First timer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sanga, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Sanga

Sanga New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi all I am starting my journey today and I woke up early to take the pill had breakfast around 8 but when I took my vitamins(I'm anemic) nausea started. Besides the nausea and dry mouth I'm still good. I'm glad I found this forum hoping will get the support I need

April and Sherlock_76 like this.
  2. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

Nausea is a potential side effect of Duromine. However, you say you’re anaemic and take vitamins- I assume you mean you take iron supplements for low iron?

Iron tablets can also cause nausea. Personally I experienced nausea and vomiting on many occasions while taking various iron supplements. The brand Maltofer was more tolerable for me. In fact, just multivitamin tablets themself make me nauseated- something about the taste of them.

Otherwise, if that isn’t the case, it sounds like you took your medication with breakfast which would be my only other suggestion to alleviate the nausea. Taking tablets during the meal, i.e. having a few bites to line your stomach, taking the tablets and continuing to finish eating often helps in some cases.

Good luck and hopefully you won’t always get the nausea when you take it :( xx

April and Sanga like this.
  3. Sanga

Sanga New Member
    Registered

Hi Stargazer

Yes I take iron tablets but today I ate first and finished waited 30mins before taking my supplements and no nausea. Day 2 went well no side effects. Thank you so much for the comment

4. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

Hooray! Let’s hope it stays that way :D

Sanga and April like this.
  5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Sanga! Welcome to the forum! Happy to know that you’re going well, without side effects. Did the appetite suppression kick in already?

Sanga likes this.
  6. Sanga

Sanga New Member
    Registered

Evening April

I have been having food cravings but drinking water actually helps with that. Today day 6 I've been in a foul mood and have a headache. I have noticed that i have lost weight around the tummy.

7. Sanga

Sanga New Member
    Registered

Tjooo Stargazer

Things have changed today it has been a challenge, headache,foul mood and food cravings but nothing i can't andle

8. Stargazer

Stargazer Member
    Registered

That’s awful :( You need a big hug. Hopefully that mood swing will swing the other way soon and make you feel better. Good on you for hanging in there.

April and Sanga like this.
  9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

=(( Hate it when Duromine does this to people. Fingers crossed you get better soon. And applause for staying strong! Loosing weight in the stomach area is a good motivation =) keep up the great job!

Sanga likes this.