First weigh-in....

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by lovecat, Apr 16, 2014.

1. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi.
    So, firstly, i need to correct my opening weight from my intro thread, according to my drs records i was 62.5kg. I dont have scales, so i had to wait til i seen my dr which was today, day 26, and im now 61.5kg.
    Only 1kg :(
    My dr said it was probably to be expected as i dont have a huge amount to lose, and because im only on 15mg.
    Its still disheartening.
    So now she has written me a script for 30mg. She tells me i will lose more weight, and it shouldnt be too much of a shock to my body because its had a month to get used to 15mg.
    I hope she is right. She told me i can take my last 4 15mg capsules over 2 days if i want, 2 a day, but i wont, i will take them 1 a day as i have been and start on 30mg as of Monday.
    My side effects have still been mild, i can live with them, and i hope the change from 15mg to 30mg wont be a bad experience.
    She told me it may take a week for my body to get used to the jump in dosage.
    So there u have it. I was hoping to have better news, but oh well, whats done is done.
    Surely its all uphill from here??
    I will try my best to stay positive and hopefully will have better news at my next weigh-in in a month.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this anyway.

Joanne87, Baby45 and Scribbles like this.
  2. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Lovecat, I am sure you will see better results with the 30 mg. It is quite safe to take two 15 mg capsules as your doctor suggested. Since you do not have bad side effects you should do fine on the higher dosage, and it is great that you take Duromine under the supervision of you doctor. Stay positive and keep to healthy eating plan combined with some exercise and you should see results soon! Please keep us updated:)

3. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi.
    Just thought i'd update incase anyone is interested. Second weigh in today: 60.8kg. A loss of 0.7kg. Staying on 30mg for another month to assess the situation.
    Just to add, going from 15mg to 30mg wasnt that bad; just thirstier, abit dizzy when getting up quickly, and some sleep interruptions, but i can live with them.
    Still cant believe i didnt lose more weight with the higher dose.
    Im not ready to give up yet. Will give it another month or two.

#3 lovecat, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  4. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi. Third weigh in today: 59.9kg. A loss of 0.9kg. Slowly slowly hey? A loss is a better than a gain, yeah? There isnt anything more i can do about it. My dr asked me if i want to try 40mg but im alittle terrified of it, seeing as i still cant sleep properly. I take mine at 5am weekdays and 6am weekends; have no problems falling asleep. Just staying asleep. If it wasnt for the fact im still taking them i'd be like a zombie all day.
    Drinking 4 litres of water a day works wonders. Skin is clear, everything else is fine.
    Another month of 30mg awaits.
    ....wish me luck :)

BigMamaPlus3 and Joanne87 like this.
  5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good luck! A loss is a loss and definitely better than a gain ;)

lovecat likes this.
  6. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Thanks Kate, much appreciated :)

7. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

Good luck keep us updated

lovecat likes this.
  8. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Thanks @Joanne87.

Fourth weigh in: 58.6kg. That means i lost 1.3kg this month, my biggest loss so far.
    Im really happy about that. Its weird the way its worked out over the 4 months, but im really happy with it.

So that was my 3rd month on 30mg. And ive decided to give 40mg a go, i start on Saturday.
    Wish me luck!

Joanne87 likes this.
  9. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

That's Amazing you're doing so well, wish u the best of luck, u have really inspired me :)

10. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Thanks again joanne87 :)
    Hi all.
    5th monthly weigh in was wednesday of last week, 58kg.
    A 0.6kg loss.
    Weird isnt it?
    Im on my 2nd month of 40mg now. And im going great with them, i dont know why i was worried. Honestly, i feel no difference between the 30mg and the 40mg; still doing everything the same, still having my apple a day and 4 litres of water.
    So i decided to make the most of this as i dont want to go on these tablets again, so i want to lose as much as i can while on them, and im hoping i can do the 40mg for 3 months and then thats it for me, i'll be weening off after that.
    So im 4 days into my 2nd month of 40mg daily and i feel just fine.
    :)

11. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi lovecat,

I really don't want to put a dampener on your thread and your success but please tell me you are eating more than just an apple a day?

12. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Lol ^^^^ of course i am. Tho i do get why you asked, i have also read some weird dietary advice on here.
    My dr told me from the beginning to have an apple a day because duromine depletes certain minerals from the body and an apple a day helps restore them.
    I do have breakfast and dinner too.
    I dont eat much, and im actually eating more now that i have for years because for years i only ate dinner.
    I guess we are all different, but personally, i dont eat alot and my diet is good, has been for years.
    My inability to lose weight is abit of a mystery, been tested for everything imagineable and all is clear. Duromine was a last resort suggested by my dr and only after over a year and a half of testing and trying to lose it naturally.
    I may be menopausal, but we dont know for sure.
    So im doing this now and then hoping for the best once im off it. Because my diet and excercise is fine, theres nothing else i can safely do.
    My plan is to change my workout once off duromine, to try and 'shock' my body, as people say, but the truth is, i did that anyway before duromine and it made no difference.
    So who knows what will happen afterwards.
    I do know that this is something i will never do again because, to me, its been a huge expense i can barely afford and i rather enjoyed being totally drug-free before this.
    Ive only stuck with it because my body has responded well to it, no horror side effects, and also because its working as it should.
    My goal was 55kg but i doubt i'll get there, especially if my dr wants me to ween off after this current month of 40mg.
    But im happy to have had this opportunity.

KaylaLouise likes this.
  13. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone.
    My monthly weigh-in was yesterday, 57.1kg.
    Thats a 0.9kg loss, and im happy with that. I have another full month of 40mg ahead of me, and then i will be weaned off.
    As far as side effects go, after 6 months, everything is fine.
    I did buy a set of scales, but i wont use them til this is all over. I like not knowing til i go in for my weigh in.
    Im really happy with my progress overall.
    Hope everyone is going well.

14. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi again :)
    My weigh-in yesterday was good again, a 1kg loss, bringing me down to 56.1kg.
    A total of 6.4kg loss over the 7 months ive been on it. That may not seem like much, but to me its massive.
    Im ready to stop now.
    So my dr offered me another script for 40mg to start taking every 2nd day to begin the weaning off process but ive decided to skip that and go straight back down to 30mg. So i have to take 30mg daily for 2 weeks, and then the rest of them every second day, stretching the whole weaning off process to 6 weeks. Then i go back to my dr for a final weigh-in. Who knows if i'll lose any more weight? From what ive read, some do, some dont. Ive also been advised that the change in my workout routine that i want to do should be done when i start taking the duromine every 2nd day.

I know theres a chance the weight will just return, but there isnt much i can do about that besides starving myself. Im really happy with my weight loss.
    I will do one final update after my next weigh-in.
    Thanks for reading :)