Have started my weight loss journey :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lifestylechange, Oct 26, 2012.

1. lifestylechange

lifestylechange New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, my names Elle (20yo)

So i started Duromine 30mg yesterday after months of trying to lose weight. I am an emotional eater and after the sudden passing of my father at the start of the year i found myself eating a hefty amount of junk food to make myself feel better. Over the past few months I have been trying my hardest but can not stay away from the bad foods, my cravings get the better of me. So I thought I would discuss the option of Duromine with my doctor and sure enough he was happy to trial it on me for a few months and see how I'm going, his only concern was that once i go off it i will fall back into my old habits. So we decided that for me, I will have two months on Duromine, and then have a month off and try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and then go back on it to get down to my goal weight. Which I was happy with, and cant wait to hopefully see some results.

Starting weight- 80.5kgs
    BMI- 27.9
    Goal weight- 65kg
    Goal BMI- 22.5

Day 1- Starting weight 80.5 -Set my alarm for 7am and took the pill and had some yoghurt for breakfast, as the day kicked on I felt like I had +++ energy. I went for a run and surprised myself with how far i actually ran. Wasn't hungry all day, but made myself eat healthy meals. SE- Dry mouth, but keeping up with my fluid intake assisted with that.

Day 2- Weight was 80.3 - Woke at 6am for my pill and small bfast (returned to bed and slept until 8am, as I'm on holidays) Had a light sleep, but slept for a around 9 hours all up. Woke up feeling great, not as much energy as yesterday but still very 'alive'. Wasn't hungry at all. Cleaned the house and as i was scrubbing the shower I nearly blacked out after standing up too fast, this happened twice. When i got out I was reminded to have some lunch which helped with the dizzy spells. Had a busy day, had a few healthy snacks to keep me going but forgot to have my dinner, started feeling nauseas and had something to eat at around 1030pm. OOPS. SE's - Dizzy, Dry mouth. feeling as thought i could sleep now and its 1230am. So I'm off now to sleep and will keep you posted with my progress :)

2. AshleyJayne

AshleyJayne New Member
    Registered

Good luck Elle :)
    I'm in the same boat as you, my father passed away 1 year ago and since then my weight just sky rocketed! Duromine has been working great for me so far :)
    Best of luck making it to your goal weight :)

3. lifestylechange

lifestylechange New Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear that AshleyJayne, and i am glad that you are seeing good results with the duromine :)

i have so far nearly lost 2 kgs, looking forward to day 5 way in. I have also been doing heavy work outs at the gym everyday and i think this is helping me with my sleeping!
    Best of luck :)