First time using duromine "rooky"

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Jr89, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

Hi guys i posted in the mens corner but havent had a response so i am about to re post what i have put on there over the past few days. This post and 2 others.
    Here goes.
    Sorry i ramble!

Hey folks!
    Ill start with my physical stats,
    29yrs closer to hell.
    176cm short.
    86kg wrecking ball.

I apologise for how long this will probably be, i ramble on sometimes but bare with me.
    Why duromine:
    Feeling crap about myself, im to embarrassed to take my 6mnth old swimming, i hate wearing tshirts cause of my man boobs, i havent swam without a shirt on since i was 8 because i have been too embarrassed.
    (Yes i have been to the gym and yes i eat well, always got "muscleyer" but could not shift the weight)
    Went to my local gp last week had a chat and got perscribed 30mg duromine and said come see me in a month when you finish this.
    (Today is day 3)
    I am VERY crap at keeping track of calories ect, even the apps i dont really understand, but i do keep a basic food diary of everything i eat and drink daily on a note pad. That i can always look back to.

By posting here i am looking for dumbed down and to the point info because all the research just goes over my head also i want to share my duro journey and the results with you guys.

Questions.
    Am i meant to keep eating brekky, lunch and dinner (smaller portions)?
    Am i meant to feel slightly more on edge?
    My attention span seems to be non existant as my boss said today "your away with the faries today mate" is that normal? Does it pass?
    Between work and home life i am walking minimum 8km a day with other mixed physical work (im in the construction industry) is that enough exercise to achieve results?
    Last but not least can i have a beer on the weekends?

Im really sorry for the small novel you all just had to read but any dumbed down info would be fantastic!

Appreciate any help.
    Cheers.

BigKnickers likes this.
  2. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

Post 2.

About to hit the hay for the night, this is my daily calorie count that my wife put into an app. apparently the numbers are 100% accurate.
    I dont exactly know if its good or bad results. Let me know if any of you see where i could improve to get the best out of duromine.
    Daily calorie intake for weight loss - 2160
    Total calories eaten today - 1312
    Calories burned off - 1900

3. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

Im not getting much love on here at all am i haha..
    Could anyone tell me which "calories burned" i am meant to follow in the attached photo?
    Calories burned - 1892kcal
    Activity - 484kcal

Not sure which one i am meant to follow for how much i have burned off.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

4. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi @Jr89 and welcome to the forums!

To answer some of your questions first :)

Am i meant to keep eating brekky, lunch and dinner (smaller portions)?
    Yes! It's all about making good habits now so that when you come off Duromine you are still able to continue them.

Am i meant to feel slightly more on edge?
    This is one of the side effects that can be quite common - but within a couple of weeks it should calm down.

My attention span seems to be non existant as my boss said today "your away with the fairies today mate" is that normal?
    Does it pass?

Another effect that can be common. Yes it will pass :). You are only on day 3 but again within one to two weeks everything should settle down. I personally experience this type of feeling - and I believe its because of the insomnia I experience when on Duromine.

Between work and home life i am walking minimum 8km a day with other mixed physical work (I'm in the construction industry) is that enough exercise to achieve results?
    Tricky, as everyone is different! IMO if you have been walking a 8km day before Duromine - then I would up the exercise. That being said, I think you will still lose weight as your portions are now smaller and you are making healthier choices.

Last but not least can i have a beer on the weekends?
    The interaction between Duromine and alcohol can be intense. It affects everyone differently. There are others here on the forum who have had a few drinks and have been ok, and others who haven't.

For me - and it being the silly season, what I am doing is not having Duromine on the weekends. I have a lot of social happenings between now and the new year, so I wanted to play it safe.

Could anyone tell me which "calories burned" i am meant to follow in the attached photo?
    Calories burned - 1892kcal
    Activity - 484kcal

The second one is the calories you have burned in regards to your exercise so its the one you should follow. The calories burned total is what your body has burned naturally (your basal metabolic rate) plus your activity I believe.

What app you are using?

5. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

Thanks for that @Rava,

My wife has put me on this "my fitness pal" app to track my calorie intake and i am using "samsung health" to track my daily exercise. I put all my stats in when i started using the app and it said that 2160kcal is my ideal weightloss calorie intake.
    In my understanding as long as i stay at or just under those figures i should be dropping weight, is that correct?

I noticed yesterday my moods have picked up abit, feeling abit more me. Also found myself feeling abit hungry by the end of the day.

Cheers.

Rava likes this.
  6. Ashleigh7441

Ashleigh7441 New Member
    Registered

Hey JR. Welcome on board.

Rava is spot on with all her answers.

You are definitely meant to keep eating. Doctors tell you it's all about the timing. Even off Duromine, the best way to lose weight, is to eat 5-6 small meals a day. Try to mimic this while you're on Duromine. Even if you dont "feel" hungry, try to eat something. Many people forget to eat and end up feeling sick or passing out. This is something you should really focus on, as I see you have a physical job.

The first couple of days, I felt on edge too. It's completely normal. Duromine is "legal speed" afterall! It will eventually subside. I think my over alertness stopped on day 4 or 5. Don't stress!

I have days where I am off with the fairies too. You have good days, and you have spacey days. Write down a to do list for the days you feel a little disconnected from reality to help you focus on one thing at a time.

Walking is a great start, but cardio only tends to allow you to burn fat while you're doing it, whereas weight training burns fat for a while after you finish the workout. Weight training is beneficial for sustained weight loss.

Like any other medication, mixing prescription medication and alcohol is not advised. I really wanted a glass of wine last night, after a difficult work week, but a single glass comes in at 100 calories. I try to remember this, and it puts me off having a drink. Beer is also high in carbs, something which should be either avoided or lowered while you're on Duromine to get the best results. If you do want to have a drink though, discuss this with your doctor first.

Best of luck to you moving forward! Duromine is a great way to help you take back control of your life. Remember to keep focused and dont be afraid to ask questions. Look to Facebook to see if there are any Duromine support forums in your area or country, as you will get faster responses there.

7. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am so sorry I wasn't able to reply faster @Jr89 ! We have NBN rolling out in our area right now and it is playing havoc with my adsl :(

In regards to calories - most weightless plans for men recommend 1600 - 1800 per day - but this is just a general figure. This caloric intake allows most guys to achieve an intake loss of 500 - 1000 calories per day resulting in a 1/2 to 1kg loss per week.

8. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

Hey guys,
    Been a couple of days since i posted as the weekend was abit wild and had a few hiccups with my diet so i punished myself with a big run in response to messing up.

I did a calculator and with my weight and height and age ect and it has told me that 2060kcal is my safe intake to loose 1kg per week. Most days i am well under that..

I have done so much reaserch on what i should and shouldnt be doing and what is good and what is bad while on duromine that i have completely confused myself and dont really know if what im doing is right but im giving it a crack. The attached image is my day so far, for dinner is some boiled chicken with veg (i dont know the calories)
    Can someone have a look at the image and tell me if im on the right track? (I know its hard to tell just by numbers but i dunno)
    Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

9. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Jr89 - all looks good to me.

Just a reminder not to eat back your exercise calories! You dont want to consume what you have already burned ;)

By my calculations you have 1430 calories left for the day that you can eat :)

10. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

@Rava those remaining 1430 should i make sure i eat that or should i stay way under it?

Rava likes this.
  11. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Jr89 I would just be aware that this is what you have left for the day :)

You dont want to starve your body and cause it to retain weight. So if you hit the mark - all good. If your a little bit under its still all good :)

12. Jr89

Jr89 New Member
    Registered

Hey folks, been abit quiet over the past week, not wanting to do anyones heads in..
    Just an update,
    Im in my 3rd week on duromine now jumped on the scales for the first time thismorning and i am weighing in at 81.3kg, from 86kg its safe to say i am stoked with the results so far!
    As for Side effects i get a little bit of a dry mouth every now and then but that is all.

Does duromine do anything other than supress appetite?
    Does it alter the metabolic rate at all or anything?

Rava likes this.
  13. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Jr89 feel free to post anytime and ask away! that's what the forum is for and I promise you "you haven't done anybodies head in" :) :)

Fantastic result! Congrats! It took me 6 weeks to lose over 5kgs!

Does duromine do anything other than supress appetite?
    Does it alter the metabolic rate at all or anything?

Hope I can answer your questions :)

So the active ingredient of Duromine is Phentermine. Phentermine is similar in its structure to amphetamines so it's an actual stimulant. That being said it is also an anorectic (a prescription only medicine which helps reduce the appetite).

Because our appetites are reduced a great deal - when we do make food choices, we tend to go for the more healthier option. Its like we all of a sudden wake up and realise that we only need to feed our body "fuel" (well this is what it is like for me anyhow ;))

It does provide a thermogenic effect in the body. Now a thermogenic effect is a process of when your body burns more calories to produce heat. When your body produces more heat, you burn calories faster - so "Yes, it can affect your metabolic rate".

I personally think that the process of the body producing more heat is why we are always thirsty :)

Hope that helps! and please keep posting!

durominediet and Dre like this.
  14. Dre

Dre Active Member
    Registered

Rava darling
    your making me look bad!
    i thought i was the only one on this beautiful forum who knew
    how to use Harry Potters wand..

you understand the magic of Duromine like i do x

Hugs
    Dre

Rava likes this.