Have to stop duromine...

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by alacrity, Jun 19, 2014.

1. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

Since starting D I have gotten plantar Fibroma all over the bottom of my feet, around 3 weeks now. My doctor has asked me to stop taking D for a few weeks to see if my feet get any better. I am really disappointed as I really feel like I was starting to get somewhere with my eating habits.

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh((( too bad..I'm sorry
    But what stops you from continuing the same diet? Have you given up already?? Try it, maybe you will not need more pills and you will be able to control the appetite. Who knows..
    Just don't give up please!

Amanda2807 and Bexx like this.
  3. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

The issue is that I have been seeing counsellors and psych's for the last 15 years, trying to get some control over my eating, to no avail. This is why I was now on D.

4. Sindi

Sindi New Member
    Registered

Hi, when I started D my doctor told me to change my eating habits, I had to eat fruits and veggies, had to cut out meat, starch and wheat. On weekends though I could have those foods, but as soon as I started with the healthy eating, come weekends I just couldn't eat those foods, cause my body was used to not getting them anymore. I have had to stop taking D because of a severe side effect but still continuing with my healthy eating habits. Do not give up you can still do it without the D, cut out a few things first and then see how it goes.

Audrey3 likes this.
  5. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

The reason I was on D is because for me it is not as simple as eating 'right', I just can't do it. It's like putting an alcoholic in a fully stocked bar and telling them not to drink. I know how to eat right, I just can't do it.

6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, then there was no point to even start Duromine, because even if you will lose enough weight, you will gain it back eventually. Once Duromine is no longer in your system - your hunger is back and old eating habits too. Sorry, but I think you did the right thing.

7. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

So with that line of thinking an alcoholic, drug addict or someone with an eating disorder can not change.

8. Daniela1989

Daniela1989 New Member
    Registered

I think that you need to address your internal issues before you address your external addiction with food. The same way an alcoholic or a drug addict would confront their problem. People who are addicted to food (or any other addictive substance) are usually trying to fill a void or a deeper issue. Maybe if you continue to fight and try to understand what's driving your addictive eating habits you might be able to stick to a life of healthy eating and choices. If the psych/counsellor route didn't work for you, surely there are some other channels out there? Do some more research. I wish you all the best.