Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Roxanne, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    92KG
    Current Weight:
    88.8KG
    Height:
    1.53M
    Lost:
    3.2KG
    Goal Weight:
    62KG
    Hi all! Great to find this forum.

I’m a 33 year old Mom of 1, happily married for 9 years. Husband has been a fantastic support, no matter my size. Last year I had some anxiety issues and after going for a third opinion on the cause the GP ordered Thyroid tests. I have hashimoto's thyroiditis and have been treating it since last year August. I was of the opinion that by correcting this my piled on weight would melt off. No such bloody luck. 2 years ago I managed to get down to 79 kg, but it took so much out of me ( it took 4 months to drop 12 kg and I cut out meat and most carbs) and I landed up piling it all back. My knees and lower back have been giving me issues and after a chance consultation with my GP she suggested Duromine and Xenical. When we consulted I weighed 92KG, which was 2 weeks ago. I have been waking up earlier to walk on the treadmill and we have been really good with take outs. We went from having take outs 2-3 times a week (maybe more) to only 3 times in the last month. I feel great that I have dropped a bit before starting on the Duromine. I stared yesterday and was a little nervous on how I would respond. I am pleased to say that I managed to clean my house in record time, but less pleased that I didn’t sleep as deeply as I usually do and even my husband’s breathing woke me up a few times.

My body has taken a bit of a beating this year, aside from the Hypothyroidism, I am currently taking Oratane for my skin as well.

I look forward to any advice that you can give and being part of this community.

XoXo

Rox

TeeDee67, April and Rava like this.
  2. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hi @Roxanne and welcome :)

Glad you managed to find the forums as they are just wonderful! Have so much good information here after nearly 6 weeks I am still reading through :)

Sounds like you have started off great! and its so good that your husband is supporting you along your journey - for sure will make things a lot easier for you.

The sleeping is a pain - I think for me it was around day 6 that I actually got in a good nights sleep! That being said I am still suffering from insomnia so what I generally do is if I go for less than 8 - 10 hours sleep over 2 days, I get an OTC sleeping aid and have it on the 3rd night. Seems to work for me and I feel as though I am in some type of routine this way :)

The other great advice I have received is having Epsom Salt baths - apart from soothing your sore muscles from your exercising it has the added benefit of relaxing the whole body :). It was also recommended to add some "sleepy time" essential oils, or even lavender oil to the salts as well :)

Looking forward in seeing how you go on your journey!

April and Dre like this.
  3. Dre

Dre Active Member
    Registered

Rava my darling!
    you really are a shining light on this forum at the moment..

we have so many Vampires (scammers) here, sucking the blood out of innocents!
    that when i see someone like yourself,
    helping people where you can, it fills my heart..

you might find yourself a 'Slayer' if your not careful darling xx

hugs
    Dre

Rava and April like this.
  4. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member
    Registered

Thanks Rava,
    I am really looking forward to this. Almost feels like a new beginning.

Rava likes this.
  5. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

@Roxanne you know what? It definitely is!

I took this time to really listen to my body, to try and not do what I have done in the past and just to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I used to really berate myself if I slipped up when trying to lose weight, and I believe it is one of the most negative things I really did do, to myself. Now and with the help of these forums and its members I acknowledge my slip up and just keep moving forward *hugs*

April and Dre like this.