HELP! Weight loss stalled!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Nadia3, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Nadia3

Nadia3 New Member
    Registered

Hi,

I started my weight loss journey in September last year without the help of duromine. I lost 12kg just with healthy eating and exercise. In December my weight loss stalled so I went see my doctor for help.

I started taking Duromine about 2 weeks ago. In the first week I lost around 3kg but now I have completely stalled on week 2 losing absolutely nothing. I am eating small, very healthy, 3 meals a day and exercsing for at least half an hour everyday.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any tips on what I can do to get better results for week 3?

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi Nadia! Welcome to the forum and my applause for your successful weight loss before Duromine! Great job!

As for the plateau in week 2 – it’s quite a common thing. When is your weigh in day, or you weigh yourself every morning? Isn’t “this time of the month” approaching? As a rule, the weight starts shifting again the next week.

If it really bothers or discourages you, you can give your body a “shake”. I mean, make a day or two, when you consume by 20% more calories than you do every day, and then continue eating as you were eating all the time. This should kick start the weight loss. OR you can increase the intensity of your exercises OR add strength exercises to your usual routine. In two weeks, our body usually gets used to everything we do, so we need to change something to break the usual pattern.

I hope this helps. All the best to you!

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Nadia, how is it going? Did the weight begin to move? Any changes?

4. Nadia3

Nadia3 New Member
    Registered

Hi, no changes. I tried what you suggested by uping my calories and also switched HIIT workouts and full body weight workouts.

I don't know if I overdid it with working out but the other morning shortly after I woke up I fainted.

Really disappointing that I'm not seeing any real results.

5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

My Goodness! Fainting is not good… probably, you are right that you have worn yourself out. =( are you sure that you drink enough water? Intense exercising, overheating… did you check your blood sugar before you started Duromine? Did the doc examine you anyhow at all? Blood pressure?

It just doesn’t make any sense… can you just stop exercising for 3 days? obviously, your body is under stress… it is the end of the first-month course already, right? Oh wait! How much do you need to lose? What Duromine dose are you on?

6. Nadia3

Nadia3 New Member
    Registered

I have been drinking close to around 4 litres a day. I should point out the day I fainted was after a couple of days of 40+ degrees weather and I dont think I had eaten enough the prior day + the working out.

I had blood tests before I started my course and my hormones were fine. My sugar was a little high and the doctor wants me to re test for that. My blood pressure has been on the higher side too.

I'm on 30mg at the moment. When I started trying to loose weight in September I was 127.5kg. I lost 12kg by myself and now weigh around 109kg. Still have quite a lengthy journey ahead.

I have around a week left of duromine and no repeats so I will have to see my doctor again soon.

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

I see…… how many calories do you eat? Just asking.. I know that I am repeating myself… Like the day before fainting… when you worked out a lot, how many calories did you consume?

PS. How did they test your sugar? Just a blood test or the glucose tolerance test as well?