1. Hi Guest, please read about new forum structure
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Live chat was removed from the Home page of the forum. You can access it in the Shoutbox section.
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy me here I come...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 154, Nov 11, 2017.

1. 154

154 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    119.4 kgs
    Current Weight:
    116.7 kgs
    Height:
    164 cm
    Lost:
    2.7 kgs
    Goal Weight:
    70 kgs
    Hi, I'm a 48 year old mother of four - with three of my children aged between 5 - 9. My work means I'm at the computer most of the time, and I've always had problems controlling my sweet tooth (esp chocolate) etc. I started on Duromine on Thursday, so this is day 3 for me. I'm on 15 mg per day, and so far so good. Energy up, appetite down, and no side effects apart from waking up early and being a bit more wakeful at night. Already it's been amazing, and after so many false starts at trying to get the weight off I feel confident that I can now do it. Onwards!

mystyblue likes this.
  2. fuzzybear

fuzzybear New Member
    Registered

Hi 154, I am new to this forum too. I started Duromine on Thursday like you, so this is my 4th day today, also on 15 mg per day. So far all is good, like you, I'm waking up earlier and my appetite is down too. Hoping to lose about 14kgs and more would be great. Good luck!

3. 154

154 New Member
    Registered

Hi Fuzzybear - thanks for your message. It's really heartwarming and encouraging to hear from someone else who's started at the same time and having the same experience. I have absolutely non doubt that you'll do great, 14 kgs seems like a very reasonable amount of weight to lose with the help of Duromine (in my four days of experience lol). Good luck to you too!

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Welcome to the forum, 154 and Fuzzybear! May your Duromine journeys go in a perfect pace and hopefully you will provide each other with some great support, just like all other users of this forum. Best of luck and keep it strong!

5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

154, hi! How do you feel today?

6. 154

154 New Member
    Registered

Hi April - thanks for your message. I feel great. I had my first visit with the nurse today, it's been 7 days since I started on Duromine and I've lost 4.9 kgs. As you can imagine I'm over the moon about it. I've been doing everything right, in that I'm doing plenty of exercise and I looked back over my weeks logs and was surprised to see that for the first time in my life I ate completely healthy, small portions, and no sugary/fatty foods for a week. Who is this woman? It's amazing what's possible with the help of Duromine. Am working on developing those healthy habits so that it sticks once I come off. What a great headstart this is giving me. Yayyyyy!

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Wo-ho-ho! Just look at you going! Amazing weight loss!! Sincere congratulations!! Indeed, you are doing everything correctly and I am really happy that Duromine helps you with that. You said it so correctly – developing and getting used to healthy habits is probably among the major things that you need to do while on Duromine. Keep it up! Whatever you do, it obviously works =)) high five!

8. 154

154 New Member
    Registered

Thanks April. Onwards!

April likes this.
  9. fuzzybear

fuzzybear New Member
    Registered

Well done 154! 4.9kgs!! That's amazing! Keep up the good work!

April likes this.
  10. mystyblue

mystyblue New Member
    Registered

Hi,
    Congrats on your achievements to date, must make you feel awesome :)

I’m 42 and a mum of 2 and started 40mg today - I have a chronic back prob that limits my physical capacity and despite following a healthy lifestyle I can’t shift the weight I’ve put on after my injury. So, I’m trying the duromine.

In general feeling ok. Had buzz type feeling after first taking tablet this morn but it eased after a while. Reduced appetite. Late arvo feeling a bit tired and now tonight feeling same buzz/fuzzy. Feels a bit ‘prickly’ the buzz in my head - weird lol. I’m hoping I don’t experience too much insomnia tonight and the side effects diminish :)

11. fuzzybear

fuzzybear New Member
    Registered

Good luck with it all mystyblue. Can't wait to hear about your weight loss next week. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

mystyblue likes this.
  12. mystyblue

mystyblue New Member
    Registered

13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

@fuzzybear, how are you? How is your weight loss going?

@mystyblue, Welcome to the Forum and wish you a successful weight loss. Hopefully, your worries about sleeplessness were groundless and you managed to sleep well.

Have a great week everyone on this thread! =)

• Like us on Facebook