Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stephen, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Hello everyone. My name is Stephen and I’m just starting a course of Duromine today. Having just recovered from the shock at the prescription price at the pharmacist I'm now looking to knuckle down and lose some weight. Really looking forward to talking to some of you and will be very keen to hear of any tips and advice you guys experienced when starting off in order to see off any anxiety about side effects, weight loss progress or motivation techniques.

Best wishes to you all with this journey we are taking - Stephen

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Stephen!:)
    I'm Kate nice to meet you.
    Yeah, the price...well, when it comes to such a serious issue I guess it's worth to try..
    Welcome to our place and good luck with your journey. You can keep posting your experience and we'll share some ours or give some tips.

Good day!

3. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Thanks Kate. Good to hear from you too.

4. mummajessjess

mummajessjess New Member
    Registered

hey Stephen,
    I know what you mean with the anxiety-reading about some peoples side effects freaked me out! all I can say is im on day 6 and u until now no side effects to report,important to eat and sleep as what I can see its the people not doing that which are feeling the worst-how have you found your first day?
    jess

Belinda likes this.
  5. Belinda

Belinda Member
    Registered

Welcome Stephen, good luck on your weight loss journey : ) I completely agree with Jess, it seems that when you are not fuelling your body with enough water and healthy snacks and meals whilst taking the tablets that's when the side effects can come on strong!

6. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Hi there Jess - Thanks for getting in touch with me. Well my first tablet is tomorrow morning as i only got the prescription today so I'll know tomorrow. I made the fatal mistake of asking Dr Google about this product and got all sorts of scare stories come up. Not going to think about all that now and take the leap tomorrow.

7. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Hi there Belinda - Thank you for your advice too, that's galling to know that the side effects can't be contained to the time immediately after you take a tablet. I eat a lot of fresh fruit during the day, I guess that's ok still isn't it? I'll grab a large bottle of water on the way in too. All advice is gratefully received.

Kate likes this.
  8. Bonnie

Bonnie New Member
    Registered

Welcome Stephen, yes, they are right, drink it before 7am, drinks lots of water and your should not experience any side affects, its works for me, all the best xoxo

9. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Hey there Bonnie, thanks for getting in touch. I'm taking in water with Camel like proportions today. It's hard to explain the sensation on day one, something akin to a light hangover but not a high. You do feel different, a little dizzy perhaps but it feels managable. Will see how the rest of the day goes.

Bonnie and Belinda like this.
  10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Stephen! Once you eat your small porton meals regularly - you should not feel bad at all. Some people think they must stop eating food, while taking the pills)))) Yes you are losing weight, but still your body needs a fuel to stay in a good shape. You do great so far.;)

Belinda likes this.
  11. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate. I actually did feel better after eating lunch today. Thank you very much for your support.

Kate likes this.
  12. butterpops

butterpops New Member
    Registered

I'm on day one too, and i'm feeling a little lightheaded! My stomach growls but i don't feel like eating. Not sure if its the pill or just my mind willing it to work. Hope all goes well with you! :)

13. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Butterpops: Do have something, you'll feel much better. I do now. Day one's done, we both can crack this challenge.:)

14. Loulou

Loulou New Member
    Registered

Welcome butterpops & stephen. At Stephen I also made the mistake of reading the stories I found on google and wanted nothing to do with Duromine. Then I received an invite to a friends wedding & I was desperate to loose weight(my friend called off her wedding last week but I am still going to continue with D). I agree with everyone regarding eating small meals & drinking lots of water makes a huge difference. I started 4 weeks ago and no side effects except for extream hunger pains on day 2&3. But after advise from Kate I never had any again. Also some valuable advise, do not compare your weight loss with that of other people. It will just make you dispondent and miserable when you don't loose the same amount as them. We are each on our own journeys and our bodies are all handling being on D in its own way.

Good luck to you both

Kate and mummajessjess like this.
  15. butterpops

butterpops New Member
    Registered

Thank you Loulou for the kind and helpful words :) i often compare my progress with others and give up after a while, which is really bad.

16. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Hey Loulou - Thank you for taking the time to write today. I have a target weight I'm aspiring to, but I'm not going to be despondent if the weight doesn't come down immediately. I see this medication as a transitory aid since the long term approach will be to eat healthily and live well. I'm glad I'm not the only one to get spooked by the horror stories; I did take a deep breath this morning before taking the first tablet. This morning was quite spacey, but by the afternoon things seemed to settle down.
    Thanks again for your well wishes.

17. Kezzamcc

Kezzamcc New Member
    Registered

Hey Stephen welcome to the club :) I am on Day 9, never thought in my life I would use Duromine. I am so happy with it so far I have heaps more energy and I feel very little hunger pains. I still eat 3 meals a day and 2 small health snacks. After 9 days I have lost weight and am looking forward to the next 2.5 months on the tablets to see what great habits can be formed. I am also bravely keeping a photo diary - good bad and ugly. I want to see what others are seeing and I want to look back on a place I never want to be again.

Kate likes this.
  18. Stephen

Stephen New Member
    Registered

Hi Kezzamcc - That's a superb start, I hope I can achieve the same in the same short amount of time. I don't feel any stigma for using Duromine, frankly because before yesterday, I'd never heard of it. For all of us it’s probably a temporary means to an ends where we can continue to maintain our ideal weight without medication. Hope the photo diary is a great incentive for you; I'm starting with something more mundane tomorrow: some new bathroom scales.

Thanks for getting in touch & sharing your experience & good luck too.:)

19. Loulou

Loulou New Member
    Registered

You guys are welcome. I spoke to the person that introduced me to Duromine yesterday, she stopped it two months ago due to ill health and started a week ago again. So I asked her how its going and she said fabulous she's lost 4kgs in her first week. I was totally happy for her but asked her what eating plan she used & if she started at a gym. Her reply was I am not eating because I am not feeling hungry, I have a fruit or two during the day when I do feel hungry. And she is having a hell of a time with bad side effects and once she stops taking Duromine the loss weight comes back three fold. I told her to join the forum as the advise I receive is very helpful. But also pointed out that not eating could be doing more harm then good in the long run. Yeah its great to loose so much in your first week but at what cost. Don't get me wrong I am not saying its not possible but at the end of the day like Stephen said taking Duromine is a transition aid but long term planning could be the key in keep all the shed kilo's off once you stop taking Duromine.

Hence me saying do not compare your own journey with someone elses.

And lastly I have experienced that some times I don't loose alot in kgs but the cetimetre loss is huge and it makes a huge difference.

Good luck and lets keep the support going

Kate likes this.
  20. mummajessjess

mummajessjess New Member
    Registered

totally agree loulou-you have to stop taking it eventually and then what? you get hungry and you haven't learnt anything-good luck to everyone