Havent started

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by traylee01, Sep 5, 2011.

1. traylee01

traylee01 New Member
    Registered

i am thinking about taking these pills but im worried about the bad side affects.
    I was on diet shakes optifast, started at 106kgs got down to 86kgs and fell pregnant, that was 2yrs ago, i didnt gain while pregnant thank fully, but now over time have crept back up to 101kgs.

How many of you have experience the really bad side affects, the ones that could be life threatening, hubby doesnt want me taking them due to them being mind alterining drug.

do you think the only reason why you lose weight on them is because your not eating anything or barely anything, (do you think the drug actually works if you were to eat the same way) as in you eat every 2hrs small frequent meals and the right meals,

I would like to hear from everyone but those more so who are still eating and see the difference, as im worried they actually only work due to you starving yourself.

2. shirleygal

shirleygal New Member
    Registered

hello trylee01

I can't say the reason you loose weight is bcause u barely eat.I started using duromine on the 31/08/2011 and my starting weight was 103kg and and today(06/09/2011) i weigh 99.9kg.i stil eat but i watch what i eat and eat small potions(lots offruitsand veg,low fat yougut).The site effects that i experienced so far is dry mouth,the other day i sleept for 3 hours luckily it was during the weekend bt i didn't feel tired during the day,slight headechs and i feel like i want to vomit if i don't drink water,so you must drink water.i do cardio three times a week and zumba two times a week.good luck :)

3. wisp

wisp New Member
    Registered

@traylee,
    I am eating and still losing but you must eat right IMO , on a typical day i have a either a fruit or whole grain for breakfast , for lunch either noodles/soup or salad and for dinner grill chicken (no skin) or fish or fruit smoothies or pasta . You must eat small portions otherwise your body goes in to starvation mode and then actually stores the fat that you are trying to burn off , avoid caffine rather drink 100% pure fruit juice when u get fed up with water (and trust me you will get so sick of drinking water ) and stay away from red meat , thats what i am doing . Not everyone's metabolism is the same , you have got to find your comfort level and then go for it .
    Good luck and hope it works for you :)

4. traylee01

traylee01 New Member
    Registered

thank you guys, yea i use to also watch it with calorie king, i use to have one poached egg breaky with juice, like crackers with vegemite snacks, and like dinner steak and vegies

5. Quinney

Quinney New Member
    Registered

Hi there, I follow the weight watchers plan while on this. Yes I have found my appetite is more supressed but definatly nowhere near not wanting to eat. I have my 3 meals a day but watch my portion sizes. If I feel like a snack I head for the fruit. As for side affects, dry mouth but thats all good as it's making me drink the water I should be drinking. Sleep would be the main side affect but as time goes on that seems to get better. I find the days I do exercise I sleep better than the days I don't. As for the optifast & other shake diets I have found that they might work for a start but eventually you have to go back to eating instead of shakes for meals which to me is not the way you are going to live thats why I like the weight watchers programme as it teaches you to eat healthy & in a way you can for the rest of your life if you do it right. Any way thats only my thoughts. Good luck for what ever you choose to do