Has anyone tried weight watchers in conjunction with D?

Discussion in 'General Diet Plans and Questions' started by Kyra, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has done weight watchers before and what the results were?

I understand that it is a really good way to improve your lifestyle but for the weightloss results I want it doesn't make that much sense?

It allows you to eat unhealthy food as long as it is in your allocated point range, but how can that be healthy, wouldn't eating a chocolate a day just increase your bad sugar and slow down weightloss?

Hope someone else understands this because I dont have a clue.

christine V likes this.
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Kyra, why are you wondering anyway? Is it so hard for you not to eat healthy?
    Personally, I don't believe any of these weight watchers, that promise you a great weight loss without efforts.
    But that's just me.

christine V likes this.
  3. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Kate, the reason I asked is because a family member has just joined the program and I don't agree with the fact that they make allowances for unhealthy food.

So I am asking if this program has been working for anyone and what the logic behind the unhealthy food allowance is.

So it has nothing to do with "it being so hard for me" I am personally following a Low GI eating plan.

Kyles and Kate like this.
  4. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Kate, the reason I asked is because a family member has just joined the program and I don't agree with the fact that they make allowances for unhealthy food.

So I am asking if this program has been working for anyone and what the logic behind the unhealthy food allowance is.

So it has nothing to do with "it being so hard for me" I am personally following a Low GI eating plan.

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh, I'm sorry then:oops: didn't mean to hurt you, was just surprised to read this.
    Well, you are right - this program is quite doubtful...still, if there is someone, who succeeded on it, then it is worth to try for your family member.;)

6. jessc12

jessc12 New Member
    Registered

I tried Weight Watchers and it did not work precisely for the reason given - I was able to eat chocolate and have an energy drink as long as I saved points for it. Also I have fructose malabsorption so it does not take into account the fact that any wheat I eat helps me to gain weight! I do much better without it, knowing there is no "cheating".

7. jenny78

jenny78 New Member
    Registered

I'm was doingweight watchers recently, Pre duromine I lost 4.2kg which took awhile was very slow with some weeks only 300gram losses. I agree its too easy to eat crap as long as you eat healthy the other half of the day. I now use a calorie counter and sticking to 1200 to 1300 calories a day is reasonably easy. Plus with the help to control appetite from duromine I lost 1.2kg in the last 5 days without any problems.

bring.it.on.2015 likes this.
  8. summerbutterfy

summerbutterfy New Member
    Registered

I've always had good success with weight watchers in the past without duromine and with duromine.

With duromine, I find it hard to meet my current points of 39 a day. I find I don't really crave junk. If I have sweet cravings, it's usually for fruit (which is Free Points on the weight watchers diet - I can eat 3 mangoes in a day and I still loose weight at the end of the week).

I also get 42 points a week that can be eaten all at once for a treat meal or spread out through the week - and I still loose weight.

Weight watchers is designed to loose about 500 grams a week safely. I get raised eyebrows and met with happy surprise with my weight loss being anywhere between 1.2kg and 2.5kg a week due to the duromine being used by prescription in conjunction with it.

Yeah you can eat unhealthy foods with Weight Watchers and still loose weight. But a can of coke is like approximately 8 points out of my total of 39 points!! Why would I do that when I could eat 300grams of chicken breast and feel fuller and happier for half of that???

You find out quickly, those unhealthy foods can be eaten but in extreme moderation.

Weight Watchers is calculated on Fat Content Vs Sugars Vs Protein Vs Fiber. The higher the fat - the higher the points. The higher the sugar - the high the points. The fiber counter acts the rest - the more fiber it has, the less points it'll be. The same with protein - meats can tend to be quite low. Fruits and vegetables (except starchy ones) and free points.

Considering how the duromine can exasperated keeping to the diet - being able to calculate 39 points in the phone tracker and weighing in each week for me is better than counting calories and weighing in at home. It's more of a schedule and you go each week and it's exciting to have it recorded in your little book and then you record it and track it online.

The points go down with your weight to a minimum of I think 28 or 29 points at your goal. Once you reach goal - weight watchers is usually free for life.

Also, any activity can earn you points which in the phone tracker automatically adjusts.

Yes, weight watchers is worth it and I've tried a lot of diets. It's more of a lifestyle change and feels a lot less restrictive.