Hello! New to here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ollie, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Ollie

Ollie New Member
    Registered

Hey ladies and gents...

Just came back from the doctor with a packet of Duromine 15mg..

I am petrified.. Petrfied of the side effects but so ready to change my life. Tomorrow morning is the time I take the first pill. I am worried to say the least but I am so ready to do this. I want to get enough energy to be able to excercise and walk my dog and not eat macdonalds everyday.. it’s been interesting readying all the information here.. I am hoping to at least achieve 10kgs.. my doctor said she won’t pescribe anymore after 2 months...

TeeDee67 likes this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hey there! Ok, now take a deep breath, and stop focusing on the bad sides... you may self-induce anxiety and increased heart rate, which will make it impossible to understand whether Duromine is guilty of negative effects (if any at all - the dose is the lowest), or it is your mind playing tricks on you.

Relax, set an alarm clock for early in the morning, take the pill with a glass of water (and/or a couple of tbsp of yogurt for example), and go back to sleep. And sleep. That's it!

And I have to tell you that you are doing it in a very WISE way. Starting Duromine use during the weekend is a great idea! High five and fingers crossed for a great start!

Ollie likes this.
  3. Ollie

Ollie New Member
    Registered

Thanks April. This is something I want to do. I want to set my alarm for 6am.. wake up and take the tablet and then go to sleep.. will I sleep? Probably not. I’ll get up full of energy!!! It’s all in my head. My doctor said with 15mg I might not experience anything at all.
    I just want to loose 10kg so bad and change my life.. hopefully I can keep going to the gym and eating f well after 2 months since she is very adamant that she won’t give me a refill after 2 months.. might have to find a new doctor !!!

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

=)) better work on new eating and exercising habits from day 1 of the course instead of taking this extremely potent drug longer than needed. You can do it, if you just let your body tell you what's good for it. Listen to your inner voice, learn to say no to an extra portion or that piece of a sweet treat at night. Develop a strong mindset to make sure that this journey is not going to be just a quick fix, which will roll back once you end the course.
    If you know that you will not be capable of completely abandoning some treats then don't do it. Control the amounts and frequency. Control your hands... learn to switch to other things, rather than food, especially when you're bored, sad, etc.
    Find that perfect balance to help yourself make the new lifestyle permanent and your body - perfect.

5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hey! How's it going?