Hello fellow weight loss friends

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Lisha, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Lisha

Lisha New Member
    Registered

Hello all!

Today is my third day using duromine (30mg).

Three days ago I decided to see my doctor about my weight issue. Currently sitting at 169cm and a unfortunate 118kg and only 21.

Going into the doctor was amazingly daunting, I felt ashamed that I have let myself get this heavy, but I just never felt as fat as I actually am. I have had a pretty bad diet for a long time, lollies, coke and chips were just to easy to eat a lot of.

I always have been very upset about my weight but never had motivation to change my ways. Until 2 weeks ago when my fiancé started talking about having a baby. It is not fair to bring a child into the world with a mum who is not healthy, due to possible complications and further health issue later in my life.

So....

I made the decision after a lot of conversation with my doctor to completely focus on my weight and life style changes. I need to get to 65-70kg before I will even consider beginning a family.

It is major motivation!!!

Day three of Duromine and I seem to be doing well. I am not too sure how well it has kicked in yet, because I read it can take some time. I have much more energy and am eating smaller portions, sometime I feel hungry but I just block it out. I haven’t had any side effects yet, sleeping like normal and everything else.

I have not had any caffeine (coke, energy drinks or coffee) or bad food. I must say I feel so much better than what I normally do.

I have one question:

My doctor put me on a program living lite, counting calories pretty much, and gave me a recipe book, i have read a lot in here about not eating carbs and most the meals in this book have carbs in them should I continue eating them????? HELP I don’t want to get this wrong!!

Lovely to be in this together

2. mumofthree

mumofthree New Member
    Registered

Hey Lisha

Great to hear things are going great. I was lucky like yourself and had no real bad side effects. I had my weigh in today and I have lost 3.3 kilograms. I was so happy with that result.

I am not sure what your doctor has told you but myself I am trying to be as realistic with things as I can whilst using duromine. Meaning that I am not eliminating everything out of my diet. Of course fatty foods are gone. I just think once the journey with duromine is over you have to be able to maintain the weight you have lost. Food chose changes, more protein and portion size is the key. And for me cutting out carbs altogether in my life is not sustainable. So my suggestion would be each food group in moderation. There is nothing like vegemite on toast for brekky. I would die if I had to eat porridge every morning for the rest of my life.

It sounds like the program the doctor has given you contains all food groups so that gives you an idea how to use all food groups and still loose weight.

I hope all of that makes sense. Some people may not agree with my comments but this is just my point of view.

All the best and I look forward to reading your posts on your progress. ;)

3. Lisha

Lisha New Member
    Registered

Thanks :) I have decided to have my carbs breakfast and lunch but not at dinner easy to maintain.

I had my first weigh in today I lost 3.4kg, yay!

4. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

As mumofthree said, you need to be realistic. There is no way I could gut all the bad things from my diet and then stick to it after coming off Duromine.

I'm keeping it real, my way.

Good luck with your journey.

Cheers.

5. EricaJ

EricaJ New Member
    Registered

With everything, its in moderation. There is so much information out there about what we should and should not be eating. Don't cut out absolutely everything or otherwise you may not enjoy food ever again.

Reduce food portions, think about what time you eat and explore other meal options. The weekly magazines (like Take 5, That's Life etc) sometimes have new recipe ideas...

6. Mum of 3

Mum of 3 New Member
    Registered

Hi Lisha, Im a new member here too. I just started Duromine today. Great loss :) Thats fabulous, good luck on your journey :)