Help-still hungry

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by mummajessjess, Oct 5, 2013.

1. mummajessjess

mummajessjess New Member
    Registered

only day 2 but feeling a bit :( no wonderful energy/no side effects. .most annoying is by night im very hungry, im scared as this is my usual binge time- im on 30mg but feel pretty normal most the time,is it normal to feel hungry maybe taking it later in the morning?? hmmmm glad I don't have side effects but at least the I would know it was working...any advice or similar experience?

2. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Hey Jess, just stick with it. Mine took a few days to kick in as well. I was hungry n tired. It was the complete opposite of what I wanted. But after a week it all kicked in and the weight started to come off : ) the energy started to kick in a lil, n was not tired. I'm four months in and still have to tell myself not to eat. I have lost 15.2 kilos so far. Even if it's a kilo a week, be happy and stick to it. Positive thinking helps I believe : ) I still have 12kg to go. Keep me posted on how you go : )

shellyisme and Kate like this.
  3. mummajessjess

mummajessjess New Member
    Registered

thanks Belinda-awesome job on your weight loss :) yeah our right had a better day today and I think its a mind thing-just have to eat right wetheror not im on these tablets-looking forward to seeing how I have gone this first week:)
    will keep you posted
    jess

4. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Oh glad you had a better day, how are you going now Jess so you feel like it's starting to work for you?

5. mummajessjess

mummajessjess New Member
    Registered

hi-well I think so yeah but to be honest im not really thinking about the pill as such or what its doing I take it with my multi vitamins and just try and follow my healthy diet-I have to stop putting pressure on myself which is very hard for me- I do get hungry but I need to learn that its just habbits I have formed for 20years lol...but its been a week now since I started and im down 4.5kgs-pretty happy with that:)....I had a little slip tonight when I was just feeling hungry so I had a bread roll with chicken-not the worst thing ever but need to stay away from white bread-hope your doing well to:)

shellyisme likes this.
  6. Loulou

Loulou New Member
    Registered

Hi Jess I had terrible hunger pains my first few days. The best advise Kate gave me was to eat small meals & when you do get hunger pains eat a yoghurt or nuts. And don't forget your water...plenty water. It worked for me.

Good luck

Kate likes this.
  7. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Wow congratulations what a good first week, yeah totally agree it's about starting new habits, healthy habits. You know they say it takes 21 days to break a habit! And yeah I had a slip n put a kilo on. But we are all human and it's a learning curve. Good luck and hopefully you can get another good week in!

8. mummajessjess

mummajessjess New Member
    Registered

thanks Belinda-I have a feeling tomorrow there wont be any change possibly a kilo back on-had a bit ofa slip tonight and got a bit hungry-I feel terrible:( but its not like I choose chips or chocolate or anything,we still uman I suppose-good luck to you to:)

dddduromine likes this.
  9. Loulou

Loulou New Member
    Registered

Yes its all about being human & new habits. Don't beat yourself up too much Belinda regarding the slip;-) as long as you keep at it. Good luck to you both

10. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Jess It's okay try not to beat yourself up. I feel bad but then snap myself out of it and know tomorrow is a new day and I will try a little harder. As Mothers we put our selves last on a daily basis, for me it's not comforting myself with food when I'm stressed. And actually learning to breath when I get stressed out not eat! I'm getting there! And thanks Lou-Lou. I learned my lesson. I have to stop sabotaging myself. I'm so close to 65. It's my next mini goal.

Kate likes this.
  11. mummajessjess

mummajessjess New Member
    Registered

thanks Belinda-totally right:) 65!!! oh wow that's my ultimate dream weight haven't been that since yr 9!!!

christine V likes this.
  12. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Jess youll get there! your well on your way already. I've only been there three times in last 8 years since having my beautiful babies. Each pregnancy I put on 30 plus kilos. My youngest is now 10 months, I was 55 before pregnancy and after 72. But the 10 kilos i put on after I had him to due complete over eating n stress n there is was 83 kilos. Now thanks to Duromine n four prescriptions later I'm 66.4 today : ) goal 50 - 55 by Christmas.

13. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

I'm with mummajessjess, 65kg would be amazing! Belinda has it been hard for you to maintain in between prescriptions?

14. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Hey JacquiRose I put two kilos on whilst off the Duromine but honestly was not eating right. I'm now down to 65.3 today n as you loose the weight n eat less your stomach shrinks. Ive just started Drinking a full glass of Ice cold water with a slice of lemon to fill me up before I eat lunch. Works a treat! :)

#14 Belinda, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Kate likes this.
  15. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

Wow that's great :) I have no problem maintaining my weight, give or take a couple of kg it's just getting it off that's hard. But I have heard that the glass of water before a meal works great. I'll have to try it :) I usually drink afterwards tho if i'm not quite full.

16. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Yeah that works good too :) how's your weight loss going? Are you happy so far?

17. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

I'll talk to you in a private message ok? :) I don't want to bug everyone with notifications.

18. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Okay I'm so not a computer person :) so I'm still working all this out sorry everyone.

19. Audra Blue

Audra Blue New Member
    Registered

Hi Jess

If you don't have problems with caffeine, you could try what the Paleo diet guys do (and me as well) and that is bullet proof your coffee. That means a teaspoon of coconut oil or real butter gets mixed in with your coffee. You can't taste it, it's good fat that your body needs when your calorie load has been reduced but it's not enough calorie wise to blow out your daily intake. People forget that when you're on a reduced calorie eating plan, good fats are your best friend.