Getting smaller but numbers barely changing??

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by jrw, Jul 17, 2017.

1. jrw

jrw New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone :)

So I have been having amazing results with Duromine, however I am extremely confused because although I am losing weight the scales aren't shifting much at all.

The 1st time the doctor weighed me I had lost 6kg in the 1st month

The 2nd time I had lost nothing ..infact I had gained half a kilo. (even though I KNOW I had lost a significant amount because my clothes were looser and I had gone down a size in jeans.

Now yesterday I was weighed, and I had lost 3kg.

So it brings me to a total of 9kg.
    According to my doctors scales, I weight 73kg roughly, but I am wearing clothes I used to wear when I was weighing 64kg. In my eyes, I feel so much smaller than that figure and like I've lost a lot more. My boyfriend and others have thought the same. My goal was to get back to 64kg but apparently that's 9kgs away and both my boyfriend and I both think I would like scrawny if I lost another 9kg.

My doctor said maybe its muscle from exercise, but I don't really do much apart from walking (I know I should).

Does anyone know what could be going on?? It makes me have a very warped view of what I look like, when I am happy enough when I look in the mirror and I think I am a certain size.... But the scales aren't matching up with my reflection or clothes.

Don't get me completely wrong, I am happy about my weight loss, but also very confused.

Any help, thoughts or words of encouragement would be much appreciated as this is doing my head in!

2. Melonhelen

Melonhelen Member
    Registered

Hey jrw, you are not alone! I've had similar results as you. Lost 6 kilos in 3 weeks then nothing for 3 weeks then weighed in at the doctors and had lost another 3 so down 9 kilos. In the time that I had lost no weight, I was losing centremetres. I am doing weights(small ones) so figured I was just building muscle. I'm 84 kilos now and have been a fit and toned 64 kilos a few years ago but I think I will look pretty similar to that sitting at 70kg or even a bit higher. The human body is amazing and a women's body can change so much over time-long or short! I know I haven't really answered your question completely but know that it is normal :)

April likes this.
  3. jrw

jrw New Member
    Registered

Thank you!!
    That does actually help a lot, and makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one experiencing this and I'm not just imagining things!

I'll just keep at it, as long as I'm happy with what I see...I guess it shouldn't matter so much.

Great work on your weight loss too :)

Melonhelen and April like this.