Guy - Starting today.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pokey, Oct 11, 2017.

1. pokey

pokey New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Height:
    Hi all
    Just started on 40mg today. A guy in my early 30's - have a hard time controlling my weight due to a bit of a crazy lifestyle due to a seriously ill child and associated demands on my time. Also a very busy person, don't have much free time. Always been very active (very strong in my legs/body etc, lots of endurance), but struggled to shift weight lately after putting it on due to bad habits due to comfort/stress/quick eating between meetings.
    I'm cutting off the beer and wine, cutting back on the comfort food, thinking of going a little extreme for a while Eddie McGuire style to get the first chunk off as well. Also started on the C25K app/programme (Couch to 5K) on the treadmill today to get moving. Also having some apple cider vinegar as well with my water. No fizzy drinks etc.
    Don't even know really why I'm posting this... but yeah. Here I am.

Meangirl and Librarian like this.
  2. Rob84

Rob84 Member
    Registered

Good luck mate! Look forward to your updates!

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Pokey! It is so nice to see another man on his way to a healthier self! Couch to 5K sounds like a great program, but, as I tell to any person, who wants to lose weight, you need to add some strength exercises to your cardio routine, if you want to shift your weight faster.

As for Eddie McGuire style… it can be too harsh for your body – first, and secondly – people should eat while on Duromine. Otherwise, you might be hit severely with side effects, and it’s not a joke. Drink more and eat consciously while on Duromine. When you’re off – do it any style you want. But don’t pose yourself to such a serious threat when you’re on it. (Besides, no one can tell for sure what Eddie did to lose that weight, and the fact that he advertises something doesn’t mean that he truly used it, you know…)

Don’t forget to increase your water and be careful with the vinegar, and of course BEST OF LUCK!!! I hope on hearing some great news on the progress going very soon! =)) All the best

Librarian likes this.
  4. pokey

pokey New Member
    Registered

Day 2
    -3.3kg (116.7)
    Feeling good :).

Meangirl likes this.
  5. Librarian

Librarian Member
    Registered

My goodness I just looked up the Eddie McGuire diet - that is very extreme! Nothing but herbal tea for two weeks then not much more after that. I wouldn't be able to function.

6. pokey

pokey New Member
    Registered

I'm not doing the full thing - basically a slightly more bit of food version, without the initial fast.
    I never was a big eater for sustenance to be honest, it's only been the last decade or so with comfort food (i.e. eating because I'm enjoying it, not because I'm actually hungry) - the duromine feels like it's switched my body back to how I was. I'm eating dinner only, and that's consisted of a couple of chopped veggies (pumpkin, broccoli, carrot, chick peas) and about 100-150g of chicken breast chucked in the pressure cooker. Obviously that's not sustainable ongoing - and there will be times at functions etc while I'm in this cutting period that I won't be able to avoid more food - but hopefully will help me cut out a big chuck, and I can sustain a more healthy intake from there.

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Well, I get your idea about the nutrition. Hopefully, everything works the way you are planning. It’s just hard for me to imagine how on earth will your body NOT gain weight when you get into a normal healthy eating (about 1400-1600 cal) after being on not more than 500 calories for a long time. I will pray for a good outcome and wish you all the luck!

I hope that you do have a serious stock of muscles, because eating so scarce and exercising at the same time might actually reduce your muscle mass. Insufficient fueling while exercising is… well.. dangerous, especially when you are on Duromine.

However, you seem to be decisive and hope this lasts and brings the results. Have a nice day!

Librarian likes this.
  8. pokey

pokey New Member
    Registered

Thanks for your input April and support, it is appreciated :).

I do have a decent muscle mass, which has always been one of my frustrations - it's there underneath the fat!

The theory (which I have spoken about with some people about and have some backing for) is that given the muscles are active and being used, the body will look to the fat stores for sustenance - if I was not using the muscles, it would also look to them to take back from.

While I am expecting some bounce back when I go back to a regular eating schedule, I am planning on managing that through diet. The thought here is that given the big cut that I'm doing now, bounce back will be manageable.

Update time - had unavoidable corporate functions over the weekend, but managed them the best that I could - VERY happy that I've managed the results that I have considering the food that I had to eat (burger, souvlaki, and a Big Mac for McHappy Day)!
    Day 6, -4.6kg (115.4)

Meangirl likes this.
  9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Pokey, congratulations on great result! How do you feel?

Do you exercise?

10. pokey

pokey New Member
    Registered

Feeling great - a bit sore because I'm doing more (on top of it being a busy time of year for me as well), but feeling good. Exercising as well, keeping up with the C25K and weights/enduro activities.

Day 8, -5.7kg (114.3)

11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

CRAZY! The weight loss progress is amazing! And I am glad that you feel well and keep to your program. That’s the spirit! Keep moving towards your goal. Looking forward to another update and hope you will uncover the mystery of your nutrition. I bet, many people wonder what you eat. Cheers

• Like us on Facebook