating ok and am always eating breakfast (1 english muffin with barely any spread - or a banana). I struggle to eat 6-8 times a day. Am slowly getting my water intake to 2 litres a day although I have just hit 750ml for the day already (and been to the loo about a dozen times!!). Am just so busy I forget!! I do drink plenty of water of an evening though. Am thinking maybe a Tony Ferguson shake for breakky?

Isnt cutting out carbs completely not healthy? My doctor advised me that as long as I only have 2 slices of bread a day and to ensure to eat them before 12pm so it gives your body ample time to burn it off.

Work supplies fruit so I have been having a banana at about 11 and then have just started with a really healthy chicken noodle cuppa soup. My friend, who is tiny and only around 52kgs (and used to take Duromine!! to prevent her putting on weight), was on a strict diet last year for a gym challenge and I took some of the cuppa soup in to her and she said that it is the healthiest soup and less salts etc than all of the other brands she knew of.

I usually dont eat in the afternoon but have been ok with dinners. Its been meat n veg with no sauces or salt or anything. I have the tiniest whole potato but otherwise its peas corn carrot brocolli n cauliflower. My main issue is that I dont eat sweets n never binge eat but I also dont eat when I am not hungry and I still dont have much of an appetite. My meals are half the size when I do eat though. Thats gotta be a good sign right?

Exercise only happens walking to and from the station and racing around the office. Sometimes I have to race around the city for work but that is only one day a week at most. I do have an ab circle pro - maybe I need to sit it in front of the tellie and use it through ad breaks of an evening?

After 3 weeks I can notice the tops of my legs have shrunk a little and also where my bra sits on my sides. Thats about it!!

My 30th party is in 59 days. How can I get to a size 14??? Doing my head in. I need to lose my belly and hips!!

I ALWAYS used to go on measurements and now I am getting really fixated on the bloody scales!!! I need to only do it on a Monday, start of each new week.

Basically I want to look trim and terrific for my party!!

6. kayleigh

kayleigh New Member
    Registered

Hey I have been on duromine 30mg for a week now...for now I have been having an up and go for breakfast, small handful of nuts for morning tea, a salad for lunch, raisins for afternoon tea then meat and veg or salad for dinner and drinking about 9 glasses of water a day and exercising most days and so far lost 5.3kg hope this helps! i cut out coffee and carbs too

7. Jennyshami

Jennyshami New Member
    Registered

Ive been on Duromine for 5 days and literally drink a minimum of 6 liters of water per day.. Which is strange because i can honestly say before starting duromine I maybe drank 2 cups of water a month... Drug of choice being pepsi light caffeine free.. close to 4 ltrs per day.. I feel so good drinking water and I had a sip of pepsi yesterday and wanted to throw up, it felt like i was burning a hole through my stomach!!

Good luck with everything and keep us updated!!!

8. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

How are you going now Kayleigh?

9. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

Wow thats a lot of water! good on you! Im still a bit slack on the water but WAYYY up there from before... like you... i could drinking it between now and never a month normally :)