Hello! New in Syd

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AmeliaJayne, Mar 22, 2018.

1. AmeliaJayne

AmeliaJayne New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hello :)
    I am getting married this year which is so exciting. Except I can't seem to loose the weight to be in the "healthy" range. I have been going to the gym a minimum of 3x per week and eating way healthier.I have cut out most unnecessary carbs switch to things like cauliflower rice and zucchini noodles instead.
    I went to two doctors recently and one flat out said no, the other one has sent me to do fasting blood tests (is this normal?) and said we would discuss after the results come back.

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello AmeliaJayne! Welcome to our wonderful Duromine community! Congratulations on this wonderful event in your life that is, I am sure, going to be wonderful!

Fasting blood tests, yes, it is normal, he is checking your blood sugar to see how your body processes sugar and whether your insulin response is correct. I guess he wants to make sure that no other health condition affects your weight, and to see if you have any concomitant diseases, to make sure that you are allowed to take Duromine. He should also check your BP and heart rate to be on the safe side. Good luck to you and hope that everything turns out really well for you. Cheers!