Hello fellow duromine users :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Holi, May 22, 2011.

1. Holi

Holi New Member
    Registered

Hey guys,

I was so happy to find this wonderful forum!

I have just been given a perscription of duromine 30mg from my doctor. I have heard amazing things about this product like losing 7kg in a week! i have about 7kgs to lose (the last part is always the hardest for me) and i am really hoping that this drug will be the one that will do it for me. I have not been at my goal weight since i was in my mid twenties and i'm in my early thirties now.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences! They were all fantastic to read and I will be posting my experiences online too for others who wish to read.

If anyone has any tips of things to do that will make my experience with duromine safer (i am a little scared of this drug), please let me know.

Good luck to u all with ur weight loss! :)

-holi

2. rootesy

rootesy New Member
    Registered

Hi Holi,

I have also started on the 30mg yesterday, before I was on the 15mg for 3 weeks and I have lost over 6kg. I wish it was a bit more but a loss is a loss I suppose ;) I haven't had any side effects what so ever so I hope u don't get any as well.

My couple of tips is that u just can't keep eating crap while on Duromine. Some people think that it is some wonder drug that you can just keep eating crap and the weight will just fall off, that is just not the case. You have to watch what u eat. If the Duromine works u will not want to eat much, if not at all! But u have to eat something. I suggest that when u eat try to limit the amount of carbs (sugar) u eat and try to eat mostly protein! Because the body will use the carbs for energy first before anything else and when you eat too many carbs, the body will turn the excess carbs into body fat! When u eat protein the body actually burns energy to digest the protein and the body doesn't store protein as body fat, so when u eat mostly protein where does the body look too next for energy? Body fat!

So try to eat lean protein like eggs, lean red or white meat (tuna, rump, chicken breast, pork) and remember to cut the fat off! This diet is pretty expansive but it works well ;) And with the carbs, try to stay away from anything that comes in a wrapper!

And with exercise... just WALK for at least 30mins a day. Don't run, jog or lift weights, there is no need for it if u just want to lose weight. I followed this diet two years back and I lost 15kg in 12 weeks with no Duromine! But now with an ankle injury that just doesn't wanna fully heal up and 3 kids to look after, it would be just too hard to do with the time and money needed to do it. And remember to drink plenty of water as well!

And try to take the Duromine very early in the morning after some food! Say, before 6am. Otherwise you will be up all night, especially when starting Duromine for the first time!

Hope this helps you out and keep us posted!
    Cheers ;)

kazzbah likes this.
  3. Holi

Holi New Member
    Registered

hello rootesy!

Thanks for the tips. i am a low carber from before and i also lost about 10kg on it. It is pretty fantastic. I think when i start craving i will definitely take ur advice and have some grilled chicken or something. I don't think i can exercise at all after today, i went to the shops and was so short of breath just walking around. I am getting a lot of side effects but they are all mild i think. I'm glad that u didn't get any side effects :) I might go back to the doctor after a week just to get things checked out. Today i have managed to eat one small apple. was hoping to eat more veges but i can't complain i guess. It is amazing how strong this appetite suppressant is. Thanks for the warning on my other post, tbh what i am doing is not healthy but i'm so depressed about not being able to lose the last amount of weight that i'm taking a risk. my goal weight is a realistic one (i am only 5 foot) and i don't plan on having any caffeine as i understand that my cardiovascular system is under increased pressure, first with the drug and secondly with the rapid weight loss that will hopefully follow! hope my body can deal with it, i'm travelling soon and hope to be off the drug by then.

i hope ur ankle injury gets better soon and good luck!

keep in touch

-holi

4. Victoria

Victoria New Member
    Registered

Hey Holi,

Good luck with the weight loss - but I also second what rootesy says about making sure you eat!

The first week I found it hard to eat, but you need to force yourself - even if it's something simple and small like meat and veggies.

Think of it as fuel for the body to keep it running, because I'm sure if you starve your body without realising it, when you come off the tablets, you will also put the weight straight back on.

P.S Don't be worried about the medication too much - I found a lot of people (and internet reviews) rubbishing this pill and everyone going on about it being another version of speed - just do what's right for you and if you follow it properly with a balanced diet, drinking water and exercise then it'll work with no dramas!

Good Luck!

5. Shelby

Shelby New Member
    Registered

Also, if you don't eat during the day, the body will start to store fat as it thinks you are starving, so either have 6 small meals per day or 3 daily normal meals, also I am a good drinker, but have found that it suppresses your yearning for a drink ! (bourbon and coke is my undoing).

6. mw89

mw89 New Member
    Registered

Hi guys, ive just started duromine 30 mg and todays my 2nd day. i dont think ive gotten any side effects or anger from it, so i feel pretty good. So i was just wondering if you's have any tips on what type of food to eat while on duromine ???
    I feel almost scared that i dont want to eat ANY bad food, and instead ive skipped the meal. and i know thats not healthy. i was hoping maybe you's would know of any tips and ideas for lunches and dinner ?? for brakfast i have porridge/ oats with protein shake and i exercise regularly everyday. but i think im a bit paranoid as to what to eat for lunch, and dinner because i know i have to maintain a healthy diet during and after duromine, where other people think its a miracle drug .... etc. so i just want to build a healthy diet now instead of later/ any ideas would be much appreciated.
    im a healthy eater and i love going to the gym and for a run its just i find i eat TOO much and these days theres just so many options of fast food its ridiculous. i love subway, but my biggest goal is to cut down on my carbs because i love bread (multigrain and wholemeal) and ive cut out coke and fizzies, cordial, so now i just have water and i love it, because coke, cordial and bread are MY biggest weaknesses. so im trying to either cut down or cut out and i know in the end my body will thank me for it. but its just the food, i find myself contemplating whether or not i want to eat, but i know i have to. ?! eg for lunch i didnt want to eat a healthy omellette (but it had the yolks in it) so i skipped and had cellery instead ? I KNOW i could have just made an egg white omellette but i think i was paranoid ?? any suggestions or advise ? thanks

7. alex100412

alex100412 New Member
    Registered

hey i have started duromine 30 and nothing seems to be happening im still hungry and everythgin seems normal i was wondering if i should take 2 tablets? or if anyone has tried it before?

8. jo1434

jo1434 New Member
    Registered

Hi,
    I was on duromine a few weeks back - I was on 30mg for 2 weeks. I got awfully constipated so stopped. I have started again today with a plan of attack... - a high fibre diet to combat the constipation- will just have to watch the carbs. I found that the first week went really well and I lost 2.5 kg. Second week about 1kg. I got very emotional and anxious at the end of the second week - had a lot going on at work... hoping the duromine wasnt the cause.. I found it hard to eat sometimes but tried to eat small meals 4-5 times a day. I still had a few beers most nights (and a few extras on the weekend) which probably didnt help and will do it again this time...
    Will keep you posted on my progress:D

9. tia sapphira

tia sapphira New Member
    Registered

Hi , I just had my 1st pill today , and yesterday when the doctor explained to me about the pill and what to eat and not to eat , he mentioned to me that I can't drink plenty of water to avoid water retention , my doctor said to just sip water if I'm feeling dry or thirsty. One thing I see from all those taking the pill like me , they can eat fruits like apple all .. but my doctor told me to avoid fruits and spicy food .. may I know why is that so ? to avoid fruits ? i dont understand ..