Hello - grateful for this support..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Molly2014, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Molly2014

Molly2014 New Member
    Registered

Hello All,
    I'm new. Second go at Duromine. First go in 2012 = 14kg weight loss over 3 months.

Didn't learn. Used it as a quick fix for my wedding. Have a 9mo baby girl... Weigh more today then the day I delivered. This has been weighing on me & spoiling my frame of mind every single day.

You might think - "go for a walk"?? I wont. Not until I'm not ashamed of how bad I have let myself go...

So, my particulars:

Australian :)
    29, 174cm, 95kg starting weight (no-one bar my Dr knows this) if I don't tell anyone I think they wont see it?? My goal weight is 75kg.

Apart from weight - I am happy, have high hopes & drive.

Would entirely appreciate the support... Thank you :)

2. Gooba

Gooba New Member
    Registered

Hi Molly, I'm new to it too. This is my first time on Duromine.

Good on you for being here, and being honest with yourself.

You need to push the negativity aside. If you feel like you won't go for a walk now - how are you going to make it a life change? If possible invest in a treadmill so you can walk in the security & comfort of your own surrounds.Or maybe walk in you're back yard, push your daughter in the pram??
    Embrace this opportunity.

I can relate, I am 32, mother to 5 yr old daughter & 6 yr old son. My goal ideally is 75kgs too. I'm hovering around 92kg mark at the moment. :):)

Molly2014 likes this.
  3. Molly2014

Molly2014 New Member
    Registered

I just feel so ashamed of my weight. I keep saying to myself once i lose 10kg ill go walking!

Im positive by nature but terribly down about personal appearance.

Onwards & upwards hey!

So glad to hear from you!

4. Gooba

Gooba New Member
    Registered

Don't be ashamed. Try and see the positive in everything - easier said than done at times. - I know!

You've taken the first step - you've met with your doctor - you're on Duromine.
    It'll fall in place. :)

Molly2014 likes this.
  5. Molly2014

Molly2014 New Member
    Registered

Thanks so much!
    As I said, onwards & upwards!
    Report back how you are going will you? Love to know! X

Gooba likes this.
  6. Gooba

Gooba New Member
    Registered

Yep! Agreed! Let's enjoy the ride!

* Day 5 for me on Duromine, have a review with my doctor tomorrow.

Molly2014 likes this.
  7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Hello, Molly! Welcome.
    Now, you're not a newbie, since you've already been on this path))
    I am sure this time you will stay on it for longer time, I can see it from your positive attitude.
    I wish you a great luck, although why luck? Let's say a strong willpower - you will need it the most!
    If any questions arise, feel free to ask. I'm trying to be honest with people, but I know inspiration is important too, so you did the first step and it's already a good start!
    You can do it!

Molly2014 likes this.
  8. Molly2014

Molly2014 New Member
    Registered

Thank you so much.

I had a baby inbetween & only put on 9.5kg my whole pregnancy. The bulk of the weight has been since. The change in daily activity & boredom I think.

Changing things as we speak. Hope I haven't posted in the wrong section (new) I thought it was new to this site / forum :D

20kg to lose. Wow that sounds like a big challenge. I'll be honest, I'm daunted but I'm trying :)

<3

K1M6ELEY and Gooba like this.
  9. K1M6ELEY

K1M6ELEY New Member
    Registered

Hi Molly
    Well you pretty much sum up where I am right now too! Second round I have a 6 month old and am also bigger than the day I had her now. I lost 20kg back in 2012 as well but put it all back on. I have had my last child now so I am more determined to lose it for good as well as be fitter for my 3 kids. I am currently 96kg but only 157cm tall. I feel I am right at my limits for coping with anymore weight gain as my feet have both developed planta fasciitis and it's crippling me. I am only 34 and it's time to turn things around and get my full life back for me and my kids.

Gooba likes this.
  10. Molly2014

Molly2014 New Member
    Registered

Just feel so proud of you for saying the truth to yourself & finding this group like I did last night. Seems like such a great group totally specific to us! :)

I always think about something Dr Phil says (can you tell I'm at home a lot?? ;))

What's worse then being unhappy for 1 year, 2 years (whatever applies to you)... Being unhappy for (that period) and 1 day! So at least we know this is the changing point!

Between you & I Kimberley, i do feel a bit worried that my relationship with food is unresolved... I associate food as a huge part of my day! I love food! If I am happt, sad, bored, busy out of my brain I'm looking forward to meal time or a snack i enjoy! I have to change this...

What's your vice?

Looking forward to hearing your weight loss goals being met :) How important to sort this out given your painful foot problems now.. Xx

11. K1M6ELEY

K1M6ELEY New Member
    Registered

Hi Molly I also am Australian.
    My vice is food. I tend to eat to make myself feel better due to emotional or stressful days. I mainly feel unattractive to my husband and most people around me and want to be the person I was before I gained so much weight. I feel I have clicked that switch to do it again the same one that helped me last time but am determined to follow through after losing the weight. I am already trying to set goals to keep it off.

12. Molly2014

Molly2014 New Member
    Registered

:) that's so good that you feel determined & in control. I must admit I do too :) determined at least.

Im so tired. I haven't slept in 2 days. Bring on some sleep tonight please God.

Btw you have no need to feel unattractive your display pic is beautiful. You do not look over weight!

13. K1M6ELEY

K1M6ELEY New Member
    Registered

Thank you. But it's just my face on a good angle. I am 97kg and only 157cm. Not a good bmi.
    I often have half a banana when I need to sleep. The magnesium relaxes you. Otherwise complete sleep is a good natural medication.

14. Molly2014

Molly2014 New Member
    Registered

:) must look into that as i had to skip yesterday's dose as I was so exhausted from zero sleep.

Ps i replied :)

15. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi. You might have not seen THIS
    Some of the tips helped me last time. I hope you too will find something helpful in it.

#15 Kate, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Gooba likes this.