Graves' disease and duromine

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Angii1990, Jul 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Angii1990

Angii1990 New Member
    Registered

hey All

I was diagnosed with Graves' disease in February and have been on medication since, my thyroid is back into normal range now. My doctor said it's up to me if I wanted to go on duromine but he said it can affect my thyroid again. Can anyone shed some light? I would really love to start using it to start my weight loss journey

Thanks

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Angii1990! Welcome to the forum, and no matter the outcome, I wish you a successful weight loss journey, with or without Duromine. If your doctor is a general practitioner, and not an endocrinologist, I would strongly advise you to consult an endocrinologist. If he is, you will probably need to go through frequent regular controls, if you decide to take Duromine. In your case, doctors know what’s the best way to act. Not a single person here can tell you for sure, what you should do. Good luck, though! Don’t despair!