HELP! On Duromine 40mgs for four days so far and im neally ready to give up!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Mummy_of_2, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Mummy_of_2

Mummy_of_2 New Member
    Registered

I am 24 years old and have been prescribed duromine 40mgs. I currently weigh 80kgs and around 160cms. I weighed 60kgs when I was 21 and then fell pregnant with my second child and let myself go. I felt so depressed with myself and my weight so i asked the doctor if i can get prescribed this drug. I am totally aware of the side effects good and bad but didn't realise it was going to be this bad.
    My friend was on duromine for a month and lost 5kgs a week! Yep, jealous!!
    I have been on it for four days now and have not slept a wink. My eyes are so sore and i feel like a zombie. I am getting the dry mouth but although i hate drinking water i have been drinking 2 bottles a day. I am also going to the gym 4 times a week (for the past 2 weeks) and have a personal training session once a week. I weighed 79.80 on wednesday and today is friday and i weigh 79.30. Not much difference really considering how much pain my body is in from working out so hard. My appetite is COMPLETELY gone and everything i eat is a turn off (and i use to eat A LOT!). Things like plain crackers taste so bad to me and even coke doesnt taste appealing anymore which i guess is a good thing cause I am a coke a cola addict. I am not sure if i should take it every second day or just keep going and see how it goes. I guess I just really badly want to sleep and hopefully i finally fall asleep tonight. If anyone can help me out in any way I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading this. :eek:

2. sugaboo35

sugaboo35 New Member
    Registered

hi
    im on the 30mg for the 7th day today, and have lost 2kg's. i take my capsule at 4am and dont have any trouble sleeping. i normally have knorr cup a soup in the morning, although i dont get hungry. lunch time i have a piece of chicken i dont eat anything for supper. and i drink my 3 lt of water daily.

3. Mel

Mel New Member
    Registered

Hi, I have had a love / hate relationship with Duromine for the past 7 years or so now and I can sympathise with your situation. My advice would be to take the dosage every second or third day. 40mgs is a lot to handle straight away. If you take it constantly for two weeks then stop in the third week your feelings of depression can become overwhelming. Duromine is an 'upper' drug and coming 'down' from it can be tough. I suggest taking it around 3-4am, even if it means taking it during your early morning pee then going back to sleep for a while. Make sure your body isn't being starved of vital minerals and nutrients, if you are exercising routinely at the gym and not eating properly you are slowly depleting your iron, protein and energy levels. Something you won't be aware of whilst on Duromine as it 'keeps you going and alert' even though your eyes are hanging out of your head from lack of sleep. When eating try consuming natural raw products (fruit and vegies). Basic nutrient rich foods are better than a chip packet or crackers. To help with sleep try to calm your body with relaxation techniques of lying still or concentrating on your breathing. I find when taking Duromine I don't sleep well, but tell myself lying down and focusing on my breathing is still resting my body. Try going for a leisurely walk to burn more of the energy production you body is dealing, this will also keep your happy endorphins producing.
    I hope this helps, don't give up. Give your body the ability to accept the Duromine and release your stored fats. As I said ensuring you have the right vitamins and nutrients will aid the release of fat from your body.
    Good luck and take care of yourself, Mel xo.

4. ally26

ally26 New Member
    Registered

Go back and get a script for a lower mg - 40mg is the strongest , maybe you'd be better on 15 or 30mg?