Hello! I'm new and starting Duromine in 1 week!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by carotene, Jun 17, 2012.

1. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

I'm currently having my finals exams, but will start my Duromine prescription (3 weeks) on the 23rd June, 2012!

I want to lose around 5 KG in 3 weeks if possible ... do you guys know if it is?

I weigh 143 pounds and am quite short and stocky.... I want to aim for around 120 pounds, GOAL.

I'm waiting until the end of these stressful exams which I probably gained another 1-2 pounds from stress eating.... but can't wait.

What should I expect the 1st day ?

I'm scared but hope to get your support here, will post daily during my 3 weeks.

2. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

Day 1 of Duromine - took it at 8am. Right now it's 8:22 and I'm feeling nothing.... hopefully later it'll kick in.
    Want to aim for a 5kg loss in 2-3 weeks if possible
    Am feeling FAT and tired

3. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi Carotene
    Welcome on board. I am on D 2months and two weeks. I am very happy so far. I am not experiencing any of the side effects descripe that maybe possible. Only the dry mouth and which is normal because you need to drink water. Duromine will not help if you do not eat healthy and do workout as well. You also need to eat small portians rugular throughout the day. I do spinning 15min per day and the stepper as well. I try to drink at least my 8 glasses of water and I drink it with lemon juice. You will only be 3weeks on Duromine that is very short as your body need time to adapt to eat small portians and heathy. If you do not change your lifestyle afterwards the weight you lost with duromine will be gained back in no time. My friend lost 14kg in 3 months and almost gained it back within 2months since she went off duromine. She went back to eat sweets and junk food. I wish you all the best with your diet and keep posting.

4. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

Oh no, guys, I'm experiencing SLEEPINESS and HUNGER - on Duromine 30mg! Is this normal ? It's day 1 for me!

5. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

So this is Day 2 and approaching the night - so far, symptoms today include dry mouth, high energy levels but I found that I am actually very tired for a while in the afternoon but have resumed energy at night. I slept for 7 hours interrupted yesterday - woke up at 3am but went back to sleep at 4am and woke up a few hours later, so it wasn't that bad.

I exercised for 30 minutes today and walked around town, but didn't feel anything except that Duromine certainly DID get me up and about where as I would've been sitting sleeping all day!

I actually don't want to weigh myself till the end of the 2 weeks - because I have issues with scales.

So tonight, I hope to sleep well as I had a long day. I also am feeling quite heaty - perhaps its Duromine making my heart rate faster ? I have a bit of heart racing feelings , but I'm not sure whether that's palpitations or what ? I am eating around 1000-1200 calories a day .... before Duromine I was consuming around 2000 calories, but my metabolism was wrecked already in the young teenage days of binging.

I want to ask to you who's reading this - did anyone suffer hair loss ? I so don't want to lose my thick hair.

6. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

Day 3 - feeling SO TIRED! haven't lost any weight. Ate 1300 calories today, feeling hungry. I think there's something wrong with me! Anyone shed light?

Didn't exercise - skipped today because I went on a day trip to a theme park. Still, felt little bursts of energy followed by periods of sleepiness. Coping, but feeling depressed.

Also side effects are heart racing, starting to see increased heart rate, and um, more hunger ? took a 2 hr nap in the afternoon.

I hope Duromine WORKS - I've got 8 KG to lose and i gained this much in 3 months - its taking over my life, and i am fatter than I have EVER been !

7. Pazzy

Pazzy New Member
    Registered

Hi Carotene,

What your feeling are some of the side effects of duromine, I also had a dry mouth, sleepless nights and increased heart rate but all should get better the longer you are on duromine. I was on it for one month only as i only wanted to lose 5kg but I didn't have an appetite nor did i lose any hair. I'm not sure why you are hungry but you may need to consult with your doctor and maybe you may need 40mg. Good luck, don't give up and i will be interested to hear about your progress.

8. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

Hi Pazzy,

I don't think I wanna take 40mg because of it's strength. I'm suffering a lot of side effects already as of 30mg on the 3rd day!

So, just a quick 3rd day Duromine Diary:

Walked for 4 miles, burned around 200 calories. Ate around 1200 so the net was 1000. I'm NOT losing much, judging by my clothes and its fit. I'm not using a scale for personal reasons and OCD, but still, I noticed I feel less bloated in the morning, and my armpit fat shrank A BIT! I'm excited! It's a little, it used to be very visible and now it's less visible, still there.

I also walked a lot around the neighborhood. I'm gonna add cardio tomorrow so hopefully it'll be ok. These few days have been mild exercise so no weight loss, I presume,

Side effects today were a dry mouth and a bit of hunger pangs! I'm not sure why i'm still getting hunger pangs ??? Does anyone else get them ?

I'm sleeping fine, I never really had insomnia except Day 1.

BTW I need your help - how long should I take Duromine in order for it not to lose it's effectiveness ? I'm planning on 2 weeks everyday, and the next 2 weeks on/off to wean me off.

9. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

Day 4 - I'm having hunger pangs and SOOO HUNGRY. I even ate some forbidden carbs and chocolate today! I felt like binging :(
    What's wrong with me? I'm on 30mg and am feeling tired, with bursts of energy, less dry mouth and NO insomnia, it's like there's no more side effects except a fast heart rate!
    I'm eating 1200 calories.

Anyone heplp ?

10. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

Day 7 - I'm SO TIRED. It's like Duro has NO effect. Didn't lose any weight - what's wrong with me????

11. carotene

carotene New Member
    Registered

Day 14 - 2 weeks. Skipped 1 day, and that was terrible, I binged on 2000 calories. Didn't exercise.
    Today I did some running but felt really bad. Usually I can't do it for 20 minutes but this time I did, probably due to Duromine.
    I feel like I lost maybe 1kg overall but not much. Maybe it's me not eating the right foods, I'm eating so much!
    Too much fruits too...

I shall continue Duro for another 2 weeks and hope to see another few KGs lost, hopefully, as I've started upping the exercise and reducing the food intake.