Going well. 5 Weeks to go on 30mg

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Scottyh, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Scottyh

Scottyh New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    90kg
    Current Weight:
    83kg
    Height:
    183cm
    Lost:
    7kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Hi all.
    I wanted to try Duromine because I had developed some bad eating habits, had put on a fair bit of weight in a short time and was starting to snore and feel uncomfortable.
    I didn’t have a lot to lose, but I was still in the overweight range and needed a little help to get rid of it.
    My main issue was overeating. In the year prior, I had gradually increased my overall portions which then included desserts. I found that I was getting frantic if I didn’t overeat.
    The Doc started me on 15mg and after a week I found they had no effect so I went back and I was put on 30mg.
    I took the tablet first thing every morning and have not suffered any significant side effects other than a bit of mild dry mouth now and then and a little restlessness on the odd night.
    I found water intake was important and only seemed to get dry mouth or restless if I didn’t drink enough. I aim for 2.5-3ltr a day and as long as I carry it with me, I find it’s pretty easy to do.
    I haven’t had huge drops in weight, and it has been a bit up and down depending if I went out celebrating. But in saying that, I have lost about 100g a day on average and have been able to adjust my portion sizes.
    Most days I am not taking in enough calories which has had an effect on my overall weight loss. I think if I had the correct intake, I would lose more. Overall though, I am very happy so far. The only thing I wish though is that I started on the 30mg and not the 15mg as I have lost about two weeks off the three months.
    I have lost 7kg so far, mostly by portion control. I have changed my diet slightly by cutting out the majority of bread and all soft drinks. I have slightly increased exercise but not enough to mention really. It still takes a bit of will power but Duromine definitely helps.

Rava and Louise Kaye like this.
  2. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi right back at ya @Scottyh :)

In regards to huge drops in weight - please don't compare yourself to what others are losing! Everybody has a different set of problems, and individually of course we are all unique - stands to reason that Duromine will work differently for each and everyone of us :)

Its of my opinion, that the people with not much to lose and are already eating reasonably sensibly don't drop big numbers. If your issue is just portion control (like you stated) than its not unreasonable to think that you are already eating quite healthy, but need the help Duromine gives to make your meals smaller, and maybe implement an exercise program along the way.

Others may be on Duromine because their patterns are way out of control with excessive hunger and cravings - they then make big changes in their diet, as for the first time their appetites are suppressed and they are not hungry. Salt, sugars and carbs are dramatically reduced, and to top it off, exercise starts to become an everyday occurrence - of course a big drop in numbers on the scale will happen.

A goal of mine when it comes to calories and eating - is what choices can I make NOW that I know I will be able to continue doing after my course of Duromine runs out. Its all about sustainability IMHO.

So please have a look at your calories and track what you eat, you want to make sure you are eating healthily and sensibility so that when you finish Duromine you can keep your new habits going strong :)

Have a look at a food tracker like "My Fitness Pal" or "Lose It" - both have free options as well as apps for all phones :)

3. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Scottyh - hope you have been going well, this last week :)

4. Sina

Sina New Member
    Registered

Hello Rava

Please assist me here, I do not want to eat at all, like I can go a day on just one small apple, no appetite whatsoever, will that slow my weight loss progress?

Thank you

Rava likes this.
  5. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Sina - hi and welcome :)

I replied over in your other post hun!

If you "post a new thread" pink button on top right side of your screen at the start of posts - it will make it a lot easier for you to keep track of your posts/questions and answers *hugs*

Sina likes this.