Has anyone gone from 30mg to 40mg?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Rosie C, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

I am on 30mg and it is not working for me at all. 16 days and only 2kgs loss is insane for what i'm consuming and how much i'm exercising - let alone the $60 worth of tablets it's taken for the 'effort'! Just back from the Dr and he thinks that 2kgs is great - I'm underwhelmed and feel like with what I'm doing that was probably achievable without drugs.

Hoping to go from 30mg to 40 mg for my next prescription (month 2). Has anyone had experience with this? i.e.: 30mg not really working and then moving on to 40mg and getting results/same/no real effects?

Any information appreciated!

2. LollyTerror

LollyTerror Member
    Registered

Can't help with the increased dose question but can certainly relate to your frustrations! I've been losing about 1 kg a week and I am eating like a good girl and exercising like there's no tomorrow. I've been doing 6-8 group fitness classes a week (step, pump, attack) and Lite n Easy with no sneaky lollies or chocs and feel a bit ripped off! It's great to hear about others losing 3 or 4kg a week, but why can't we all do that? All I can tell myself is weight loss is weight loss and keep plugging along. I've lost 4kg in total now and I'm feeling better about myself, so that's a bonus, right? Keep us up to speed on how the 40mg goes and if it makes much difference.

3. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Thats great LollyTerror! Yeah, It's quite perplexing when you're dong ALL the right things and it's taking so long. Fine, when you're doing it alone, but using Duromine you expect at least some help. Reading about the 3-7kgs in a week doesn't help sometimes. But this is a great support network here in the forum. Stay in contact and let me know how you go! :)