First week done and dusted

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tinka79, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Tinka79

Tinka79 New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone,
    Well I've done my first week on Duromine 30mg and am very happy with the results and the limited side effects. Weigh in today and I lost 3kg (woohoo!) and am feeling a lot more positive about myself. The first few nights I didn't sleep great (I am a shift worker so that's not uncommon for me) but that has settled, my mouth is dry all the time and so are my eyes (weird).

What I have found very interesting is my complete disinterest in the foods I normally crave. In the past I have been a chocolate-a-day- kinda gal but this week I had a single square of chocolate and it tasted terrible. Has anyone else experienced a complete change in their taste buds?

Also, I have only confided to one person in my life that I am taking this medication, which is sad as I feel like I am hiding something, due to the negative reputation it has. Am I alone in this?

Take Care,
    K

kazzbah, durodani93, Melmo and 2 others like this.
  2. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Hi Tinka,
    Awesome start for your first week! Well done, it's great motivation isn't it!
    I lost 2kg my first week but have stayed the same weight the last couple of days. I need to stay off the scales for a few days as I get too obsessed with them and expect too much maybe. Im on my second week now so we should keep each other up to date. I also do not tell anyone I am on duromine except one person. You are not alone....
    How much do you want to lose? I have a mimi goal to lose 5 kg by my 40th birthday mid September. Then another 5 by christmas, as I know it will get harder but am hoping duromine helps the weight loss. I've tried so hard for 6 months on my own but I just can't shake it. I eat so well during the week and then have a few too many drinks on the weekend and maybe heavy meal or two and undo all my weeks hard work and am back to square one.
    Good luck and you aren't alone, which whats make this forum so helpful. I read up on threads each day to motivate me.

kazzbah and Melmo like this.
  3. Tinka79

Tinka79 New Member
    Registered

Hi Debbie,
    Great job! 2kg is a fabulous result :) I'd love to hear how you are doing. In total I need to lose about 35kg, my birthday is in 3 weeks and I was hoping to lose 5kg before then so I am on the right track. I know it is a big ask but I am hoping for a total of 15kg before Christmas (eek!) How much do you want to lose?
    I've also been trying on my own since the start of the year but I am an emotional eater so it's been a huge battle. I tend to fluctuate within a 5kg window but I have blown that out of the water this year, and my Dr agreed it was time to do something drastic (3 of my friends have had the sleeve this year but surgery scares me).
    Great idea about reading the threads, it's great to see there are others that are going through the same journey

jessyka20 and Melmo like this.
  4. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Hi Tinka,
    Yes 2kg is good, but I have an bad habit of getting on the scales and I seem to have gone up .3 this morning! I eat really well which is annoying and have had been drinking heaps of water.
    It could be muscle from my excercise of just fluctation in general. I need to stop weighing myself so much, as I think it stresses me out. I've read that stress can make it hard to lose weigt, and I have a very stressful boss at work. Anyway, I will keep you updated on how I go.
    I would like to lose 10-12kg.
    So what have you been eating? I typically have a piece of rye toast with vegemite for breakfast (no butter) or a smoothie with frozen berries, chia seeds, and small amount of greek yoghurt,. Then I have a banana or apple for snack. Lunch I have some chicken, sweet potato mash (no butter or milk) and broccoli. Another snack of either almonds or piece of fruit and then some meat and veg for dinner. I walk about 45 mins a day and lately have been jogging a little.
    So where are you living? I'm in Melbourne. Thanks for responding!
    Where abouts are you based? I'm in Melbourne.

Melmo likes this.
  5. Tinka79

Tinka79 New Member
    Registered

I am based in Townsville, so a bit further away :)
    Honestly I haven't really been watching what I am eating (terrible I know) but as my mouth has been so dry I have been craving a lot of fruit. I make sure I have porridge with fruit in the morning and generally some nuts as a snack (I love almonds) and dinner is normally just a piece of meat and salad.
    I exercise 3-4 times per week, for about an hour and tend to mix it up between weights and walking.
    I am planning on weighing myself tomorrow morning (half way through the week) just to check I am still on the right track.
    My biggest issue is portion sizes. I eat a small amount and then I am full so I am a bit concerned I am not eating enough.
    You are putting me to shame :)

Melmo likes this.
  6. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Sounds like your eating all the right foods, so you should do really well. I have to force myself to eat as much as I do, as I worry too much about putting my body in starvation mode. I was thinking of doing a juice cleanse while on duromine, since I don't feel hungry much. It might be the perfect time to cleanse. Let me know how your tracking with your weigh in tomorow.

Melmo likes this.
  7. Tinka79

Tinka79 New Member
    Registered

Well I lost a kg so I am very happy with that (gotta love digital scales lol). Although it has reconfirmed that I will need to do more exercise this week as I have only done 1 gym session. I'll try and go after work. Next weigh in is Tuesday so will be interesting to see how I go.
    What day is your weigh in Debbie?

Melmo likes this.
  8. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Well done on another kg!! Good effort. My weigh in is saturday so I will update you tomorrow.
    The weekends are hard for me as I like a drink and have too many friends that want to catch up, which always means a drink! Wish me luck!

Melmo and Tinka79 like this.
  9. Tinka79

Tinka79 New Member
    Registered

Good luck! I am sure you've done great :)

Melmo likes this.
  10. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Today is weigh in day and I lost 1kg. Pretty happy with that. So 2 weeks down and have lost 3kg. Duromine helps so much, as I'm not constantly thinking of food. I want to lose another 3 kg by sept 20 for my 40th.
    Being the weekend (this is when I usually undo all my hard work) I am trying to be extra good. Will have some pumpkin soup for lunch and some chicken and veg for dinner. I'm so excited about the future. I really feel like I am going to get to my goal by christmas. Have a good weekend and look forward to hearing how your going.

Melmo and Tinka79 like this.
  11. Tinka79

Tinka79 New Member
    Registered

1kg is a fantastic effort - you are going to make your birthday goal for sure!
    I actually forgot to take my dose yesterday and it was quite a different feeling. I wasn't as dry-eyed or tired which was interesting and I ate more than I have since I started. Hopefully it doesn't affect my weigh in on Tuesday.
    How did you go for the weekend? Any craving issues?

Melmo likes this.
  12. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Well yesterday turned a little for me. My partner decided he wanted roast pork for dinner and felt bad if I didn't eat it. I didn't eat any if the roast veggies and just had pork (had to have crackle too!) and beans. I also had a bottle of wine over the afternoon and night. I worked out that I ate about 1400 calories for the day and I didn't walk. Then this morning I got on the scales (which I prob shouldn't have) and a kilo!! So I was a bit disappointed with myself and went for an hour walk just now. I haven't had
    Any cravings which is good.
    So when you didn't take your does yesterday, did it make you want to eat different food. Did you still choose healthy food? Hopefully it doesn't have too much of an effect.
    I am going to up my excercise this week hopefully. I will walk for an hour instead of 45 mins. I need to have a good day today to make up for yesterday.

13. Kyles

Kyles Member
    Registered

Nevermind, you let your hair down a bit, and you can, don't beat yourself up !!!
    Just pick yourself up and continue on... I used to always get kranky with myself when I had a blowout, but now I somehow control the feelings, (d helps a lot) took me ages I would get upset, then I would just eat more, then get upset again cause I gained, lol, oh geeez a vicious cycle, I hope the roast was delicious!!!
    Good luck , you will be awesome xx

Tinka79 likes this.
  14. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Thanks kyles, your right. we do need to have a little enjoyment sometimes. Thank you for making me feel better. I just have to have a good week of healthy eating and exercise as much as possible. Have a great week everybody!

Tinka79 and Kyles like this.
  15. Tinka79

Tinka79 New Member
    Registered

I am never going to miss a dose again! It has taken me today to get feel like I was. Besides eating more I made a few bad choices and so I am refusing to get on the scales because it could mess with my head quite badly and I don't need that. I guess the habits I am learning are not ingrained just yet, but that will come with time. Right? Right? lol

16. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Right! lol
    I am going to challenge myself this week and not get on the scales until like Thursday or Friday (weigh in day sat) And I am making sure I walk EVERY day. Good luck this week. I look forward to seeing how we both go.

Kyles likes this.
  17. Tinka79

Tinka79 New Member
    Registered

How did you go Debbie? I've had a great week, I am now down 7kg in total for the 3 weeks and I am feeling so great. My sleep has settled, as well as my dry mouth and it's lovely to feel a little looser in my clothes :)

Kyles and Melmo like this.
  18. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Hi, oh wow 7kgs is fantastic!! You must be so proud of yourself!
    So have you changed any of your eating habits or excercise in the last week? Well I have stayed the same. So still 3 kgs down. I actually didn't take the D since last Friday but have started back today. Even the scales haven't budged for a week, I feel great as I can really feel I have lost in my work clothes that I wear every day. 2 - 3 weeks ago, my boobs were nearly busting out of my shirt and I could hardly do my pants button up lol. Now they are quite a lot looser. On Friday I took measurements also, which I haven't done before, so I'm interested to see how that goes also. Well, we'll done you! Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing how you go after another week xxx

19. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

How are you going Tinka? I've been on and off the D for the last 3weeks but the last time I weighed myself I had kept my weight the same about a week ago. My dad had an accident and hit his head and so has been in hospital for nearly 3 weeks with bleeding on the brain and amnesia. So it's been hard to eat well with all the hospital visits and then my birthday plans to organise. So I think I might have put on a kg but am happy ,work clothes still feel a little loose. So back on it tomorrow and back to my walking. I'm really disappointed that my routine was interrupted but my dad is getting better now and just need to be positive again and motivated. Would love to hear how you are going?

20. KatieB

KatieB New Member
    Registered

Hi Debbie,

Sorry to bother you but I see you are from Melbourne and I wonder if you wouldn't mind sharing the details of your doctor please? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks, Kate