Hellooooo :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MissAmber, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MissAmber

MissAmber New Member
    Registered

Hey everyone *WAVES*

Im Amber and i have just started my first month on Duromine 30mg tablets 7days ago.... Im on a mission to loose so long overdue baby weight after 4 kiddies and also some weight as im Bridesmaid in my girlfriends upcoming wedding in may next year :)

Im a busy mum of 4 (DD12, DS9, DD4, DD2) and 2 beautiful step kids (DSS13, & DSD11), i work nights so dont have alot of time and am always rushing round so my gp recommended duromine to kick start my exercise plan for my weight loss journey.

So at first i was lil worried about taking it not because of the Sleepless nights as that didnt bother me but was very worried about the heart palpitations etc.... but after 7 days now and i take my pill at 12noon i havent had any of that and really havent noticed any changes :( only one i can notice is the constant dry mouth all day everyday. Should i be noticing anymore side effects.... it hasnt even really been suppressing my want of food :( but i dont eat much as it is.

So should i ask GP to go on higher dose?????

2. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

Morning how much do u weigh ? I was on the 30g and I was still hungry, so the doctor put .me on 40g and it is much better. But I was 130 kgs so I have a lot of weigh to loss. I do sweat more and have a dry mouth too, but that's all I have thank god oh sorry constipation too. Well good luck and I hope it starts falling of u

3. AshleyJayne

AshleyJayne New Member
    Registered

Hi :)
    I started on 30mg 12 days ago and I too was worried about heart palpitations!! but the only side effects I have had so far have been a dry mouth and sweating a lot more.
    It has suppressed my appetite a little but I do still get hungry. I make sure I eat 6 small meals a day even if i'm not hungry.
    I've lost around 11kgs since I first started but I have been very strict with what I eat.
    Good luck with your journey and I hope you get the results you are looking for :)