HELP - Prescription in CHCH NZ NEEDED - WHOS YOUR GP?

Discussion in 'Doctors & Clinics' started by Drsaidno, May 8, 2012.

1. Drsaidno

Drsaidno New Member
    Registered

HELP!!!!! My DR won't prescribe me Duromine, I have spent months online researching side effects and benefits of this drugs - I have read horror stories, success stories, doctor stories and also medsafe information. I currently weigh 106kgs, I walk 30 minutes a day and work in a call centre for 60+ hours a week, I have 3 dogs and live on 10 acres, I look after sheep, cattle and mini ponies in my spare time (which is hardly any). I am hungry ALL THE TIME, I think it is because I am sitting down all day and working my butt off, so I eat alot, and don't use the energy. I can't shift the weight! I really want to try this product, only 15mg to start with. My doctor told me that it is a "no no" to prescribe this, and that no one in the medical centre would do so, this has nothing to do with my health, but their reputation. so DOES ANYONE KNOW A GP IN CHRISTCHURCH THAT WILL PRESCRIBE? Im getting really pissed off. They offered me anti-depressants because of my self-esteem issues, but won't prescribe me duromine.... hello Doctor? My self-esteem issues are due to my fat arse!!! GRR!!!! Help PLEASE!:mad:

2. Cori-Lee

Cori-Lee New Member
    Registered

Hey there DrSaidNo...
    I don't believe every GP in Chch won't prescribe Duromine, a friend of mine had to convince her Doctor she needed it, with myself on the other hand, my GP happily prescribed it to me, under circumstances eg. exercise and a healthy diet.
    We're both from Wellington.
    Maybe research Stats of what you should be weighing at and plead your case, let them know your pushing yourself and helping yourself not just trying to rely on Duromine (I'm not saying your not, just maybe if your Doc see's your trying to do something about your weight they will prescribe it to assist)
    If that fails, get a 2nd opinion, go to another GP.
    I also work in a Contact Centre, and they've just brought in a Vending Machine, not good for us at all, cos yes all we do is sit, however our Desks do go up and down so we can stand every now and then if we need to.
    I really hope that helped, and I hope someone helps you too.

3. scorpinwelly

scorpinwelly New Member
    Registered

Hi there

Who is your doctor in Wellington? My doctor isn't keen to prescribe this.

Thanks

4. Busymum

Busymum New Member
    Registered

I am also in Christchurch. My doctor just refused to give me a prescription, can't stop crying, so desperate. I to would love to know if there is a doctor in christchurch that prescribes otherwise I'm going to buy online which I really don't want to do. Argh!!